|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
2. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
3. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
4. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
5. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
2. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
3. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
4. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
5. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
6. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
7. Why does Pelagia not recognize Mandras at first when he returns home?
8. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
9. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
10. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author used more than one iteration on the theme of war. Identify at least two examples about war in the book and then explain why the examples support the theme.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mandras. What did he look like? What do we learn about him and his life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Carlo. What did he look like? What is his life life? What were his positive personality traits? What were his dreams and fears? What was most valuable to him in his world?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)