|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. General Gandin believed the promise of the Germans that they would ___________________.
(a) provide the Italians with safe passage.
(b) not harm the villagers.
(c) would not storm the beaches.
(d) would bypass the island in their attacks.
2. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
3. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
(b) The British spy.
(c) Dr. Iannis.
4. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
5. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His photographs.
(b) His money.
(c) His journal.
(d) His mandolin.
6. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
(a) Dr. Iannis' house.
(b) The beach.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A church.
7. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
8. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
9. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
10. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
11. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) power of attorney.
(b) their wills.
(c) personal items to hide for them.
(d) access to their bank accounts.
12. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
(a) School children.
(b) The Italians.
(d) The Germans.
13. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because he thinks she is a spy.
(b) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
(c) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
(d) Because she has been rude to his mother.
14. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
(a) Top of a cliff.
(b) Inside their homes.
(c) Top of a building.
(d) On the beach.
15. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
2. What city do the Germans bomb?
3. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
4. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
5. What does Antonia name her son?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)