|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
(a) Take back a watchtower from bandits.
(b) Ready boats for a fishing expedition.
(c) Find another priest to say mass in the village.
(d) Distribute war flyers.
2. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Dr. Iannis dies.
(b) World War II ends.
(c) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(d) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
3. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
4. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) The beach.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) A church.
5. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Il Duce Rules.
(b) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(c) Fighting to Believe.
(d) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
4. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
5. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
2. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
3. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
4. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
5. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
6. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
7. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
8. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
9. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
10. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)