|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
(c) Dr. Iannis.
(d) Mandras' mother.
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A lighthouse.
(c) A church.
(d) The beach.
4. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
5. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(b) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
(c) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
(d) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the fighting conditions in Greece?
2. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
3. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
4. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
5. Why is Pelagia startled when she arrives home one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pelagia not recognize Mandras at first when he returns home?
2. Why is Hector called before the British officer, Lt. Col. Myers?
3. What issues are prevalent for Pelagia and Mandras regarding their future together?
4. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
5. Describe Mandras' experience at war and his struggle to return home to Pelagia.
6. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
7. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
8. What are the circumstances in which Mandras joins the resistance fighters?
9. Who is Stamatis and what unusual request does he make of Dr. Iannis?
10. What does Pelagia think is the reason for Mandras' not sending her any letters, and what is the real reason for his lack of communication?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)