|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Phonograph player and records.
(b) Sweater and journal.
(c) Cigarette lighter.
(d) German books.
2. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She has a history of mental instability.
(b) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
(c) She is betrothed to another man.
(d) She is too young to get married.
3. What does Antonia name her son?
4. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) dig trenches around the island.
(b) prepare to attack the Italians.
(c) burn the town.
(d) evacuate from the island.
5. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will become a doctor.
(b) He will get the surgery he needs.
(c) He will return for her after the war.
(d) He will send her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
2. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
3. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
4. What city do the Germans bomb?
5. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
2. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
3. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
4. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
5. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
6. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
7. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
8. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
9. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
10. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)