|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
2. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
3. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
4. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
5. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
2. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
3. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
4. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
5. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
6. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
7. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
8. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
9. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
10. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several events of foreshadowing in "Corelli's Mandolin". Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Dr. Iannis. What did he look like? What was his daily life like? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Captain Corelli. What did he look like? What do we know about him? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)