|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
(a) Bugsy Warren.
(b) Buddy Warren.
(c) Bobby Warren.
(d) Bunny Warren.
2. What does Antonia name her son?
3. What type of business does Antonia open?
(b) Souvenir shops.
(c) Music stores.
(d) Dress shop.
4. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) A drifter.
(b) The priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A dog.
5. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(b) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(c) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(d) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
2. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
3. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
4. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
5. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
2. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
3. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
4. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
5. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
6. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
7. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
8. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
9. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
10. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)