|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Take them as prisoners.
2. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
3. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
4. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
5. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
(b) Says that he had a certified letter.
(c) Says that she loves him.
(d) Says she thought he was her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
2. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
3. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
4. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
5. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is "Bunny" Warren and how does he arrive on the island?
2. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
3. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
4. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
5. What are some of the topics that Corelli and Weber talk about when they meet for the singing group?
6. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
7. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
8. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
9. How does Corelli turn Pelagia's kiss on the cheek into a comedic episode?
10. Why is Pelagia filled with sorrow even though Corelli has survived the attempted execution by the Germans?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)