|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
2. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) The beach.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A church.
3. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
(a) Sing Greek songs.
(b) Say an obscenity in Greek.
(c) Bait a hook.
(d) Stitch a wound.
4. Who is Mandras' mother?
5. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His crime of murder.
(b) His thefts.
(c) His homosexuality.
(d) His illegitimacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
2. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
3. Dr. Iannis struggles to write a book about ___________________.
4. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
5. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
2. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
3. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
4. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
5. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
6. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
7. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
8. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
9. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
10. Describe what happens during the village feast, especially for Mandras and Pelagia.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)