|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heisenberg feel, approaching the door to the Bohr’s home?
2. What kind of impression does Heisenberg make on his first stop with Bohr?
(a) He already knows everybody
(b) A positive one
(c) A neutral one
(d) A negative one
3. How many of the object of Heisenberg’s envy exist in Germany?
(b) More than thirty
4. What does one need to fission the least common uranium isotope?
(a) Regular protons
(b) Fast protons
(c) Fast neutrons
(d) Regular neutrons
5. Where did Heisenberg and Bohr first meet?
(a) Through mutual friends
(b) At a lecture festival
(c) In a classroom
(d) At a party
6. How old is Heisenberg in relationship to the Bohrs’ eldest son?
(b) The same age
(c) It is unclear
7. What prevented Heisenberg’s last visit to the Bohrs?
(a) An argument
(b) The outbreak of war
(c) His marriage
(d) The death of their child
8. What does Bohr initially think about Margrethe’s proposed activity?
(a) He will see what Heisenberg thinks
(b) He doesn’t think they will do it
(c) He finds the suggestion upsetting
(d) He is receptive to it
9. Why does Bohr think Heisenberg’s visit might be apolitical?
(a) Bohr is a Dane and Heisenberg is a German
(b) Their work is only in theoretical physics
(c) Scientists don’t care about politics
(d) They have different political views
10. What explanation does Bohr give for the number of Heisenberg’s coveted object in Germany?
(a) The Jewish scientists have fled the country
(b) German funding has been cut
(c) The birthrate goes down during wartime
(d) German publications are printing less work
11. What does Bohr consider to have ended before Heisenberg even arrives?
(a) His research
(b) His marriage
(c) Their friendship
(d) The war
12. How many of the object of Heisenberg’s envy exist in the United States?
(a) More than thirty
13. To what does Bohr compare fission?
(a) An hourglass
14. How does Margrethe insult Heisenberg when he first arrives?
(a) She jokes about his wife
(b) She disdains German science
(c) She tells him he looks older
(d) She tells him to leave
15. What inspired the Nazi’s nickname for Heisenberg?
(a) His loyalty to their cause
(b) His interest in atomic physics
(c) His interest in theoretical physics
(d) His mistaken calculations
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Heisenberg currently working?
2. What was unique about the game of cards that Heisenberg recalls?
3. Who is the elder of the scientists?
4. How does Bohr claim he reacted to Heisenberg?
5. What fallacious claim did Bohr initially make about fission?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)