|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a slave dies on the journey in Part One, what happens to their body?
(a) It is carried with them.
(b) It is burned.
(c) It is buried with dignity.
(d) It is left for the animals.
2. Who were the only villagers spared in the slaughter of the Ewe tribe?
(a) The children.
(b) The elderly.
(c) The women.
(d) The young.
3. Which of the following is NOT an example of onomatopoeia?
4. What is NOT a characteristic of the captives' shackles in Part One?
(a) Atttachments at the ankles, wrists, and necks.
(b) A face mask.
(c) A set of ankle chains.
(d) A neck band.
5. How many women die during the big storm while crossing the ocean in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following descriptions of the ship in Part One is an example of personification?
2. Which of the following is NOT a clue that Amari can understand Polly's English?
3. Why are the slaves quarantined on Sullivan's Island?
4. Which of the following is NOT true about Polly's mother?
5. What symbol does Amari NOT association with freedom?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)