|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
(a) The beach.
(b) A church.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Dr. Iannis' house.
2. What washes ashore near the village in Chapter 43?
(a) A dead body.
(b) An abandoned ship.
(c) An unexploded mine from World War I.
(d) A message in a bottle.
3. What type of business does Antonia open?
(a) Dress shop.
(b) Music stores.
(c) Souvenir shops.
4. What does Antonia name her son?
5. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
(a) He has wanted to do that for a long time.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He wants to kiss her everyday.
(d) He thought she was the doctor.
6. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
7. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
(a) Dances Greek dances.
(b) Learns to speak Greek.
(c) Drinks a lot of ouzo.
(d) Grows a beard.
8. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will return for her after the war.
(b) He will send her money.
(c) He will become a doctor.
(d) He will get the surgery he needs.
9. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) The Germans have bombed their home.
(b) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(c) Her father is very ill.
(d) Mandras has been killed in battle.
10. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Take them as prisoners.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Torture them.
11. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
12. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By boat.
(d) By car.
13. What is the profession of the man in #162?
14. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
(c) Dr. Iannis.
15. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
2. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
3. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
4. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
5. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)