|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
2. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
3. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
4. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
5. What city do the Germans bomb?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the story. Why does the author use the setting she does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Gunter Weber. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by developing Gunter's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of war. Identify at least two examples about war in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)