|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Antonia want to marry?
2. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Manuscripts and letters.
(b) Photographs and letters.
(c) Manuscripts and a will.
(d) Photographs and a journal.
3. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The lips.
(c) The top of her head.
(d) The forehead.
4. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By car.
(b) By boat.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
5. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) He will think about Weber's request.
(b) Weber can be easily replaced.
(c) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(d) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
2. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
3. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
4. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
5. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
2. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
3. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
4. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
5. Who does Antonia marry and what does she ultimately name the child she will have many years later?
6. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
7. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
8. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
9. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
10. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)