|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
2. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
3. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
4. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
5. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of women in Greece during the 1950s. What precedents did these women feel compelled to follow? What restrictions did they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have? How were their lives significantly more difficult than the lives of 21st century women? How does Pelagia's life change from the beginning of the book to show her burgeoning independence?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mandras. What did he look like? What do we learn about him and his life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and describe the lifestyles of the main characters. Where are they living? What work do they do? Where do they find joy? How do they reconcile their pasts?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)