|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
2. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
3. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
4. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
5. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of war. Identify at least two examples about war in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in "Corelli's Mandolin". Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mandras. What did he look like? What do we learn about him and his life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)