|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) sign a loyalty oath.
(b) commandeer some boats.
(c) recruit more men.
(d) stop stealing from other groups.
2. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He is not receiving her letters.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is no longer interested in her.
3. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is tall and thin.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is completely bald.
(d) He is obese and gluttonous.
4. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His illegitimacy.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His thefts.
(d) His crime of murder.
5. What is Mandras' job?
(b) Wine maker.
(c) Ship builder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Iannis told Mandras that worries Pelagia?
2. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
3. What happens on April 30, 1941?
4. Where does Francisco die?
5. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Italian officers unhappy with their commander, General Grandin?
2. Explain the circumstances of the execution of the Italian soldiers and how Weber ultimately allows Corelli to live.
3. Who is Antonia and what is Dr. Iannis' condition when he is finally allowed to return home?
4. What is the content of the message delivered from Mussolini to the Prime Minister of Greece in Chapter 14?
5. Describe some of the international aid coming to the island after the earthquake?
6. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
7. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
8. How does Captain Corelli punish the two soldiers who steal chickens from Kokolis?
9. What is the episode named in the title of Chapter 37, "An Episode Confirming Pelagia's Belief That Men Do Not Know the Difference Between Bravery and a Lack of Common Sense"?
10. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)