|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
(a) St. Theodoros.
(b) St. Gerasimos.
(c) St. Anne.
(d) St. Sebastian.
2. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
3. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) Pelagia's journal.
(b) Dr. Iannis' book.
(c) Carlo's testimony.
(d) A French restaurant.
4. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
5. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
2. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
3. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
4. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
5. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
2. When the Germans withdraw from the island, what does Gunter leave at the home of Dr. Iannis?
3. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
4. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
5. What is the general consensus of Hector by the men who are serving under him?
6. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
7. Who takes control of the island after the Germans leave, and why is Dr. Iannis taken away from their homes?
8. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
9. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
10. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)