|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
2. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
(a) Bait a hook.
(b) Say an obscenity in Greek.
(c) Sing Greek songs.
(d) Stitch a wound.
3. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
(a) The pine marten scratches at the door.
(b) A patient has come to see her father.
(c) She is embarrassed by her actions.
(d) Her father calls her to come outside.
4. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
(a) When he saves more money.
(b) When she is a little older.
(c) When he comes back from the war.
(d) When her father gives permission.
5. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Appenine Unit.
(b) Acqui Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Vidi Unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
2. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
3. What happens on April 30, 1941?
4. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
5. Who is Mandras' mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
2. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
3. What issues are prevalent for Pelagia and Mandras regarding their future together?
4. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
5. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
6. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
7. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
8. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
9. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
10. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)