|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 56-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is distressing for Pelagia after Mandras goes to war?
(a) He is a prisoner of war.
(b) He has been very ill.
(c) He has been injured in battle.
(d) He does not respond to her letters.
2. Whose body is buried in the doctor's yard?
3. How do the Germans try to get rid of the dead bodies?
(a) They bury them at sea.
(b) They bury them in a mass grave.
(c) They set fire to them.
(d) They order the villagers to bury them.
4. Why do Hector's men stay with him?
(a) He gives them three meals a day.
(b) He has a great vision.
(c) He has threatened to kill them if they do not.
(d) He pays them well.
5. Who carries the soldier in #138 to Dr. Iannis' house?
(a) The strongman.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gunter Weber give his commanding officer for not wanting to carry out the order in #133?
2. What does Pelagia say when she realizes what she has done to Corelli?
3. What does Pelagia give to Corelli when he wakes up with a hangover?
4. Hector reads to the men from a book by ________________ while sitting around the campfire.
5. What does Corelli do to seem more like a Greek man?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)