|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
(a) She is embarrassed by her actions.
(b) A patient has come to see her father.
(c) Her father calls her to come outside.
(d) The pine marten scratches at the door.
2. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
3. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
4. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hands over his eyes.
(b) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(c) Sings in his ear.
(d) Sits down beside him.
5. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
(a) He caught his quota of fish.
(b) He wrote a speech.
(c) He kills an old man.
(d) He plays a song he wrote.
6. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
7. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
8. What has Dr. Iannis told Mandras that worries Pelagia?
(a) That she is healthier than she really is.
(b) That she is younger than she really is.
(c) That she has less education than he said.
(d) That she will have no dowry.
9. What is the rank of the person in #34?
10. Which of the following do the villagers NOT bring to the priest as an apology for the strongman's actions?
11. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His crime of murder.
(b) His thefts.
(c) His illegitimacy.
(d) His homosexuality.
12. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
(a) He has no paper or pen.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is in a hospital.
13. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) All the young men are gone.
(b) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(c) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(d) There have been budget cuts.
14. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(b) Dr. Iannis dies.
(c) World War II ends.
(d) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
15. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
2. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
3. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the fighting conditions in Greece?
5. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)