|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) His health is very frail.
(b) She is still engaged to Mandras.
(c) She wanted to become a doctor.
(d) She is too young to get married.
2. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
3. What type of business does Drousula open?
(a) Gift shop.
(d) Beauty salon.
4. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(b) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(c) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
(d) Boys playing in the street.
5. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
6. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The lips.
(c) The top of her head.
(d) The cheek.
7. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is betrothed to another man.
(c) She has a history of mental instability.
(d) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
8. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
9. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) The priest.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A drifter.
(d) A dog.
10. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
11. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
(d) Dr. Iannis.
12. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Return to Berlin.
(b) Train recruits on the island.
(c) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(d) Execute the Italian soldiers.
13. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that she loves him.
(b) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
(c) Says she thought he was her father.
(d) Says that he had a certified letter.
14. Pelagia realizes that Carlo and her father are responsible for writing and distributing _____________________.
(a) bomb shelter pamphlets.
(b) tuberculosis inoculation pamphlets.
(c) anti-Mussolini pamphlets.
(d) the community theater pamphlets.
15. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Take them as prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
2. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
3. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
4. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
5. How does Corelli leave the island?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)