|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) The priest.
(b) A drifter.
(c) A dog.
(d) A soldier.
2. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
(a) Gunter and Corelli.
(b) Dr. Iannis and Pelagia.
(d) Pelagia and Corelli.
3. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He is temporarily deaf.
(c) His legs are badly burned.
(d) He loses a thumb.
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
(d) Master race theories.
5. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
(a) He will be back after the war.
(b) He will not see her again.
(c) He wants her to run away with him.
(d) He wants to marry her.
6. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
7. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
8. What is the profession of the man in #162?
9. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(d) Tomato juice.
10. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
(a) An assistant priest.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His brother.
(d) His dog.
11. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He gives them three meals a day.
(b) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
(c) He has a great vision.
(d) He pays them well.
12. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
13. What does Antonia name her son?
14. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Phonograph player and records.
(b) German books.
(c) Sweater and journal.
(d) Cigarette lighter.
15. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) being a father.
(b) a military career.
(c) his music.
(d) the language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
2. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
3. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
4. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
5. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)