|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does Kwasi tease Amari in Part One?
2. Which of the following does NOT occur when the women are brought up on deck of the ship in Part One?
(a) They have water thrown on them.
(b) They are fed.
(c) They are made to feel comfortable.
(d) They are mocked.
3. Where does the ship containing the kidnapped Ewe people make landfall in Part One?
(c) Tybee Island.
(d) Sullivan's Island.
4. Why might Afi be drawn to Amari?
(a) Amari has access to food.
(b) Afi is from Amari's village.
(c) Afi had a daughter Amari's age.
(d) Amari has special privileges from the guards.
5. Which fact is true about Polly's father?
(a) He died of consumption.
(b) Polly never knew him.
(c) He was an unkind man.
(d) He was a drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the large city to which the slaves are brought in Part One?
2. How does Amari make a new friend in the holding area in Part One?
3. What symbol does Amari NOT association with freedom?
4. What is classified as women's work in the Ewe tribe?
5. How old is Tidbit?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)