|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Gandin believed the promise of the Germans that they would ___________________.
(a) not harm the villagers.
(b) provide the Italians with safe passage.
(c) would not storm the beaches.
(d) would bypass the island in their attacks.
2. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
3. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
4. How does Mandras die?
(b) Knife wound.
(c) Gunshot wound.
5. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
2. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
3. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
4. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
5. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
2. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
3. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
4. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
5. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
6. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
7. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
8. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
9. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
10. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)