|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
4. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His thefts.
(c) His crime of murder.
(d) His illegitimacy.
5. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) A lighthouse.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
2. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
3. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
4. Who is the Duce?
5. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
Short Essay Questions
1. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
2. What are the circumstances in which Iannis gets Corelli's mandolin for lessons?
3. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
4. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
5. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
6. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
7. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
8. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
9. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
10. Explain what happens when an unexploded mine washes ashore near the village.
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)