|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
(a) Ready boats for a fishing expedition.
(b) Take back a watchtower from bandits.
(c) Distribute war flyers.
(d) Find another priest to say mass in the village.
2. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
3. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(b) Sings in his ear.
(c) Puts her hands over his eyes.
(d) Sits down beside him.
4. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
(b) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(c) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
(d) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
5. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Vidi Unit.
(b) Acqui Unit.
(c) Appenine Unit.
(d) Dei Unit.
6. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
(a) The beach.
(b) A church.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A lighthouse.
7. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) A flask.
(c) Pelagia's letters.
(d) A flag.
8. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
9. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He is not in love with her yet.
(b) He is not sure she will have him.
(c) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(d) He has already asked her.
10. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
11. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is completely bald.
(b) He is obese and gluttonous.
(c) He is tall and thin.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
12. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
(a) as they eat breakfast.
(b) as they march.
(c) as they do calisthenics.
(d) as they use the latrines.
13. Who is the patron saint of the island of Cephallonia?
(a) St. Anne.
(b) St. Theodoros.
(c) St. Sebastian.
(d) St. Gerasimos.
14. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
15. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
2. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
3. Who is Mandras' mother?
4. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
5. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)