|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food most likely makes Polly, Tidbit and Amari sick in Part Seven?
2. Which is NOT true about Teenie's kente cloth?
(a) It was her mother's.
(b) It had been buried on the plantation for years.
(c) Willie Badgett gave it to her.
(d) It was just a tiny scrap.
3. How did the first Mrs. Derby die?
(a) In a boating accident.
(b) In childbirth with Clay.
(c) Of the flu of 1730.
(d) In a house fire.
4. Why does Mr. Derby lash Myna with the whip?
(a) She is insubordinate.
(b) She trips over his legs.
(c) She speaks up against slavery.
(d) She spills wine in his lap.
5. Which of the following is a metaphor to describe the kente cloth?
(a) "My little breath of Africa" (114).
(b) "This little piece of it came off in her hand" (114).
(c) "She buried it not far from that tree yonder" (114).
(d) "She clutched it all the way 'cross the big water" (114).
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the large city to which the slaves are brought in Part One?
2. What advice does Polly give Amari about Besa in Part Ten?
3. In Part Four, what future does Cato foresee for Myna?
4. Why is Polly chosen to stop the doctor in Part Six?
5. What giant animal lurks outside the children's cave in Part Seven?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)