|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
2. What does Corelli do on his last day before leaving the island?
(a) He sleeps.
(b) He makes travel arrangements.
(c) He spends it with Pelagia.
(d) He packs his belongings.
3. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
4. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
5. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
(a) Dr. Iannis.
6. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
7. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Take them as prisoners.
(b) Evacuate them.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Shoot them.
8. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They wait until someone finds them.
(c) They sleep in the forest.
(d) They run.
9. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) If she would convert to his religion.
(b) What they will do after the war is over.
(c) The horrors of war.
(d) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
10. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should attack the German soldiers.
(b) They should pray.
(c) They should sing.
(d) They should jump off the truck.
11. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) a military career.
(b) being a father.
(c) the language.
(d) his music.
12. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
13. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Photographs and a journal.
(b) Photographs and letters.
(c) Manuscripts and a will.
(d) Manuscripts and letters.
14. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is temporarily deaf.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He loses a thumb.
(d) His legs are badly burned.
15. Who does Antonia want to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
2. What is the profession of the man in #162?
3. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
4. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
5. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)