|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
2. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) Pelagia's letters.
(c) A flag.
(d) A flask.
3. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(b) Captain Angeles.
(c) Captain Corelli.
(d) Major Andreas.
4. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
(a) When her father gives permission.
(b) When he comes back from the war.
(c) When he saves more money.
(d) When she is a little older.
5. What nationality is Carlo Piero Guercio?
6. Who is the Duce?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) Joseph Stalin.
7. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) shop vegetables.
(b) write letters.
(c) talk to her father.
(d) compose music.
8. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
(a) olive oil.
9. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
10. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
11. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
12. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Myers.
(b) Lt-Col Marsden.
(c) Lt-Col Middleton.
(d) Lt-Col Mason.
13. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is not receiving her letters.
(b) He is no longer interested in her.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is dead.
14. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Threw him into a pond.
(b) Rolled him down a hill.
(c) Lifted him up onto a wall.
(d) Threw his hat into the air.
15. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
(a) medical supplies.
(b) olive oil.
(c) radio broadcasts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
2. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
3. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
4. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
5. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)