Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of instrument does Iannis want to play when he grows up?
2. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
(a) He will not see her again.
(b) He wants to marry her.
(c) He wants her to run away with him.
(d) He will be back after the war.
3. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
4. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that she loves him.
(b) Says that he had a certified letter.
(c) Says she thought he was her father.
(d) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
5. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
(a) Corelli and Pelagia kissing at the beach.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A British spy parachute from a plane.
(d) People escapting from an insane asylum.
6. Who is Alekos?
(a) A bartender.
(b) A street sweeper.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A goatherd.
7. Who emerges as the local leader of the village after the earthquake?
(a) Dr. Iannis.
8. What does Corelli do when Weber tells him he tried to stop the execution?
(a) He shakes his hand.
(b) He runs.
(c) He screams.
(d) He slaps him.
9. What items does Carlo give to Dr. Iannis for safekeeping?
(a) Manuscripts and letters.
(b) Photographs and letters.
(c) Photographs and a journal.
(d) Manuscripts and a will.
10. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them at sea.
(b) They set fire to them.
(c) They bury them in a mass grave.
(d) They order the villagers to bury them.
11. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
(a) Execute the Italian soldiers.
(b) Take the villagers as prisoners.
(c) Train recruits on the island.
(d) Return to Berlin.
12. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
(a) Dances Greek dances.
(b) Learns to speak Greek.
(c) Grows a beard.
(d) Drinks a lot of ouzo.
13. Who accompanies the priest on his traveling mission?
(a) An assistant priest.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His brother.
(d) His dog.
14. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
(a) he has denied all three-day passes for his men.
(b) he lets his men march in old boots.
(c) he shows no leadership in anticipating potential conflict with the Germans.
(d) he has not tried to get better food for his men.
15. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He has a great vision.
(b) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
(c) He gives them three meals a day.
(d) He pays them well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
2. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
3. How does Corelli leave the island?
4. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
5. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)