|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A church.
(c) The beach.
(d) Dr. Iannis' house.
2. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) She is still engaged to Mandras.
(b) She is too young to get married.
(c) His health is very frail.
(d) She wanted to become a doctor.
3. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
4. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He slaps him.
(b) He shakes his hand.
(c) He runs.
(d) He screams.
5. What does Corelli do on his last day before leaving the island?
(a) He makes travel arrangements.
(b) He packs his belongings.
(c) He sleeps.
(d) He spends it with Pelagia.
6. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He has them put in jail.
(b) He makes them run laps.
(c) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(d) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
7. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
8. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The top of her head.
(c) The lips.
(d) The cheek.
9. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
10. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
(a) He is not qualified to be in charge.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) He does not have the support team to do it.
(d) It is against war conventions to kill prisoners of war.
11. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
12. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
(a) Corelli and Pelagia kissing at the beach.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A British spy parachute from a plane.
(d) People escapting from an insane asylum.
13. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
14. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
(a) Dr. Iannis.
15. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His money.
(b) His mandolin.
(c) His journal.
(d) His photographs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
2. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
3. What type of business does Antonia open?
4. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
5. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)