|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They run.
(b) They sleep in the forest.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They wait until someone finds them.
2. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
(c) Dr. Iannis.
3. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) What they will do after the war is over.
(b) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
(c) The horrors of war.
(d) If she would convert to his religion.
4. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
5. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
2. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
3. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
4. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
5. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
2. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
3. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
4. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
5. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
6. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
7. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
8. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
9. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
10. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)