|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Afi give Amari about Besa?
(a) To run to him.
(b) To spit on him.
(c) To forget him.
(d) To remember their love.
2. How does Noah passively show the Derbies that he is unhappy with their treatment of Amari?
(a) He coughs loudly.
(b) He remains quiet.
(c) He spooks the horse.
(d) He speaks up for Amari.
3. What further punishment does Mr. Derby give Myna after her whipping?
(a) He cuts her hair.
(b) He says she will never work in the big house again.
(c) He sentences her to the rice fields.
(d) He removes her from the plantation.
4. How many hours a day are the women tied on the ship in Part One?
5. What advice does Fiona NOT offer the children about getting to Fort Mose?
(a) Travel by night.
(b) Head south to Spanish territory.
(c) Go north to the Underground Railroad.
(d) Pretend Amari and Tidbit are Polly's slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the only villagers spared in the slaughter of the Ewe tribe?
2. In Part Four, what future does Cato foresee for Myna?
3. What is the cause of Isabelle's concern over her baby?
4. When Bill is not around to protect her in Part One, what happens to Amari?
5. What happens to the mother and daughter who jumped from the small boat?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)