|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Amari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Myna's beating by Mr. Derby in Part Four?
2. What reminds Amari of her little brother?
(a) A cat.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cow.
3. What year is this novel set?
4. What is the reader's first hint at Polly's character in Part Two?
(a) Polly has no idea what the slave trade is.
(b) Polly is a slave herself.
(c) Polly wants to purchase a slave.
(d) Polly is not sympathetic to the slaves.
5. What is the name of the large city to which the slaves are brought in Part One?
(c) Cape Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Ewe tribe's kente cloth design?
2. What role does Besa play in the celebration in Part One?
3. Which of the following is NOT a clue that Amari can understand Polly's English?
4. How many hours a day are the women tied on the ship in Part One?
5. In Part Four, what future does Cato foresee for Myna?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)