|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Heisenberg immediately after the war?
(a) He died
(b) He was in charge of German science
(c) He got divorced
(d) He came back to see Bohr
2. How does Heisenberg suggest they disprove the insult of his knowledge?
(a) Confirming with Bohr
(b) Confirming with Otto Hahn
(c) Confirming with Goudmit
(d) Confirming with Pauli
3. What was problematic about Heisenberg’s great discovery?
(a) The phenomenon he witnessed could be attributed to another factor
(b) He did not understand fission
(c) It was later disproved
(d) He did not discuss it with Bohr
4. What aspect of Bohr and Heisenberg’s memories of their work does Margrethe contest?
(a) Its timing
(b) Its importance
(c) Its mechanics
(d) Its collaborative aspects
5. Where did Bohr work out complementarity?
(a) In Norway
(b) In Denmark
(c) In Finland
(d) In Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made peace between Heisenberg and Bohr?
2. What did people pay attention to instead of Heisenberg’s discoveries?
3. In Act 2, how does Margrethe attempt to cut the tension between the two men?
4. What non-scientific talent of Kramers’ do Heisenberg and Bohr discuss?
5. Where did the men walk during Heisenberg’s first visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tendency does Bohr claim that Margrethe has?
2. What was strange about the cadmium that Heisenberg had in Haigerloch?
3. What does Otto Hahn want to do during the last months of the war?
4. What did Heisenberg tell minor Nazi officials?
5. What did people think about Heisenberg’s reaction to Schrödinger’s mechanics?
6. What was the impetus for Heisenberg’s attaining the chair at Leipzig?
7. What is Heisenberg’s plan (according to him, in present day) for talking to Bohr about the atomic project?
8. What could have happened to the reactor in Haigerloch?
9. What did Einstein show about measurement?
10. Who oversees Heisenberg’s research in Germany?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)