|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
2. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) access to their bank accounts.
(b) power of attorney.
(c) their wills.
(d) personal items to hide for them.
3. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
4. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Sweater and journal.
(b) German books.
(c) Phonograph player and records.
(d) Cigarette lighter.
5. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He loses a thumb.
(c) He is temporarily deaf.
(d) His legs are badly burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
2. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
3. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
4. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
5. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
2. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
3. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
4. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
5. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
6. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
7. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
8. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
9. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
10. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)