|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
2. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(b) Il Duce Rules.
(c) Fighting to Believe.
(d) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
3. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
4. What is the rank of the person in #34?
5. What does Corelli do early in the mornings?
(a) Plays his mandolin.
(b) Goes to church.
(d) Fixes a big breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
2. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
3. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
4. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
5. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
2. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
3. Describe the circumstances in which Corelli and Pelagia part?
4. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
5. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
6. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
7. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
8. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
9. What assumption had Corelli made when he had first seen Pelagia holding the young Antonia many years ago?
10. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)