|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Iannis struggles to write a book about ___________________.
(a) his daughter.
(b) his medical practice.
(c) Greek myths and legends.
(d) the history of Cephallonia.
2. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
(b) Fighting to Believe.
(c) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(d) Il Duce Rules.
3. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) He was married before.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is an epileptic.
4. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
(b) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
(c) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
(d) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
5. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
6. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
(a) as they eat breakfast.
(b) as they do calisthenics.
(c) as they use the latrines.
(d) as they march.
7. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
8. Which of the following does NOT describe the fighting conditions in Greece?
(a) Extreme cold.
(c) Inadequate clothing.
(d) Lack of food.
9. What animal does the man in #76 steal from a villager?
10. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
(a) They have a staring contest.
(b) They quickly look away.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He leaves the house.
11. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
12. What makes Pelagia's opinion of Captain Corelli soften a little bit?
(a) She sees his rescue a kitten from a tree.
(b) She sees him playing with a little girl named Lemoni.
(c) She sees him walking and talking with her father.
(d) She sees him singing and playing his mandolin for some children.
13. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
14. Where does Francisco die?
(a) In a military hospital.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a muddy trench.
15. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) Dr. Iannis' book.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) Pelagia's journal.
(d) Carlo's testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
2. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
3. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
4. Who is the German soldier Corelli befriends?
5. What happens on April 30, 1941?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)