|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them at sea.
(b) They bury them in a mass grave.
(c) They set fire to them.
(d) They order the villagers to bury them.
2. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
(a) The Germans.
(b) School children.
(d) The Italians.
3. Who moves in with Pelagia after Dr. Iannis is taken away for being a Communist?
4. Why does Mandras angrily confront Pelagia?
(a) Because she has been rude to his mother.
(b) Because he thinks she is a spy.
(c) Because he heard she was in love with an Italian soldier.
(d) Because he saw her flirting with men at the cafe.
5. What does Corelli give to Dr. Iannis to keep for him during the war?
(a) His money.
(b) His mandolin.
(c) His journal.
(d) His photographs.
6. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
7. What does Dr. Iannis tell Corelli about marrying Pelagia?
(a) She has a history of mental instability.
(b) She is betrothed to another man.
(c) She is too young to get married.
(d) She would have to remain in Cephallonia.
8. Who is Alekos?
(a) A goatherd.
(b) A bartender.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A street sweeper.
9. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He has them put in jail.
(b) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(c) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(d) He makes them run laps.
10. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
11. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(a) Tomato juice.
12. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
13. On what spot does Corelli kiss Pelagia?
(a) The forehead.
(b) The cheek.
(c) The top of her head.
(d) The lips.
14. What is Weber's commander's response when Weber does not want to carry out the order?
(a) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be court-martialed.
(b) He will think about Weber's request.
(c) If Weber doesn't do it, he will be shot.
(d) Weber can be easily replaced.
15. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
(a) Take them as prisoners.
(b) Torture them.
(c) Shoot them.
(d) Evacuate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
2. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
3. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
4. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
5. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)