|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He has a terminal illness.
(b) He cannot read.
(c) He is an epileptic.
(d) He was married before.
2. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Acqui Unit.
(b) Vidi Unit.
(c) Dei Unit.
(d) Appenine Unit.
3. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He has already asked her.
(b) He is not sure she will have him.
(c) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(d) He is not in love with her yet.
4. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
(b) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(c) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
(d) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
5. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
(a) He injured his back.
(b) He has shards of pottery stuck in his backside.
(c) He broke an arm.
(d) He has broken a leg.
6. Which of the following do the villagers NOT bring to the priest as an apology for the strongman's actions?
7. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His crime of murder.
(c) His thefts.
(d) His illegitimacy.
8. Who is the daughter of the Prime Minister of Greece?
9. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Marsden.
(b) Lt-Col Middleton.
(c) Lt-Col Myers.
(d) Lt-Col Mason.
10. Where does Dr. Iannis find the priest passed out in a pool of his own urine and vomit?
(a) In the town square.
(b) At his office door.
(c) Behind a screen.
(d) At the church door.
11. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
12. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
13. Who is supporting various Greek resistance groups?
(a) The British.
(b) The French.
(c) The Americans.
(d) The Russians.
14. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
(a) A pine marten.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A cat.
(d) A raccoon.
15. When does Mandras think he and Pelagia could get married?
(a) When she is a little older.
(b) When he comes back from the war.
(c) When her father gives permission.
(d) When he saves more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
4. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
5. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)