|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Train recruits on the island.
(b) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(c) Return to Berlin.
(d) Execute the Italian soldiers.
2. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
(d) Dr. Iannis.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
(d) Master race theories.
4. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
5. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
2. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
3. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
4. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
5. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
2. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
3. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
4. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 42, "How Like a Woman Is a Mandolin".
5. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
6. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
7. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
8. What does Corelli do on his last day on the island and how does he ultimately leave?
9. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
10. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)