|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
2. What city do the Germans bomb?
3. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
4. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will get the surgery he needs.
(b) He will send her money.
(c) He will become a doctor.
(d) He will return for her after the war.
5. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) He will think about Weber's request.
(b) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(c) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
(d) Weber can be easily replaced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
2. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
3. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
4. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
5. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
2. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
3. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
4. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
5. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
6. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
7. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
8. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
9. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
10. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)