|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Amari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Teenie's advice to Amari upon arrival at the Derby's farm?
(a) To stay away from Mrs. Derby and slave men.
(b) To learn English but keep her mouth shut.
(c) To refuse to go with Tidbit and to slap Mr. Derby when she gets the chance.
(d) To hold onto her memories of Africa but fall in love with Clay.
2. How long does Amari fight the pain and possible infection of the beating by Mr. Derby?
(a) One day.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
3. What does Teenie's cooking make both Polly and Amari think about in Part Two?
(a) Their love for Clay Derby.
(b) The recipes they once made.
(c) Their mothers' cooking.
(d) Their chances of escape.
4. Which of the following does NOT occur when the women are brought up on deck of the ship in Part One?
(a) They are fed.
(b) They have water thrown on them.
(c) They are mocked.
(d) They are made to feel comfortable.
5. How do the white people at the slave auction in Part One act toward the slaves?
(a) With utter hatred.
(b) With intense interest.
(c) With extreme pity.
(d) With cool detachment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the ship in Part One ultimately take the captures Ewe people?
2. What "skill" does Amari possess that makes her valuable?
3. What might be the function of the story of Chief Agokoli?
4. What happens to the African man who brands Amari?
5. Why does Teenie not know her exact age?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)