|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the daughter of the Prime Minister of Greece?
2. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
(a) When she is a little older.
(b) When her father gives permission.
(c) When he comes back from the war.
(d) When he saves more money.
3. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
(a) Bait a hook.
(b) Sing Greek songs.
(c) Say an obscenity in Greek.
(d) Stitch a wound.
4. Where does Francisco die?
(a) In a muddy trench.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) In a military hospital.
(d) In a forest.
5. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
(a) as they use the latrines.
(b) as they do calisthenics.
(c) as they eat breakfast.
(d) as they march.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
2. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
3. Who is Mandras' mother?
4. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
5. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
2. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
3. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
4. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
5. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
6. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
7. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
8. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
9. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
10. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
This section contains 1,107 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)