|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
2. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His crime of murder.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His illegitimacy.
(d) His thefts.
3. Why is Pelagia startled when she arrives home one day?
(a) There are quarantine signs posted.
(b) A crazed-looking man is sitting there.
(c) A horse has wandered inside.
(d) The door is bolted shut.
4. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
5. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
2. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
3. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
4. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
5. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
2. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
3. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
4. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
5. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
6. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
7. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
8. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
9. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
10. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)