|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
2. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(b) Weber can be easily replaced.
(c) He will think about Weber's request.
(d) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
3. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The top of her head.
(b) The forehead.
(c) The cheek.
(d) The lips.
4. Who does Antonia want to marry?
5. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(d) Tomato juice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
2. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
3. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
4. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
5. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
2. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
3. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
4. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
5. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
6. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
7. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
8. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
9. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
10. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)