|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mandras die?
(a) Knife wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
2. What does Corelli do on his last day before leaving the island?
(a) He makes travel arrangements.
(b) He packs his belongings.
(c) He spends it with Pelagia.
(d) He sleeps.
3. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(b) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Boys playing in the street.
(d) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
4. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They order the villagers to bury them.
(b) They bury them at sea.
(c) They bury them in a mass grave.
(d) They set fire to them.
5. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
(a) The strongman.
(b) The butcher.
(c) The judge.
6. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is temporarily deaf.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) His legs are badly burned.
(d) He loses a thumb.
7. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They wait until someone finds them.
(b) They run.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They sleep in the forest.
8. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
(b) Because she has been rude to his mother.
(c) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
(d) Because he thinks she is a spy.
9. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
10. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
11. Who is Alekos?
(a) A goatherd.
(b) A street sweeper.
(c) A bartender.
(d) A carpenter.
12. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
(a) It is against his religion.
(b) He is not qualified to be in charge.
(c) He does not have the support team to do it.
(d) It is against war conventions to kill prisoners of war.
13. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that she loves him.
(b) Says that he had a certified letter.
(c) Says she thought he was her father.
(d) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
14. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will return for her after the war.
(b) He will become a doctor.
(c) He will get the surgery he needs.
(d) He will send her money.
15. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) personal items to hide for them.
(b) their wills.
(c) power of attorney.
(d) access to their bank accounts.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
2. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
3. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
4. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
5. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)