|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He was married before.
(b) He has a terminal illness.
(c) He is an epileptic.
(d) He cannot read.
2. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
(a) He kills an old man.
(b) He wrote a speech.
(c) He caught his quota of fish.
(d) He plays a song he wrote.
3. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is no longer interested in her.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is not receiving her letters.
4. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(b) World War II ends.
(c) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
(d) Dr. Iannis dies.
5. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his sister.
(d) She is his patient.
6. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
7. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Appenine Unit.
(b) Acqui Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Vidi Unit.
8. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
9. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hands over his eyes.
(b) Sings in his ear.
(c) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(d) Sits down beside him.
10. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
11. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His illegitimacy.
(c) His thefts.
(d) His crime of murder.
12. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
(a) St. Sebastian.
(b) St. Theodoros.
(c) St. Anne.
(d) St. Gerasimos.
13. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He is not in love with her yet.
(b) He is not sure she will have him.
(c) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(d) He has already asked her.
14. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
15. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) A flag.
(c) Pelagia's letters.
(d) A flask.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
2. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
3. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
4. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
5. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)