|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
2. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
3. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will get the surgery he needs.
(b) He will send her money.
(c) He will become a doctor.
(d) He will return for her after the war.
4. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Take them as prisoners.
(c) Torture them.
(d) Evacuate them.
5. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(b) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(c) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(d) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
6. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
(a) The Italians.
(b) School children.
(d) The Germans.
7. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
(a) His dog.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His brother.
(d) An assistant priest.
8. What does Antonia name her son?
9. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
10. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The top of her head.
(b) The lips.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The cheek.
11. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
(b) Dr. Iannis.
12. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
(a) A private hospital.
(b) A cave near the sea.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) An underground room at Dr. Iannis' house.
13. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should attack the German soldiers.
(b) They should sing.
(c) They should pray.
(d) They should jump off the truck.
14. How does Mandras die?
(a) Knife wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
15. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says she thought he was her father.
(b) Says that he had a certified letter.
(c) Says that she loves him.
(d) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
2. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
3. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
4. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
5. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)