|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) burn the town.
(b) prepare to attack the Italians.
(c) evacuate from the island.
(d) dig trenches around the island.
2. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
(a) Master race theories.
3. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
4. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She has a history of mental instability.
(b) She is too young to get married.
(c) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
(d) She is betrothed to another man.
5. What do Pelagia and Corelli spend a lot of time talking about?
(a) The volatile health of Dr. Iannis.
(b) What they will do after the war is over.
(c) The horrors of war.
(d) If she would convert to his religion.
6. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
7. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Greek resistance members.
(b) Italian resistance members.
(c) Polish resisitance members.
(d) French resistance members.
8. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should sing.
(b) They should jump off the truck.
(c) They should pray.
(d) They should attack the German soldiers.
9. Who is Alekos?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A street sweeper.
(c) A goatherd.
(d) A carpenter.
10. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Mandras has been killed in battle.
(b) Her father is very ill.
(c) The Germans have bombed their home.
(d) Corelli has not been there for several days.
11. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) Cigarette lighter.
(b) Phonograph player and records.
(c) German books.
(d) Sweater and journal.
12. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
13. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
14. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
(b) Says she thought he was her father.
(c) Says that he had a certified letter.
(d) Says that she loves him.
15. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The lips.
(b) The cheek.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The top of her head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
2. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
3. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
4. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
5. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)