|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
2. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
3. What type of business does Drousula open?
(a) Gift shop.
(c) Beauty salon.
4. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
5. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
2. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
3. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
4. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
5. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when food becomes scarce on the island?
2. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
3. Who does Antonia marry and what does she ultimately name the child she will have many years later?
4. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
5. In what ways has the war transformed the priest, Father Arsenios?
6. How is Corelli saved from the execution site and what happens to the bodies of the other Italian soldiers?
7. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
8. What advice does Dr. Iannis give separately to Pelagia and Corelli about their romance?
9. What do Carlo and Corelli give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping when they fear that their deaths may be imminent?
10. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)