|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does Antonia open?
(b) Souvenir shops.
(c) Dress shop.
(d) Music stores.
2. What does Antonia name her son?
3. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is temporarily deaf.
(b) His legs are badly burned.
(c) He loses a thumb.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
4. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
5. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Create a park in his name.
(b) Plant a garden.
(c) Become a doctor like her father.
(d) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
2. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
3. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
4. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
5. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
2. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
3. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
4. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
5. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
6. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
7. Who does Antonia marry and what does she ultimately name the child she will have many years later?
8. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
9. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
10. What does Corelli do on his last day on the island and how does he ultimately leave?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)