|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
2. What is the Fascist slogan on a propaganda pamphlet aimed against Mussolini?
(a) Believe, Fight, and Obey.
(b) Mussolini's Nation of Believers.
(c) Fighting to Believe.
(d) Il Duce Rules.
3. Who is the Prime Minister of Greece?
4. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in a hospital.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He has no paper or pen.
5. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
6. Who asks Carlo to deliver a letter to his mother in the event of his death?
7. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(b) He is not in love with her yet.
(c) He is not sure she will have him.
(d) He has already asked her.
8. Mandras has periods of ______________________ upon his return home.
9. Why are the festivals in the town subdued?
(a) There are no festivals during the Lenten season.
(b) There have been budget cuts.
(c) All the young men are gone.
(d) Nothing much happens in the winter.
10. What is Mandras' job?
(b) Wine maker.
(d) Ship builder.
11. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
12. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
(a) He injured his back.
(b) He broke an arm.
(c) He has shards of pottery stuck in his backside.
(d) He has broken a leg.
13. What does Corelli do early in the mornings?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Fixes a big breakfast.
(d) Plays his mandolin.
14. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his daughter.
(b) She is his wife.
(c) She is his patient.
(d) She is his sister.
15. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
(a) To study.
(b) Not stare at him.
(c) Not to sing.
(d) To clean quietly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
2. What happens on April 30, 1941?
3. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
4. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
5. Who is Mandras' mother?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)