1. Dr. Iannis is a physician on the island of _________________.
2. What nationality is Dr. Iannis?
3. How is Pelagia connected to Dr. Iannis?
(a) She is his patient.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his wife.
(d) She is his daughter.
4. Dr. Iannis cures a village man's deafness by removing a _______________ that had been stuck in his ear since childhood.
5. The deaf man pays Dr. Iannis for his services with food and __________________.
(c) olive oil.
6. Which of Pelagia's animals has eaten Dr. Iannis' manuscript?
(a) A goat.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cow.
7. Who is the Duce?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Joseph Stalin.
(c) Duke Ellington.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
8. Who is the strongman who comes to town to perform an act?
9. Who is the young fisherman who is wounded when the strongman fires his cannon?
This section contains 4,090 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)