|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
2. General Gandin believed the promise of the Germans that they would ___________________.
(a) not harm the villagers.
(b) provide the Italians with safe passage.
(c) would bypass the island in their attacks.
(d) would not storm the beaches.
3. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
4. What city do the Germans bomb?
5. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By train.
(b) By car.
(c) By bus.
(d) By boat.
6. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is temporarily deaf.
(b) He loses a thumb.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) His legs are badly burned.
7. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
8. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
(a) It is against his religion.
(b) He is not qualified to be in charge.
(c) He does not have the support team to do it.
(d) It is against war conventions to kill prisoners of war.
9. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
10. What does Corelli suggest to his men as they realize they are being driven to a firing range to be executed?
(a) They should attack the German soldiers.
(b) They should sing.
(c) They should jump off the truck.
(d) They should pray.
11. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) the language.
(b) a military career.
(c) his music.
(d) being a father.
12. How old is Antonia when she declares that she wants to get married?
13. What type of thoughts does Corelli have about Pelagia?
14. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) power of attorney.
(b) access to their bank accounts.
(c) their wills.
(d) personal items to hide for them.
15. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Mandras has been killed in battle.
(b) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(c) Her father is very ill.
(d) The Germans have bombed their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alekos?
2. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
3. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
4. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
5. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)