|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) access to their bank accounts.
(b) power of attorney.
(c) their wills.
(d) personal items to hide for them.
2. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(b) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
(d) Boys playing in the street.
3. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Photographs and letters.
(b) Manuscripts and letters.
(c) Photographs and a journal.
(d) Manuscripts and a will.
4. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
(a) His dog.
(b) His brother.
(c) An assistant priest.
(d) His secretary.
5. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
(a) An insane asylum.
(b) An underground room at Dr. Iannis' house.
(c) A cave near the sea.
(d) A private hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
2. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
3. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
4. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
5. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
2. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
3. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
4. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
5. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
6. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
7. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
8. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
9. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
10. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
This section contains 1,286 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)