|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
(c) Mandras' mother.
(d) Dr. Iannis.
2. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
(a) The Russians.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Americans.
3. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Threw his hat into the air.
(b) Rolled him down a hill.
(c) Lifted him up onto a wall.
(d) Threw him into a pond.
4. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) sign a loyalty oath.
(b) commandeer some boats.
(c) stop stealing from other groups.
(d) recruit more men.
5. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
(a) Distribute war flyers.
(b) Ready boats for a fishing expedition.
(c) Take back a watchtower from bandits.
(d) Find another priest to say mass in the village.
6. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is no longer interested in her.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is not receiving her letters.
7. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
8. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
(b) A physical attraction.
9. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Corelli.
(b) Major Andreas.
(d) Captain Angeles.
10. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) There have been budget cuts.
(b) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(c) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(d) All the young men are gone.
11. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
12. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
13. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
14. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Vidi Unit.
(b) Appenine Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Acqui Unit.
15. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He cannot read.
(c) He is in a hospital.
(d) He has no paper or pen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on April 30, 1941?
2. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
3. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
4. What does Corelli do early in the mornings?
5. Who is Mandras' mother?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)