|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
2. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cat.
(c) A pine marten.
(d) A raccoon.
3. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
4. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
5. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
(a) Behind a screen.
(b) At his office door.
(c) At the church door.
(d) In the town square.
6. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
(b) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(c) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
(d) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
7. Who is the leader of Mandras' resistance group?
8. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
9. What is Mandras' job?
(a) Ship builder.
(c) Wine maker.
10. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Rolled him down a hill.
(b) Threw his hat into the air.
(c) Threw him into a pond.
(d) Lifted him up onto a wall.
11. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Myers.
(b) Lt-Col Marsden.
(c) Lt-Col Mason.
(d) Lt-Col Middleton.
12. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is not receiving her letters.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is no longer interested in her.
13. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
14. Mandras joins a group of young men who are ___________________.
15. Who is Mandras' mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Duce?
2. What happens on April 30, 1941?
3. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
4. Why is Pelagia startled when she arrives home one day?
5. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)