|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mandras die?
(b) Gunshot wound.
(c) Knife wound.
2. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Give him his mail.
(b) Locks him out of the house.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Kisses him on the cheek.
3. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Her father is very ill.
(b) Mandras has been killed in battle.
(c) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(d) The Germans have bombed their home.
4. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
5. Who does Antonia want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
2. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
3. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
4. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
5. How does Corelli leave the island?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
2. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
3. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
4. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
5. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
6. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
7. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
8. What does Corelli do on his last day on the island and how does he ultimately leave?
9. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
10. Who does Antonia marry and what does she ultimately name the child she will have many years later?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)