|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His money.
(b) His mandolin.
(c) His photographs.
(d) His journal.
2. What is the profession of the man in #162?
3. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) Weber can be easily replaced.
(b) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(c) He will think about Weber's request.
(d) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
4. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
5. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
(a) The British spy.
(c) Dr. Iannis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
2. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
3. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
4. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
5. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
2. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
3. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
4. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
5. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
6. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
7. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
8. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
9. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
10. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)