|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
2. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
3. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
4. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
5. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
2. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
3. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
4. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
5. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
6. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
7. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
8. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
9. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
10. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Pelagia. What did she look like? What was her life like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Carlo. What did he look like? What is his life life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two instances about love in the book and then cite examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)