|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
(b) A physical attraction.
2. What demeanor does Pelagia have around Captain Corelli?
3. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Angeles.
(b) Captain Corelli.
(d) Major Andreas.
4. Which of the following is NOT a friend Dr. Iannis chats with at the village cafe?
5. Why does the man in #18 want to be deaf again?
(a) He can hear how his wife sings off key.
(b) He can hear his wife's nagging too clearly now.
(c) He can hear the dogs barking at night keeping him awake.
(d) He can hear the pounding of the waves against the rocks.
6. Where does Francisco die?
(a) In a forest.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) In a military hospital.
(d) In a muddy trench.
7. Pelagia is fascinated to watch Corelli __________________ at the table.
(a) compose music.
(b) write letters.
(c) shop vegetables.
(d) talk to her father.
8. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
9. What has the young girl, Lemoni, found caught in a barbed fence?
(a) A cat.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A pine marten.
10. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
11. What is the rank of the person in #34?
12. Who does Pelagia see swimming naked and setting up a fishing net?
13. Who is the man who Dr. Iannis had cured of his deafness?
14. What name has Corelli given to his mandolin?
15. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Captain Corelli leads a group that sings every morning ____________________.
2. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
3. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the fighting conditions in Greece?
5. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)