|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
2. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Inside their homes.
(c) Top of a building.
(d) Top of a cliff.
3. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
4. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They run.
(b) They wait until someone finds them.
(c) They sleep in the forest.
(d) They kiss.
5. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He makes them run laps.
(b) He has them put in jail.
(c) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(d) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
6. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He runs.
(d) He screams.
7. What does Dr. Iannis give to the British spy?
8. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
9. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
10. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
11. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
(a) A lunar eclipse.
(b) People escapting from an insane asylum.
(c) A British spy parachute from a plane.
(d) Corelli and Pelagia kissing at the beach.
12. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) A dog.
(b) A drifter.
(c) A soldier.
(d) The priest.
13. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) His legs are badly burned.
(b) He loses a thumb.
(c) He is temporarily deaf.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
14. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) French resistance members.
(b) Greek resistance members.
(c) Italian resistance members.
(d) Polish resisitance members.
15. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Manuscripts and a will.
(b) Manuscripts and letters.
(c) Photographs and a journal.
(d) Photographs and letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What washes ashore near the village in Chapter 43?
2. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
3. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
4. What does Antonia name her son?
5. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)