|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) She wanted to become a doctor.
(b) His health is very frail.
(c) She is too young to get married.
(d) She is still engaged to Mandras.
2. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because she has been rude to his mother.
(b) Because he thinks she is a spy.
(c) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
(d) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
3. What is the profession of the man in #162?
4. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(b) Boys playing in the street.
(c) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(d) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
5. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) He will think about Weber's request.
(b) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(c) Weber can be easily replaced.
(d) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
6. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
7. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them in a mass grave.
(b) They order the villagers to bury them.
(c) They set fire to them.
(d) They bury them at sea.
8. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Italian resistance members.
(b) Greek resistance members.
(c) French resistance members.
(d) Polish resisitance members.
9. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
(c) She has a history of mental instability.
(d) She is betrothed to another man.
10. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
11. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Gunter and Corelli.
(b) Pelagia and Corelli.
(c) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
12. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) The horrors of war.
(b) If she would convert to his religion.
(c) What they will do after the war is over.
(d) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
13. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He makes them run laps.
(b) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(c) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(d) He has them put in jail.
14. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Give him his mail.
(b) Kisses him on the cheek.
(c) Locks him out of the house.
(d) Ignores him.
15. How does Mandras die?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(c) Knife wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
2. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
3. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
5. Who is Alekos?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)