|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
2. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
3. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He is an epileptic.
(b) He was married before.
(c) He has a terminal illness.
(d) He cannot read.
4. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
(a) go away and fight with the resistance.
(b) stay at his cabin in the mountains.
(c) set their wedding date.
(d) join the priesthood.
5. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
2. What is Mandras' job?
3. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
4. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
5. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
2. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
3. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
4. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
5. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
6. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
7. Why does Pelagia not recognize Mandras at first when he returns home?
8. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
9. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
10. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)