|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
2. What does Corelli do early in the mornings?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Plays his mandolin.
(d) Fixes a big breakfast.
3. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
(a) He is a prisoner of war.
(b) He has been injured in battle.
(c) He does not respond to her letters.
(d) He has been very ill.
4. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
5. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
(a) At the church door.
(b) In the town square.
(c) Behind a screen.
(d) At his office door.
6. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is no longer interested in her.
(b) He is not receiving her letters.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He cannot read.
7. What has Dr. Iannis told Mandras that worries Pelagia?
(a) That she is healthier than she really is.
(b) That she is younger than she really is.
(c) That she has less education than he said.
(d) That she will have no dowry.
8. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Crippled children.
(b) Inmates of the insane asylum.
(c) Blind people.
(d) Cancer patients.
9. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
(d) olive oil.
10. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Major Andreas.
(b) Captain Angeles.
(c) Captain Corelli.
11. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
12. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
13. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
(a) To let him court Pelagia.
(b) To let him cook dinner sometimes.
(c) To let him help make repairs around the house.
(d) To teach him how to speak some Greek words.
14. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
(a) Distribute war flyers.
(b) Ready boats for a fishing expedition.
(c) Find another priest to say mass in the village.
(d) Take back a watchtower from bandits.
15. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Francisco die?
2. Who is the daughter of the Prime Minister of Greece?
3. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
4. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
5. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)