|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
(a) Inside their homes.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Top of a cliff.
(d) Top of a building.
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
(c) Master race theories.
3. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Pelagia and Corelli.
(c) Gunter and Corelli.
(d) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
4. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
(b) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(c) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(d) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
5. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
(a) Bugsy Warren.
(b) Bunny Warren.
(c) Buddy Warren.
(d) Bobby Warren.
6. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
7. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
8. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Phonograph player and records.
(b) German books.
(c) Cigarette lighter.
(d) Sweater and journal.
9. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
10. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He runs.
(b) He screams.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He slaps him.
11. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(b) He thought she was the doctor.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He wants to kiss her everyday.
12. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
13. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
(b) Create a park in his name.
(c) Plant a garden.
(d) Become a doctor like her father.
14. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
(a) People escapting from an insane asylum.
(b) Corelli and Pelagia kissing at the beach.
(c) A British spy parachute from a plane.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
15. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(b) Mandras has been killed in battle.
(c) Her father is very ill.
(d) The Germans have bombed their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
2. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
3. Who is Alekos?
4. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
5. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)