|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Blind people.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Crippled children.
(d) Inmates of the insane asylum.
2. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
3. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
4. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
5. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
(a) go away and fight with the resistance.
(b) set their wedding date.
(c) join the priesthood.
(d) stay at his cabin in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
2. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
3. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
4. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
5. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
2. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
3. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
4. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
5. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
6. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
7. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
8. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
9. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
10. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)