|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
(a) To teach him how to speak some Greek words.
(b) To let him court Pelagia.
(c) To let him help make repairs around the house.
(d) To let him cook dinner sometimes.
2. Which of the following does Carlo NOT tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death?
(a) Francisco whispered his mother's name as he died.
(b) Francisco stepped on a land mine.
(c) Francisco was shot through the heart.
(d) Francisco died on a bright day.
3. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
(a) He has been very ill.
(b) He is a prisoner of war.
(c) He has been injured in battle.
(d) He does not respond to her letters.
4. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Corelli.
(c) Captain Angeles.
(d) Major Andreas.
5. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
(a) go away and fight with the resistance.
(b) stay at his cabin in the mountains.
(c) set their wedding date.
(d) join the priesthood.
6. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hands over his eyes.
(b) Sings in his ear.
(c) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(d) Sits down beside him.
7. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
8. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) A flag.
(c) A flask.
(d) Pelagia's letters.
9. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is completely bald.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He is obese and gluttonous.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
10. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The British.
11. The preserved body of the saint in #29 is passed over whom twice a year in hopes of healing them?
(a) Inmates of the insane asylum.
(b) Crippled children.
(c) Blind people.
(d) Cancer patients.
12. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
(a) Ready boats for a fishing expedition.
(b) Distribute war flyers.
(c) Find another priest to say mass in the village.
(d) Take back a watchtower from bandits.
13. Who is the Duce?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Benito Mussolini.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
14. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
15. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
(a) When he comes back from the war.
(b) When she is a little older.
(c) When her father gives permission.
(d) When he saves more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
2. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
3. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
4. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
5. Who is Mandras' mother?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)