|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
2. Who is Mandras' mother?
3. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
4. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
5. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) commandeer some boats.
(b) stop stealing from other groups.
(c) recruit more men.
(d) sign a loyalty oath.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
2. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
3. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
4. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
5. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
2. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
3. What issues are prevalent for Pelagia and Mandras regarding their future together?
4. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
5. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
6. What does Carlo tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death and what was the reality of the situation?
7. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
8. In what ways does Pelagia care for Mandras when he returns from the fighting?
9. How does the unlikely friendship between Gunter Weber and Captain Corelli begin?
10. How does Carlo describe the fighting conditions in Greece and what does Carlo deliver to Francisco's mother for Francisco?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)