|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
(a) To let him cook dinner sometimes.
(b) To teach him how to speak some Greek words.
(c) To let him court Pelagia.
(d) To let him help make repairs around the house.
2. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
(a) Gunter Weber.
(b) Hans Weber.
(c) Friedrick Schwartz.
(d) Gunter Schmid.
3. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
(b) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
(c) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
(d) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
4. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
5. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
(a) She sees him walking and talking with her father.
(b) She sees him singing and playing his mandolin for some children.
(c) She sees his rescue a kitten from a tree.
(d) She sees him playing with a little girl named Lemoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
2. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
3. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
4. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
5. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Corelli been doing all these years and what does he do to make restitution to Pelagia?
2. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
3. What assumption had Corelli made when he had first seen Pelagia holding the young Antonia many years ago?
4. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
5. How will events of the war alter the friendship between Corelli and Weber?
6. What is the significance of the title of Chapter 33, "A Problem with Hands"?
7. Chapter 2 is a stream of consciousness monologue delivered by whom?
8. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
9. What project does Pelagia take on after her father's death?
10. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)