|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves have died on the Derby farm this year?
2. How does Amari make a new friend in the holding area in Part One?
(a) The women share a love of music.
(b) Amari offers to share her food.
(c) A kind woman offers her some bread.
(d) Everyone is friendly at the castle.
3. What type of root does Amari ask Teenie to show her in Part Three?
(a) A root that will kill.
(b) A root for an upset stomach.
(c) A root that tastes sweet.
(d) A root for headaches.
4. Who stops Myna's beating by Mr. Derby in Part Four?
5. What does Polly tell Myna once the girls awakens in Part 5 after being beaten by Mr. Derby?
(a) That she got what she deserved.
(b) That she was unable to get the stains out of the rug.
(c) That the infection might prove fatal.
(d) That she has missed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a characteristic of the captives' shackles in Part One?
2. What animal is always escaping from Tirza?
3. How many women die during the big storm while crossing the ocean in Part One?
4. How long is Polly's indenture sentence?
5. Why does Mr. Derby prefer that his slaves be fresh from Africa?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)