|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
(b) The judge.
(c) The strongman.
(d) The butcher.
2. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
3. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Italian resistance members.
(b) Greek resistance members.
(c) Polish resisitance members.
(d) French resistance members.
4. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should jump off the truck.
(b) They should attack the German soldiers.
(c) They should sing.
(d) They should pray.
5. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(b) Return to Berlin.
(c) Train recruits on the island.
(d) Execute the Italian soldiers.
6. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Boys playing in the street.
(b) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(c) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(d) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
7. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(b) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(c) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(d) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
8. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
9. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
10. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
(b) Create a park in his name.
(c) Plant a garden.
(d) Become a doctor like her father.
11. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants her to run away with him.
(c) He will be back after the war.
(d) He will not see her again.
12. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
13. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) His legs are badly burned.
(b) He is temporarily deaf.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He loses a thumb.
14. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
15. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) What they will do after the war is over.
(b) The horrors of war.
(c) If she would convert to his religion.
(d) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
2. Pelagia realizes that Carlo and her father are responsible for writing and distributing _____________________.
3. How does Corelli leave the island?
4. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
5. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)