|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Middleton.
(b) Lt-Col Myers.
(c) Lt-Col Marsden.
(d) Lt-Col Mason.
2. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) A cafe.
(b) The beach.
(c) A church.
(d) A lighthouse.
3. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
4. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(b) Fighting to Believe.
(c) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
(d) Il Duce Rules.
5. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
6. What has Dr. Iannis told Mandras that worries Pelagia?
(a) That she is younger than she really is.
(b) That she has less education than he said.
(c) That she will have no dowry.
(d) That she is healthier than she really is.
7. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
8. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(b) There have been budget cuts.
(c) All the young men are gone.
(d) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
9. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
10. What nationality is Carlo Piero Guercio?
11. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Blind people.
(b) Cancer patients.
(c) Crippled children.
(d) Inmates of the insane asylum.
12. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
(a) To let him court Pelagia.
(b) To teach him how to speak some Greek words.
(c) To let him cook dinner sometimes.
(d) To let him help make repairs around the house.
13. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) write letters.
(b) compose music.
(c) shop vegetables.
(d) talk to her father.
14. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(b) Sits down beside him.
(c) Sings in his ear.
(d) Puts her hands over his eyes.
15. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
(a) The British.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
2. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
3. Where does Francisco die?
4. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
5. What happens on April 30, 1941?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)