|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "L'Omosessuale"?
(a) Dr. Iannis' book.
(b) A French restaurant.
(c) Pelagia's journal.
(d) Carlo's testimony.
2. Who is the Duce?
(a) Joseph Stalin.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(c) Benito Mussolini.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
3. Why does Pelagia assume that Mandras does not respond to her letters?
(a) He is no longer interested in her.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He cannot read.
(d) He is not receiving her letters.
4. What can Dr Iannis see between Pelagia and Corelli?
(b) A physical attraction.
5. What is notable about Father Arsenios?
(a) He is completely bald.
(b) He is tall and thin.
(c) He is obese and gluttonous.
(d) He is an alcoholic.
6. What had Mandras carried with him as he made his way home from war?
(a) A map.
(b) Pelagia's letters.
(c) A flask.
(d) A flag.
7. Why is Pelagia startled when she arrives home one day?
(a) The door is bolted shut.
(b) A crazed-looking man is sitting there.
(c) There are quarantine signs posted.
(d) A horse has wandered inside.
8. Mandras plans to volunteer for the _______________ army.
9. What is Mandras' response when Dr. Iannis asks him if he intends to marry Pelagia?
(a) He is not in love with her yet.
(b) He has already asked her.
(c) He is waiting to see what happens with the war.
(d) He is not sure she will have him.
10. What is the content of a telegram from Mussolini to Prime Minister Metaxas of Greece?
(a) He demands that Greece allow Italian troops to occupy the country.
(b) He demands Prime Minister Metaxas' resignation.
(c) He demands more troops to join his own in Italy.
(d) He demands new recruits to join the Italian army.
11. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
12. Who is the leader of the group of thugs which Mandras joins?
13. What secret does Carlo Piero Guercio write about in his confession?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His thefts.
(c) His illegitimacy.
(d) His crime of murder.
14. What does Pelagia do when she comes up behind Corelli at the table?
(a) Puts her hands over his eyes.
(b) Sings in his ear.
(c) Sits down beside him.
(d) Puts her hand on his shoulder.
15. Hector has been called before a British officer named ____________________.
(a) Lt-Col Myers.
(b) Lt-Col Marsden.
(c) Lt-Col Mason.
(d) Lt-Col Middleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task are Carlo and Francisco called to do?
2. Why does Mandras require Dr. Iannis' help after falling out of a tree.
3. What does Corelli ask of Dr. Iannis?
4. What is the rank of the person in #34?
5. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)