|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His crime of murder.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His illegitimacy.
(d) His thefts.
2. Which of the following does Carlo NOT tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death?
(a) Francisco died on a bright day.
(b) Francisco stepped on a land mine.
(c) Francisco whispered his mother's name as he died.
(d) Francisco was shot through the heart.
3. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) Carlo's testimony.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) Pelagia's journal.
(d) Dr. Iannis' book.
4. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
5. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Acqui Unit.
(b) Appenine Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Vidi Unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
2. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
3. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
4. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
5. Who asks Carlo to deliver a letter to his mother in the event of his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
2. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
3. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
4. How does Dr. Iannnis realize that an attraction is forming between Pelagia and Corelli?
5. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
6. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
7. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
8. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
9. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
10. How does Captain Corelli show his sense of humor as he marches into the village?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)