|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
4. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Angeles.
(b) Captain Corelli.
(c) Major Andreas.
5. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
(a) Behind a screen.
(b) At his office door.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the church door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
2. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
3. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
4. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
5. Where does Francisco die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
2. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
3. How has General Grandin put his men in jeopardy by believing the promises of the Germans?
4. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
5. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
6. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
7. What unspeakable act is Gunter ordered to do by his commander, and what will happen to Gunter if he refuses to do it?
8. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
9. What does Corelli do on his last day on the island and how does he ultimately leave?
10. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)