|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mandras die?
(b) Knife wound.
(c) Gunshot wound.
2. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He has a great vision.
(b) He pays them well.
(c) He gives them three meals a day.
(d) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
3. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Souvenir shops.
(b) Music stores.
(c) Dress shop.
4. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(b) He thought she was the doctor.
(c) He wants to kiss her everyday.
(d) He is in love with her.
5. What is the profession of the man in #162?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
2. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
3. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
4. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
5. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
2. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
3. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
4. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
5. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
6. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
7. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
8. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
9. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
10. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)