|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
(a) Sing Greek songs.
(b) Say an obscenity in Greek.
(c) Stitch a wound.
(d) Bait a hook.
2. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
(a) To clean quietly.
(b) Not stare at him.
(c) To study.
(d) Not to sing.
3. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
(c) Mandras' mother.
(d) Dr. Iannis.
4. What is the rank of the person in #34?
5. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
(a) Hans Weber.
(b) Gunter Schmid.
(c) Friedrick Schwartz.
(d) Gunter Weber.
6. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
7. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) All the young men are gone.
(b) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(c) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(d) There have been budget cuts.
8. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
9. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) talk to her father.
(b) compose music.
(c) shop vegetables.
(d) write letters.
10. Which of the following do the villagers NOT bring to the priest as an apology for the strongman's actions?
11. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
12. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A pine marten.
13. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
(a) as they use the latrines.
(b) as they march.
(c) as they do calisthenics.
(d) as they eat breakfast.
14. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is not receiving her letters.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is no longer interested in her.
(d) He cannot read.
15. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
(a) She sees him singing and playing his mandolin for some children.
(b) She sees his rescue a kitten from a tree.
(c) She sees him playing with a little girl named Lemoni.
(d) She sees him walking and talking with her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
2. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
3. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
4. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
5. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)