|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Amari know to navigate their journey in Part Seven?
(a) She trusts the doctor's directions.
(b) She can remember lessons about nature she learned at home.
(c) She has read a great deal about exploring.
(d) She chooses to follow other travelers.
2. What is NOT a characteristic of the captives' shackles in Part One?
(a) Atttachments at the ankles, wrists, and necks.
(b) A face mask.
(c) A neck band.
(d) A set of ankle chains.
3. If Polly were allowed to work in the big house, where does she envision spending her time?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The porch.
4. How does Amari feel about her spirit in Part Five, since the beating by Mr. Derby?
(a) That Afi gives her spiritual guidance.
(b) That it has died.
(c) That it is growing stronger.
(d) That Africa is strong within her heart.
5. How does Noah passively show the Derbies that he is unhappy with their treatment of Amari?
(a) He coughs loudly.
(b) He remains quiet.
(c) He speaks up for Amari.
(d) He spooks the horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the sailor in Part One seem to have chosen Amari?
2. What is the Ewe tribe's kente cloth design?
3. Which is NOT a reason that Mr. Derby loves Isabelle?
4. What happens to the mother and daughter who jumped from the small boat?
5. How does Dr. Hoskins feel about the murders they witnessed?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)