|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
2. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He pays them well.
(b) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
(c) He has a great vision.
(d) He gives them three meals a day.
3. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
(a) Dr. Iannis.
4. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
5. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He thought she was the doctor.
(b) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He wants to kiss her everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
2. What type of business does Drousula open?
3. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
4. Who is Alekos?
5. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
2. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
3. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
4. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
5. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
6. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
7. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
8. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
9. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
10. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)