|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Boys playing in the street.
(b) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(d) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
2. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
(c) Dr. Iannis.
(d) The British spy.
3. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
(b) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(c) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
(d) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
4. Which of the Italian soldiers is still alive after the shooting?
5. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
6. What happens to Corelli after the dynamite blast?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) His legs are badly burned.
(c) He is temporarily deaf.
(d) He loses a thumb.
7. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
8. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He gives them three meals a day.
(b) He pays them well.
(c) He has a great vision.
(d) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
9. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
(a) Grows a beard.
(b) Drinks a lot of ouzo.
(c) Learns to speak Greek.
(d) Dances Greek dances.
10. In what year are the Germans ordered to withdraw from the island?
11. Who terrorizes the islanders after the Germans depart?
(a) Polish resisitance members.
(b) Italian resistance members.
(c) French resistance members.
(d) Greek resistance members.
12. What type of business does Drousula open?
(a) Gift shop.
(d) Beauty salon.
13. What does Corelli tell Pelagia as he embraces her?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He will be back after the war.
(c) He will not see her again.
(d) He wants her to run away with him.
14. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
15. What washes ashore near the village in Chapter 43?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A message in a bottle.
(c) An unexploded mine from World War I.
(d) An abandoned ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
2. Gunter leaves a photograph of ___________________ for Pelagia.
3. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
4. What has the German soldier, Gunter Weber, been ordered to do?
5. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)