|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) sign a loyalty oath.
(b) commandeer some boats.
(c) recruit more men.
(d) stop stealing from other groups.
2. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He is not receiving her letters.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is no longer interested in her.
3. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is tall and thin.
(b) He is an alcoholic.
(c) He is completely bald.
(d) He is obese and gluttonous.
4. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His illegitimacy.
(b) His homosexuality.
(c) His thefts.
(d) His crime of murder.
5. What is Mandras' job?
(b) Wine maker.
(c) Ship builder.
6. What has Dr. Iannis told Mandras that worries Pelagia?
(a) That she will have no dowry.
(b) That she is healthier than she really is.
(c) That she has less education than he said.
(d) That she is younger than she really is.
7. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
(a) They quickly look away.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) They have a staring contest.
8. What happens on April 30, 1941?
(a) Pelagia and Mandras get married.
(b) Dr. Iannis dies.
(c) World War II ends.
(d) Italian troops occupy Cephallonia.
9. Where does Francisco die?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a military hospital.
(c) In a muddy trench.
(d) In a meadow.
10. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
(a) Pretend they don't see her.
(b) Whistle at her.
(c) Sing very loudly.
(d) Make funny faces.
11. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
(b) Dr. Iannis.
(c) Mandras' mother.
12. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
(a) olive oil.
(b) radio broadcasts.
(c) medical supplies.
13. Who is the Duce?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Benito Mussolini.
14. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) All the young men are gone.
(b) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(c) Nothing much happens in the winter.
(d) There have been budget cuts.
15. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his patient.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
2. What is Mandras' initiation into the group in #65?
3. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
4. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
5. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)