|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) A dog.
(b) A soldier.
(c) The priest.
(d) A drifter.
2. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Photographs and letters.
(b) Manuscripts and a will.
(c) Manuscripts and letters.
(d) Photographs and a journal.
3. Where does Corelli instruct the villagers to stand to watch the removal of the item in #101?
(a) On the beach.
(b) Inside their homes.
(c) Top of a cliff.
(d) Top of a building.
4. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them in a mass grave.
(b) They bury them at sea.
(c) They order the villagers to bury them.
(d) They set fire to them.
5. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) The Germans have bombed their home.
(b) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(c) Her father is very ill.
(d) Mandras has been killed in battle.
6. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(b) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(c) He has them put in jail.
(d) He makes them run laps.
7. How does Mandras die?
(b) Knife wound.
(d) Gunshot wound.
8. Corelli plays on a _______________ team which won its match yesterday.
9. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(d) Tomato juice.
10. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(b) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(c) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
(d) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
11. How does Corelli leave the island?
(a) By car.
(b) By train.
(c) By boat.
(d) By bus.
12. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
(a) a military career.
(b) the language.
(c) being a father.
(d) his music.
13. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
14. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
15. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The cheek.
(b) The lips.
(c) The top of her head.
(d) The forehead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
2. What does Gunter Weber leave for Pelagia before leaving the island?
3. Instead of liberating Greece, the Allies attack ________________.
4. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
5. Where is Corelli kept during his recovery?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)