|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Crippled children.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Blind people.
(d) Inmates of the insane asylum.
2. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
(b) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
(c) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
(d) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
3. What is the rank of the person in #34?
4. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
5. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) shop vegetables.
(b) compose music.
(c) talk to her father.
(d) write letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
2. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
3. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
4. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
5. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
2. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
3. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
4. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
5. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
6. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
7. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
8. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
9. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
10. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)