|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The lips.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The top of her head.
2. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) His legs are badly burned.
(b) He is temporarily deaf.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He loses a thumb.
3. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should attack the German soldiers.
(b) They should jump off the truck.
(c) They should pray.
(d) They should sing.
4. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) prepare to attack the Italians.
(b) evacuate from the island.
(c) dig trenches around the island.
(d) burn the town.
5. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
(a) General Sabato.
(b) General Abruzzo.
(c) General Riccio.
(d) General Grandin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
2. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
3. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
4. Who does Antonia want to marry?
5. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
2. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
3. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
4. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
5. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
6. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
7. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
8. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
9. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
10. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)