|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
2. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(d) Tomato juice.
3. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
(a) It is against war conventions to kill prisoners of war.
(b) It is against his religion.
(c) He does not have the support team to do it.
(d) He is not qualified to be in charge.
4. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
5. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Evacuate them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Take them as prisoners.
(d) Torture them.
6. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They kiss.
(b) They sleep in the forest.
(c) They wait until someone finds them.
(d) They run.
7. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(b) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
(c) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(d) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
8. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
(b) Boys playing in the street.
(c) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(d) Carlo's bones in his grave.
9. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He makes them run laps.
(b) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(c) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(d) He has them put in jail.
10. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
11. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) burn the town.
(b) evacuate from the island.
(c) prepare to attack the Italians.
(d) dig trenches around the island.
12. General Gandin believed the promise of the Germans that they would ___________________.
(a) provide the Italians with safe passage.
(b) not harm the villagers.
(c) would bypass the island in their attacks.
(d) would not storm the beaches.
13. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
14. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Execute the Italian soldiers.
(b) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(c) Train recruits on the island.
(d) Return to Berlin.
15. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
2. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
3. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
4. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
5. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)