|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Vidi Unit.
(b) Acqui Unit.
(c) Appenine Unit.
(d) Dei Unit.
4. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) All the young men are gone.
(b) There have been budget cuts.
(c) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(d) Nothing much happens in the winter.
5. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(b) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
(c) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
(d) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
2. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
3. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
4. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
5. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
2. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
3. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
4. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
5. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
6. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
7. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
8. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
9. What issues are prevalent for Pelagia and Mandras regarding their future together?
10. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)