|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
2. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
(a) He wants her to run away with him.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He will be back after the war.
(d) He will not see her again.
3. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Mandras has been killed in battle.
(b) The Germans have bombed their home.
(c) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(d) Her father is very ill.
4. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is still engaged to Mandras.
(c) His health is very frail.
(d) She wanted to become a doctor.
5. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
6. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
(b) Become a doctor like her father.
(c) Plant a garden.
(d) Create a park in his name.
7. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
8. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The top of her head.
(c) The lips.
(d) The forehead.
9. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Gunter and Corelli.
(b) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
(c) Pelagia and Corelli.
10. Who is Alekos?
(a) A street sweeper.
(b) A goatherd.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A bartender.
11. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
(a) An underground room at Dr. Iannis' house.
(b) A private hospital.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A cave near the sea.
12. What does Antonia name her son?
13. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His photographs.
(b) His money.
(c) His journal.
(d) His mandolin.
14. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Souvenir shops.
(b) Music stores.
(c) Dress shop.
15. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By boat.
(b) By train.
(c) By car.
(d) By bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
2. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
3. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
4. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
5. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)