|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Five: Amari.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women die during the big storm while crossing the ocean in Part One?
2. Which is NOT true about Teenie's kente cloth?
(a) It was her mother's.
(b) Willie Badgett gave it to her.
(c) It was just a tiny scrap.
(d) It had been buried on the plantation for years.
3. How is Mr. Derby different with the new Mrs. Derby than he was with his first wife?
(a) He married his first wife for money.
(b) He appears more lovesick toward his new wife.
(c) He respects his new wife's every opinion.
(d) He is more detached this time.
4. How did the first Mrs. Derby die?
(a) In childbirth with Clay.
(b) Of the flu of 1730.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) In a boating accident.
5. What is NOT a characteristic of the captives' shackles in Part One?
(a) A neck band.
(b) Atttachments at the ankles, wrists, and necks.
(c) A face mask.
(d) A set of ankle chains.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bill is not around to protect her in Part One, what happens to Amari?
2. What is the average life span of a slave?
3. Who stops Myna's beating by Mr. Derby in Part Four?
4. What color is the house at Derbyshire Farms?
5. What happens to the African man who brands Amari?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)