|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The British officer decodes the German message to ____________________.
(a) evacuate from the island.
(b) prepare to attack the Italians.
(c) dig trenches around the island.
(d) burn the town.
2. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He screams.
(c) He slaps him.
(d) He runs.
3. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
4. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
(a) Become a doctor like her father.
(b) Finish Dr. Iannis' project of the island's history.
(c) Plant a garden.
(d) Create a park in his name.
5. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them in a mass grave.
(b) They order the villagers to bury them.
(c) They bury them at sea.
(d) They set fire to them.
6. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Give him his mail.
(c) Locks him out of the house.
(d) Kisses him on the cheek.
7. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
8. What city do the Germans bomb?
9. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(b) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
(c) Boys playing in the street.
(d) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
10. What type of business does Drousula open?
(b) Beauty salon.
(c) Gift shop.
11. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
(a) His dog.
(b) An assistant priest.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His brother.
12. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
(a) General Riccio.
(b) General Grandin.
(c) General Sabato.
(d) General Abruzzo.
13. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
14. Where does Corelli's singing group meet?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The beach.
(c) A church.
(d) Dr. Iannis' house.
15. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
2. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
3. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
4. What type of business does Antonia open?
5. What is Dr. Iannis' demeanor while separately talking to Corelli and Pelagia about their getting married?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)