|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) sign a loyalty oath.
(b) commandeer some boats.
(c) stop stealing from other groups.
(d) recruit more men.
2. What is the rank of the person in #34?
3. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his daughter.
(d) She is his patient.
4. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Dei Unit.
(b) Vidi Unit.
(c) Acqui Unit.
(d) Appenine Unit.
5. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Cancer patients.
(b) Blind people.
(c) Inmates of the insane asylum.
(d) Crippled children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Francisco die?
2. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
3. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
4. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
5. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the villagers realize about the war in the Summer of 1940?
2. What decision does Mandras make after his recovery that upsets Pelagia?
3. What is the content of the pamphlet released in Chapter 35?
4. What are the circumstances in which Mandras meets Pelagia and falls in love?
5. Who is Carlo Piero Guercio and what does the author share about his personal life?
6. What are the circumstances in which Dr. Iannis asks Mandras about his intention to marry Pelagia?
7. What does Dr. Iannis exchange for allowing Captain Corelli to stay in his home?
8. What is the setting of the book, and who are the main characters introduced in the first few chapters?
9. Who is Father Arsenios and what event triggers his drunken binge?
10. How are Dr. Iannis and Pelagia conflicted about their feelings for Captain Corelli?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)