|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Sings in his ear.
(b) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Puts her hands over his eyes.
2. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
(a) radio broadcasts.
(b) medical supplies.
(c) olive oil.
3. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Mason.
(b) Lt-Col Marsden.
(c) Lt-Col Myers.
(d) Lt-Col Middleton.
4. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
5. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
(a) The Americans.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
2. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
3. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
4. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
5. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
2. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
3. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
4. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
5. Why does Pelagia not recognize Mandras at first when he returns home?
6. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
7. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
8. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
9. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
10. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)