|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the fighting conditions in Greece?
(b) Extreme cold.
(c) Lack of food.
(d) Inadequate clothing.
2. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
(a) Antonio DiGuardio.
(b) Antonio Sabatini.
(c) Antonio Maximo.
(d) Antonio Corelli.
3. Why is Pelagia startled when she arrives home one day?
(a) A crazed-looking man is sitting there.
(b) There are quarantine signs posted.
(c) A horse has wandered inside.
(d) The door is bolted shut.
4. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
(a) Friedrick Schwartz.
(b) Hans Weber.
(c) Gunter Weber.
(d) Gunter Schmid.
5. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
6. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(b) Fighting to Believe.
(c) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
(d) Il Duce Rules.
7. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
(d) A physical attraction.
8. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(b) There have been budget cuts.
(c) All the young men are gone.
(d) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
9. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
10. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He has no paper or pen.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is in a hospital.
11. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
12. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Dr. Iannis dies.
(b) World War II ends.
(c) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(d) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
13. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
14. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
(b) Sings in his ear.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Puts her hands over his eyes.
15. Which of the following do the villagers NOT bring to the priest as an apology for the strongman's actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
2. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
3. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
4. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
5. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)