|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
(a) he shows no leadership in anticipating potential conflict with the Germans.
(b) he has denied all three-day passes for his men.
(c) he lets his men march in old boots.
(d) he has not tried to get better food for his men.
2. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
3. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Photographs and letters.
(b) Manuscripts and letters.
(c) Photographs and a journal.
(d) Manuscripts and a will.
4. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
5. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
6. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is temporarily deaf.
(b) He loses a thumb.
(c) His legs are badly burned.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
7. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(c) Tomato juice.
8. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because she has been rude to his mother.
(b) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
(c) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
(d) Because he thinks she is a spy.
9. How does Mandras die?
(b) Gunshot wound.
(d) Knife wound.
10. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Italian resistance members.
(b) French resistance members.
(c) Greek resistance members.
(d) Polish resisitance members.
11. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(b) He wants to kiss her everyday.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thought she was the doctor.
12. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
13. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Sweater and journal.
(b) Phonograph player and records.
(c) German books.
(d) Cigarette lighter.
14. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He has a great vision.
(b) He gives them three meals a day.
(c) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
(d) He pays them well.
15. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The top of her head.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The lips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
2. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
3. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
4. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
5. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)