|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
(b) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
(c) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
(d) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
4. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Dr. Iannis dies.
(b) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(c) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
(d) World War II ends.
5. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
(c) olive oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Carlo NOT tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death?
2. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
3. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
4. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
5. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
2. What issues are prevalent for Pelagia and Mandras regarding their future together?
3. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
4. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
5. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
6. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
7. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
8. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
9. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
10. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)