|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did people pay attention to instead of Heisenberg’s discoveries?
2. In Heisenberg’s illustration of his theory, what or who is an electron?
(c) A buoy
3. How old was Ernest when Heisenberg arrived?
(a) He was one year old
(b) He was ten years old
(c) He was one week old
(d) He wasn’t born yet
4. Which scientist insulted Heisenberg’s knowledge?
5. What does Heisenberg say about the years they worked together?
(a) That they felt long
(b) That they were amazing
(c) That he longed to escape
(d) That it was always winter
6. What is notable about Heisenberg’s accepting the chair at Leipzig?
(a) He did not know how to teach
(b) He did not have a degree himself
(c) He was the youngest full professor in Germany
(d) He was as far as possible from Copenhagen
7. In what direction is Elsinore Castle?
8. What did the scientists who made the bomb discover about the chain reaction?
(a) It was impossible to do
(b) It was faster than anticipated
(c) They needed far too much uranium
(d) It was impossible to use cadmium
9. Who was with Bohr when he worked out complementarity?
(b) A team of researchers
10. How did Heisenberg reconcile the problem in #96?
(a) He added a postscript to the paper
(b) He publicly refused to change his position
(c) He reconciled with Bohr
(d) He issued a press release
11. What is Bohr’s conception of the work that the two scientists did together in the 1920s?
(a) They proved the existence of God
(b) They put man at the center of the universe
(c) They solved the mystery of the atom
(d) They made science accessible to all
12. What language does Heisenberg want Bohr to speak?
(a) Scientific notation
(d) Plain language
13. In Heisenberg’s illustration of his theory, what or who is the nucleus?
(b) The mast
(c) The heart
14. How long did Bohr and Heisenberg work together?
(a) Five years
(b) One year
(c) Three years
(d) A decade
15. What does Heisenberg still insist works?
(b) Schrödinger’s cat
(c) The Copenhagen Interpretation
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margrethe’s theory about Heisenberg’s 1941 visit?
2. Where did Heisenberg have his moment of clarity?
3. How old was Heisenberg when he took his chair at Leipzig?
4. Where did the Borhs eventually go during the war?
5. What was strange about Heisenberg’s attempts to speak English?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)