|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bohr’s criticism of Heisenberg’s thought process?
2. From whose work does Heisenberg and Bohr’s own work stem?
3. Who was with Bohr when he worked out complementarity?
4. How does Heisenberg suggest they disprove the insult of his knowledge?
5. In what direction is Tisvilde?
Short Essay Questions
1. How much more time did Heisenberg think he needed to make his reaction work?
2. What did people think about Heisenberg’s reaction to Schrödinger’s mechanics?
3. Where does Heisenberg spend the last months of the war, and why?
4. What tendency does Bohr claim that Margrethe has?
5. How did Heisenberg make revisions to his uncertainty paper?
6. Why didn’t the worst happen to the reactor in Haigerloch?
7. What did Einstein show about measurement?
8. What is Heisenberg’s plan (according to him, in present day) for talking to Bohr about the atomic project?
9. What does Heisenberg say about his understanding of the bomb?
10. What would have happened if Heisenberg’s reactor had gone critical?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On its surface, the play seems to be about science. However, the title and various other elements of the content link it to other spheres, as well. Can this play hold interest for those who are not interested in science? What other areas of study does it touch upon, and in what way?
Essay Topic 2
At various points, Bohr is described as a father figure. In what ways does Heisenberg act as a son to Bohr, and Bohr a father to Heisenberg? Why is this significant for the book? Discuss their first and last meetings in this context.
Essay Topic 3
Margrethe makes various aside comments regarding Heisenberg. What is her opinion of him? Is it a static opinion, or does it change over the course of the play? If so, how, and why?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)