|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
2. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
3. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
4. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
5. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
2. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
3. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
4. What assumption had Corelli made when he had first seen Pelagia holding the young Antonia many years ago?
5. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
6. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
7. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
8. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
9. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
10. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Pelagia. What did she look like? What was her life like? What were her positive personality traits? What were her dreams and fears? What was most valuable to her in her world?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of music. Identify at least two instances about music in the book and then cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Iannis. What did he look like? What was his daily life like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,673 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)