|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do two Italian soldiers steal from Kokolis?
2. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
(b) The butcher.
(c) The strongman.
(d) The judge.
3. What kind of meat are Hector and his men roasting over a fire in Chapter 36?
4. What type of business does Drousula open?
(c) Gift shop.
(d) Beauty salon.
5. What is the name of the British spy who arrives in the village?
(a) Bobby Warren.
(b) Bunny Warren.
(c) Buddy Warren.
(d) Bugsy Warren.
6. What does Dr. Iannis remind Pelagia of when speaking about her attraction to Corelli?
(a) She is too young to get married.
(b) She wanted to become a doctor.
(c) His health is very frail.
(d) She is still engaged to Mandras.
7. What does Corelli plan to use to get ride of the item in #101?
8. As the military situation worsens, Carlo and Corelli give Dr. Iannis ___________________________.
(a) their wills.
(b) power of attorney.
(c) personal items to hide for them.
(d) access to their bank accounts.
9. What surprising event does Alekos witness one day?
(a) Corelli and Pelagia kissing at the beach.
(b) A lunar eclipse.
(c) A British spy parachute from a plane.
(d) People escapting from an insane asylum.
10. Who is decapitated by a piece of flying metal in Chapter 43?
(a) A drifter.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A dog.
(d) The priest.
11. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
12. What does Pelagia name the baby girl left at the doorstep?
13. What does a fireman see near Dr. Iannis' house during an earthquake aftershock?
(a) Boys playing in the street.
(b) Road signs swallowed up by the earth.
(c) Carlo's bones in his grave.
(d) Pelagia cleaning up rubble.
14. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Her father is very ill.
(b) The Germans have bombed their home.
(c) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(d) Mandras has been killed in battle.
15. What happens when Corelli and Pelagia get separated from the others in the forest?
(a) They run.
(b) They sleep in the forest.
(c) They wait until someone finds them.
(d) They kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Iannis tells Corelli that if he marries Pelagia and remains in Greece he will never be successful at _______________.
2. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
3. What does Drousula urge Pelagia to do to work through her depression over her father's death?
4. Who does Pelagia ask to help Corelli escape from the island?
5. What does Corelli say about kissing Pelagia?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)