|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mandras' job?
(a) Ship builder.
(c) Wine maker.
2. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
(a) She sees him playing with a little girl named Lemoni.
(b) She sees him walking and talking with her father.
(c) She sees him singing and playing his mandolin for some children.
(d) She sees his rescue a kitten from a tree.
3. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
4. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He was married before.
(b) He is an epileptic.
(c) He has a terminal illness.
(d) He cannot read.
5. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) A French restaurant.
(b) Carlo's testimony.
(c) Pelagia's journal.
(d) Dr. Iannis' book.
6. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He is not sure she will have him.
(b) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(c) He is not in love with her yet.
(d) He has already asked her.
7. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Threw him into a pond.
(b) Threw his hat into the air.
(c) Lifted him up onto a wall.
(d) Rolled him down a hill.
8. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
(a) He gives her money to go shopping.
(b) He makes her angry at him.
(c) He sends her on a little vacation.
(d) He lets her redecorate the house.
9. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
10. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
11. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is completely bald.
(c) He is obese and gluttonous.
(d) He is tall and thin.
12. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
(a) He has broken a leg.
(b) He injured his back.
(c) He has shards of pottery stuck in his backside.
(d) He broke an arm.
13. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
(b) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
(c) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
(d) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
14. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Blind people.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Inmates of the insane asylum.
(d) Crippled children.
15. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Angeles.
(c) Major Andreas.
(d) Captain Corelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
2. What is the rank of the person in #34?
3. Who is the Duce?
4. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
5. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)