|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scientist insulted Heisenberg’s knowledge?
2. What is Margrethe’s theory about Heisenberg’s 1941 visit?
(a) He misses his father figure
(b) He wants to brag about his research
(c) He is confused about his research
(d) He wants to turn them in to the police
3. What aspect of Bohr and Heisenberg’s memories of their work does Margrethe contest?
(a) Its mechanics
(b) Its timing
(c) Its importance
(d) Its collaborative aspects
4. How did Heisenberg reconcile the problem in #96?
(a) He issued a press release
(b) He added a postscript to the paper
(c) He reconciled with Bohr
(d) He publicly refused to change his position
5. How did Heisenberg feel on Heligoland?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Bohr’s rooms in 1924?
2. Where did the Borhs eventually go during the war?
3. What is Bohr’s conception of the work that the two scientists did together in the 1920s?
4. Where did Heisenberg have his moment of clarity?
5. What is Heisenberg’s response to Bohr’s criticism of his thought process?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Heisenberg tell minor Nazi officials?
2. What were the conditions under which Heisenberg was allowed to practice science after the war?
3. How did Bohr react during the events of Christian’s death?
4. What is Heisenberg’s plan (according to him, in present day) for talking to Bohr about the atomic project?
5. What does Heisenberg claim to think about his own plan for talking to Bohr about the atomic projects in Copenhagen?
6. How was Einstein’s theory important to Heisenberg’s work?
7. What did Einstein show about measurement?
8. What extreme act does Heisenberg claim that Bohr would have been justified in doing?
9. How did Heisenberg describe Schrödinger’s mechanics?
10. What does Heisenberg say about his understanding of the bomb?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)