|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) write letters.
(b) compose music.
(c) shop vegetables.
(d) talk to her father.
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
4. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
5. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Acqui Unit.
(b) Vidi Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Appenine Unit.
6. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
7. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
8. Where does Francisco die?
(a) In a military hospital.
(b) In a muddy trench.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a meadow.
9. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
(a) To clean quietly.
(b) Not to sing.
(c) To study.
(d) Not stare at him.
10. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
11. Who asks Carlo to deliver a letter to his mother in the event of his death?
12. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his patient.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his daughter.
13. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
(a) He has been injured in battle.
(b) He is a prisoner of war.
(c) He does not respond to her letters.
(d) He has been very ill.
14. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
15. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
(a) He lets her redecorate the house.
(b) He gives her money to go shopping.
(c) He makes her angry at him.
(d) He sends her on a little vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
2. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
3. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
4. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
5. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)