|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Dress shop.
(b) Music stores.
(c) Souvenir shops.
2. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The top of her head.
(b) The cheek.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The lips.
3. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
4. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
(a) General Grandin.
(b) General Sabato.
(c) General Riccio.
(d) General Abruzzo.
5. Who does Antonia want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
2. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
3. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
4. What type of business does Drousula open?
5. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
2. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
3. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
4. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
5. What does Corelli do on his last day on the island and how does he ultimately leave?
6. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
7. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
8. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
9. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
10. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)