|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Ten: Polly.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Amari fight the pain and possible infection of the beating by Mr. Derby?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) One day.
2. What is classified as women's work in the Ewe tribe?
(a) Spinning threads.
(b) Playing the drums.
(c) Weaving cloth.
(d) Telling stories.
3. How much space does each slave have below deck on the ship?
(a) A room with a bed and a washbasin.
(b) A few inches on either side.
(c) A full foot of space.
(d) A room about the size of a bathroom.
4. How does Amari feel about her spirit in Part Five, since the beating by Mr. Derby?
(a) That Africa is strong within her heart.
(b) That Afi gives her spiritual guidance.
(c) That it is growing stronger.
(d) That it has died.
5. Who is seen outside the window of Isabelle's baby's birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one clue that the strangers in the Ewe village are not there on a peaceful mission?
2. If Polly were allowed to work in the big house, where does she envision spending her time?
3. Who is Cato?
4. What information does Domingo Salvador NOT provide the children in Part Ten?
5. Why does Clay take Myna on his hunting trip in Part Five?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)