Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
(b) School children.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Italians.
2. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By bus.
(b) By boat.
(c) By car.
(d) By train.
3. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) a military career.
(b) being a father.
(c) his music.
(d) the language.
4. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Kisses him on the cheek.
(b) Give him his mail.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Locks him out of the house.
5. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The lips.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The top of her head.
6. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because he thinks she is a spy.
(b) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
(c) Because she has been rude to his mother.
(d) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
7. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His mandolin.
(b) His money.
(c) His photographs.
(d) His journal.
8. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
9. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) burn the town.
(b) prepare to attack the Italians.
(c) evacuate from the island.
(d) dig trenches around the island.
10. What is the profession of the man in #162?
11. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
12. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
(a) Bugsy Warren.
(b) Bunny Warren.
(c) Bobby Warren.
(d) Buddy Warren.
13. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
(a) Dr. Iannis.
(b) The British spy.
14. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
15. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He runs.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a topic that Corelli and Gunter Weber discuss before the singing group sessions?
2. Who does Antonia want to marry?
3. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
4. What city do the Germans bomb?
5. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)