|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
(a) Antonio Sabatini.
(b) Antonio Maximo.
(c) Antonio DiGuardio.
(d) Antonio Corelli.
2. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) Pelagia's journal.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) Carlo's testimony.
(d) Dr. Iannis' book.
3. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
4. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
5. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
(a) Gunter Schmid.
(b) Friedrick Schwartz.
(c) Gunter Weber.
(d) Hans Weber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
2. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
3. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
4. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
5. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
2. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
3. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
4. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
5. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
6. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
7. Why does Pelagia not recognize Mandras at first when he returns home?
8. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
9. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
10. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)