|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who especially welcomes the priest's dramatic preaching?
(a) School children.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Germans.
2. Who has died in the earthquake on Cephallonia?
(d) Dr. Iannis.
3. Why is Pelagia so distraught while at home?
(a) Her father is very ill.
(b) The Germans have bombed their home.
(c) Corelli has not been there for several days.
(d) Mandras has been killed in battle.
4. What promise does Corelli make to Pelagia before leaving the island?
(a) He will send her money.
(b) He will become a doctor.
(c) He will return for her after the war.
(d) He will get the surgery he needs.
5. Who is the young girl who knows where to get the items in #97?
6. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
7. Corelli and the other Italian officers are frustrated with the General because _________________________.
(a) he has not tried to get better food for his men.
(b) he lets his men march in old boots.
(c) he has denied all three-day passes for his men.
(d) he shows no leadership in anticipating potential conflict with the Germans.
8. Pelagia shoots Mandras in his _________________.
9. How does Corelli punish the two soldiers?
(a) He gives them kitchen duty for a month.
(b) He forces them to lick Kokolis' boots.
(c) He has them put in jail.
(d) He makes them run laps.
10. What does Dr. Iannis suggest that the villagers eat when there is a food shortage?
11. What does Pelagia do to Corelli when they pass in the doorway one day?
(a) Kisses him on the cheek.
(b) Give him his mail.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Locks him out of the house.
12. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
(a) Tomato juice.
13. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
(a) Says that he had a certified letter.
(b) Says that she loves him.
(c) Says she thought he was her father.
(d) Says that she is tired of him being in their house.
14. Who has put a rose on Carlo's grave for many years?
15. Why would Pelagia have to leave Greece if she were to marry Corelli?
(a) Greeks would not accept her Italian husband.
(b) Officers wives must live close to the army base.
(c) Greek law requires that a married woman live in her husband's homeland.
(d) She would have to live with Corelli's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city has General Gandin congregated most of his forces?
2. How does Corelli leave the island?
3. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
4. Who is the General in command of the Italian troops in Greece?
5. What do the Germans do to the villagers trying to escape?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)