|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
3. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
4. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
5. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
2. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
3. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
4. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
5. Who does Antonia marry and what does she ultimately name the child she will have many years later?
6. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
7. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
8. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
9. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
10. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest lesson Pelagia learns from her father? Is it true that important lessons are also painful ones? What will Pelagia always recall about her father?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Dr. Iannis. What did he look like? What was his daily life like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of music. Identify at least two instances about music in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)