|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will return for her after the war.
(b) He will become a doctor.
(c) He will get the surgery he needs.
(d) He will send her money.
2. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
(a) The British spy.
(b) Dr. Iannis.
3. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Execute the Italian soldiers.
(b) Train recruits on the island.
(c) Return to Berlin.
(d) Take the villagers as prisoners.
4. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
5. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Kisses him on the cheek.
(c) Give him his mail.
(d) Locks him out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
2. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
3. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
4. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
5. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)