|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction is Elsinore Castle?
2. What was Heisenberg’s main scientific achievement?
(a) A series of mathematical proofs
(b) His uncertainty paper
(c) His wave theorem
(d) His work on the atom with Bohr
3. Where did Heisenberg sleep immediately after the war?
(a) In Bohr’s home
(b) On straw
(c) In a new flat
(d) In a charming house
4. Where did Heisenberg have his moment of clarity?
(a) In Copenhagen
(b) On Heligoland
(c) In Tisvilde
(d) In Leipzig
5. How did Heisenberg feel about Kramers?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Heisenberg when he first visited Copenhagen?
2. Where were Bohr’s rooms in 1924?
3. What does Margrethe think that Heisenberg will never know?
4. How did Heisenberg reconcile the problem in #96?
5. In what direction is Tisvilde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Heisenberg tell minor Nazi officials?
2. What were the conditions under which Heisenberg was allowed to practice science after the war?
3. What did Einstein show about measurement?
4. What would have happened if Heisenberg’s reactor had gone critical?
5. What is Heisenberg’s plan (according to him, in present day) for talking to Bohr about the atomic project?
6. What does Otto Hahn want to do during the last months of the war?
7. Why didn’t the worst happen to the reactor in Haigerloch?
8. What was the impetus for Heisenberg’s attaining the chair at Leipzig?
9. When did Fermi achieve the first self-sustaining chain reaction, in relationship to Heisenberg?
10. What extreme act does Heisenberg claim that Bohr would have been justified in doing?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)