|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Train recruits on the island.
(b) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(c) Execute the Italian soldiers.
(d) Return to Berlin.
2. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
3. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
(c) Pelagia and Corelli.
(d) Gunter and Corelli.
4. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
5. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
2. What city do the Germans bomb?
3. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
4. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
5. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
2. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
3. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
4. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
5. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
6. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
7. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
8. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
9. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
10. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)