|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
2. What nationality is Carlo Piero Guercio?
3. What does Corelli do early in the mornings?
(a) Goes to church.
(c) Plays his mandolin.
(d) Fixes a big breakfast.
4. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) A flask.
(c) Pelagia's letters.
(d) A flag.
5. Who asks Carlo to deliver a letter to his mother in the event of his death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
2. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
3. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
4. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
5. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
2. What is the first mention of Captain Corelli in the novel?
3. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
4. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
5. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
6. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
7. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
8. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
9. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
10. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)