|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pelagia NOT know about Mandras?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He is an epileptic.
(c) He has a terminal illness.
(d) He was married before.
2. Dr. Iannis agrees to let Captain Corelli stay in his house in exchange for ___________________.
(a) olive oil.
(b) medical supplies.
(c) radio broadcasts.
3. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
(a) To let him cook dinner sometimes.
(b) To teach him how to speak some Greek words.
(c) To let him help make repairs around the house.
(d) To let him court Pelagia.
4. The Lt Col tells Hector to ________________________ or he will be cut off.
(a) recruit more men.
(b) commandeer some boats.
(c) sign a loyalty oath.
(d) stop stealing from other groups.
5. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
6. Who is Mandras' mother?
7. Who leads the troop of Italian soldiers into Cephallonia?
(a) Captain Corelli.
(b) Captain Angeles.
(d) Major Andreas.
8. What had the strongman done to Father Arsenios earlier in the day?
(a) Lifted him up onto a wall.
(b) Rolled him down a hill.
(c) Threw him into a pond.
(d) Threw his hat into the air.
9. Which of the following does Carlo NOT tell Francisco's mother about Francisco's death?
(a) Francisco was shot through the heart.
(b) Francisco died on a bright day.
(c) Francisco whispered his mother's name as he died.
(d) Francisco stepped on a land mine.
10. What do the Italian soldiers do as they pass by Pelagia?
(a) Make funny faces.
(b) Sing very loudly.
(c) Pretend they don't see her.
(d) Whistle at her.
11. What is the reason Mandras does not reply to Pelagia's letters?
(a) He cannot read.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He has no paper or pen.
(d) He is in a hospital.
12. What is the name of the Italian unit occupying Cephallonia?
(a) Vidi Unit.
(b) Acqui Unit.
(c) Appenine Unit.
(d) Dei Unit.
13. What does Pelagia find it difficult to do while Corelli is in the house?
(a) Not stare at him.
(b) To clean quietly.
(c) Not to sing.
(d) To study.
14. Who has replaced thoughts of Francisco in Carlo's mind?
(a) Antonio Sabatini.
(b) Antonio Maximo.
(c) Antonio Corelli.
(d) Antonio DiGuardio.
15. When Mandras is well, he tells Pelagia that he is going to _________________________.
(a) join the priesthood.
(b) go away and fight with the resistance.
(c) stay at his cabin in the mountains.
(d) set their wedding date.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on April 30, 1941?
2. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
3. What does Dr. Iannis teach Corelli to do?
4. How does Dr. Iannis try to pull Pelagia out of her depression of missing Mandras?
5. With whom is Carlo Piero Guercio in love?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)