|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teenie's cooking make both Polly and Amari think about in Part Two?
(a) Their mothers' cooking.
(b) The recipes they once made.
(c) Their love for Clay Derby.
(d) Their chances of escape.
2. Who is the father of Isabelle's baby?
3. What role does Besa play in the celebration in Part One?
(a) He plays drums.
(b) He welcomes the guests.
(c) He serves the food.
(d) He stands by silently.
4. Why does Mr. Derby come to the kitchen one morning in Part Six?
(a) Mrs. Derby is in labor.
(b) He wants to use Tidbit as bait again.
(c) He needs dinner service that night.
(d) He wants to bring Myna to Clay.
5. How many hours a day are the women tied on the ship in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clay come into Teenie's kitchen one day in Part Five?
2. What happens to the African man who brands Amari?
3. How long is Polly's indenture sentence?
4. How did Isabelle and Noah fall in love?
5. Why does Teenie not know her exact age?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)