|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
(b) She has a history of mental instability.
(c) She is too young to get married.
(d) She is betrothed to another man.
2. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Plant a garden.
(b) Become a doctor like her father.
(c) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
(d) Create a park in his name.
3. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Pelagia and Corelli.
(b) Gunter and Corelli.
(d) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
4. What city do the Germans bomb?
5. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) Weber can be easily replaced.
(b) He will think about Weber's request.
(c) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(d) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
6. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
7. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He screams.
(b) He runs.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He slaps him.
8. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) The priest.
(b) A drifter.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A dog.
9. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
10. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(b) Tomato juice.
11. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
12. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They wait until someone finds them.
(c) They sleep in the forest.
(d) They run.
13. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By boat.
(b) By car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
14. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
15. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does Antonia open?
2. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
3. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
4. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
5. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)