|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
(a) medical supplies.
(c) olive oil.
(d) radio broadcasts.
2. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
(a) Mandras' mother.
(b) Dr. Iannis.
3. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
(a) Gunter Weber.
(b) Hans Weber.
(c) Friedrick Schwartz.
(d) Gunter Schmid.
4. What is Mandras' job?
(a) Wine maker.
(b) Ship builder.
5. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
(a) They quickly look away.
(b) They have a staring contest.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
4. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
5. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
2. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
3. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
4. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
5. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
6. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
7. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
8. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
9. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
10. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)