|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Inez's husband, Jasper?
(a) He is now fighting for the Spanish.
(b) There is no Jasper.
(c) He did not make it to Fort Mose.
(d) He is still in Georgia.
2. What is Tidbit's given name?
3. How does Captain Menendez address Polly, Amari, and Tidbit?
(a) "Spanish" (291).
(b) "Responsible" (291).
(c) "My children" (291).
(d) "English" (291).
4. Of whom does Captain Menendez remind Amari?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her father.
5. What does King Philip want from the citizens of Fort Mose?
(a) Catholic converts.
(b) Communal living.
(c) Indentured servanthood.
(d) Protection for St. Augustine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does Polly use in Part Seven to describe freedom?
2. What city are Polly, Tidbit and Amari near when they meet Nathan?
3. How do the children feel about their encounter with Clay at the end of Part Seven?
4. How does Amari escape from Clay at the end of Part Seven?
5. Why does Clay chase after Amari in Part Seven, after having trailed the children for days?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plan the children devise for escaping Nathan's father.
2. Explain the anger that both Amari and Polly feel in relation to their food poisoning.
3. Why does Dr. Hoskins feel so guilty in Part Seven?
4. Detail Polly's description of freedom.
5. Why is Polly attracted to Nathan?
6. What does Inez mean when she says, "Troubles never be over chile...but it be good to share them with friends" (288)?
7. When Amari promises that Polly will also forever stay with Tidbit, what does she realize about keeping promises?
8. Do Amari and Polly become fast friends on their journey that begins in Part Seven? Why or why not?
9. How does Amari comfort Tidbit when he realizes in Part Eleven that he will most likely never see his mother again?
10. What clues do we have that Domingo Salvador is not actually drunk in Part Ten?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)