|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
2. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He loses a thumb.
(c) He is temporarily deaf.
(d) His legs are badly burned.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
(a) Master race theories.
4. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Take them as prisoners.
(d) Evacuate them.
5. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) power of attorney.
(b) access to their bank accounts.
(c) their wills.
(d) personal items to hide for them.
6. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Souvenir shops.
(b) Dress shop.
(c) Music stores.
7. What type of business does Drousula open?
(b) Beauty salon.
(d) Gift shop.
8. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The top of her head.
(b) The lips.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The cheek.
9. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By boat.
(b) By bus.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
10. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(b) He makes them run laps.
(c) He has them put in jail.
(d) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
11. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
12. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
13. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) being a father.
(b) his music.
(c) a military career.
(d) the language.
14. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
(a) An insane asylum.
(b) A private hospital.
(c) An underground room at Dr. Iannis' house.
(d) A cave near the sea.
15. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They set fire to them.
(b) They bury them at sea.
(c) They bury them in a mass grave.
(d) They order the villagers to bury them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
2. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
3. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
4. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
5. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)