|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Torture them.
(b) Take them as prisoners.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Evacuate them.
2. What does Corelli do on his last day before leaving the island?
(a) He packs his belongings.
(b) He makes travel arrangements.
(c) He spends it with Pelagia.
(d) He sleeps.
3. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
4. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Phonograph player and records.
(b) German books.
(c) Cigarette lighter.
(d) Sweater and journal.
5. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He runs.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
2. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
3. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
4. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
5. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)