|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Gandin believed the promise of the Germans that they would ___________________.
(a) provide the Italians with safe passage.
(b) not harm the villagers.
(c) would bypass the island in their attacks.
(d) would not storm the beaches.
2. Pelagia realizes that Carlo and her father are responsible for writing and distributing _____________________.
(a) tuberculosis inoculation pamphlets.
(b) bomb shelter pamphlets.
(c) anti-Mussolini pamphlets.
(d) the community theater pamphlets.
3. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
4. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Take them as prisoners.
(d) Torture them.
5. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Italian resistance members.
(b) Greek resistance members.
(c) Polish resisitance members.
(d) French resistance members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
2. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
3. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
4. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
5. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
2. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
3. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
4. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
5. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
6. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
7. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
8. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
9. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
10. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)