|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) All the young men are gone.
(b) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(c) There have been budget cuts.
(d) Nothing much happens in the winter.
2. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Acqui Unit.
(b) Appenine Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Vidi Unit.
3. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
(a) Sing Greek songs.
(b) Bait a hook.
(c) Stitch a wound.
(d) Say an obscenity in Greek.
4. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A church.
(c) A lighthouse.
(d) The beach.
5. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His illegitimacy.
(b) His thefts.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His crime of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
2. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
3. Who is Mandras' mother?
4. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
5. Which of the following does Carlo NOT tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
2. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
3. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
4. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
5. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
6. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
7. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
8. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
9. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
10. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)