|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) recruit more men.
(b) stop stealing from other groups.
(c) sign a loyalty oath.
(d) commandeer some boats.
2. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
(a) He has been injured in battle.
(b) He does not respond to her letters.
(c) He is a prisoner of war.
(d) He has been very ill.
3. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
4. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
5. Mussolini has decided to attack which country?
6. What happens when Corelli catches Pelagia looking at him?
(a) They quickly look away.
(b) They have a staring contest.
(c) He leaves the house.
(d) He yells at her.
7. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
8. Troops from which country are stationed near the Italian troops on the mainland opposite the island?
9. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Rolled him down a hill.
(b) Threw his hat into the air.
(c) Threw him into a pond.
(d) Lifted him up onto a wall.
10. Dr. Iannis struggles to write a book about ___________________.
(a) his daughter.
(b) his medical practice.
(c) Greek myths and legends.
(d) the history of Cephallonia.
11. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
12. Why does Pelagia leave Corelli at the table?
(a) The pine marten scratches at the door.
(b) Her father calls her to come outside.
(c) She is embarrassed by her actions.
(d) A patient has come to see her father.
13. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is tall and thin.
(b) He is completely bald.
(c) He is an alcoholic.
(d) He is obese and gluttonous.
14. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
(a) A pine marten.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rabbit.
15. What is the rank of the person in #34?
Short Answer Questions
1. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
4. Who helps Pelagia bathe and tend to Mandras?
5. Where does the German soldier meet Corelli?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)