|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
(a) He does not have the support team to do it.
(b) It is against war conventions to kill prisoners of war.
(c) It is against his religion.
(d) He is not qualified to be in charge.
2. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
3. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) What they will do after the war is over.
(b) If she would convert to his religion.
(c) The horrors of war.
(d) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
4. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
(b) The butcher.
(c) The judge.
(d) The strongman.
5. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He shakes his hand.
(c) He runs.
(d) He screams.
6. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Kisses him on the cheek.
(c) Give him his mail.
(d) Locks him out of the house.
7. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
8. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(b) He wants to kiss her everyday.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He thought she was the doctor.
9. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) His legs are badly burned.
(c) He is temporarily deaf.
(d) He loses a thumb.
10. Who is Alekos?
(a) A goatherd.
(b) A street sweeper.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A carpenter.
11. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She is still engaged to Mandras.
(c) She wanted to become a doctor.
(d) His health is very frail.
12. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She is betrothed to another man.
(b) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
(c) She has a history of mental instability.
(d) She is too young to get married.
13. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Dress shop.
(b) Music stores.
(d) Souvenir shops.
14. Pelagia realizes that Carlo and her father are responsible for writing and distributing _____________________.
(a) tuberculosis inoculation pamphlets.
(b) anti-Mussolini pamphlets.
(c) bomb shelter pamphlets.
(d) the community theater pamphlets.
15. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
2. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
3. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
4. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
5. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)