|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
2. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
3. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
4. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
5. What is Mandras' job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
2. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
3. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
4. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
5. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
6. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
7. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
8. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
9. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
10. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Dr. Iannis. What did he look like? What was his daily life like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mandras. What did he look like? What do we learn about him and his life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of war. Identify at least two examples about war in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
This section contains 1,761 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)