|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time Heisenberg had seen the Bohrs?
(a) Nobody remembers
(b) Two years earlier
(c) Ten years earlier
(d) Four years earlier
2. How long does Heisenberg and Bohr’s present walk in Act I last?
(a) Half an hour
(b) Five minutes
(c) An hour
(d) Ten minutes
3. What does Bohr consider to have ended before Heisenberg even arrives?
(a) His marriage
(b) His research
(c) The war
(d) Their friendship
4. Who accompanied Heisenberg on his 1947 trip to Copenhagen?
(a) His son
(b) His wife
(c) A Gestapo officer
(d) A British intelligence minder
5. Who is Elisabeth?
(a) Bohr’s daughter
(b) Heisenberg’s assistant
(c) Heisenberg’s wife
(d) Heisenberg’s daughter
6. What prevented Heisenberg’s last visit to the Bohrs?
(a) The death of their child
(b) An argument
(c) The outbreak of war
(d) His marriage
7. Where is Heisenberg currently working?
8. Where do Heisenberg and Bohr go first on their latest visit?
(a) Heisenberg’s office
(b) Bohr’s home
(c) For a walk in the park
(d) Bohr’s office
9. How does Bohr claim he reacted to Heisenberg?
(a) With ignorance
(c) With confusion
10. At the beginning of the play, who is visiting whom?
(a) Heisenberg is visiting Bohr
(b) Bohr is visiting Margrethe
(c) Margrethe is visiting Bohr
(d) Bohr is visiting Heisenberg
11. Why does Bohr think Heisenberg’s visit might be apolitical?
(a) Their work is only in theoretical physics
(b) Scientists don’t care about politics
(c) Bohr is a Dane and Heisenberg is a German
(d) They have different political views
12. What did Heisenberg achieve in 1924?
(a) He got married
(b) He learned about the atom
(c) He graduated from college
(d) He finished his doctorate
13. What does Margrethe fear is the inspiration behind Heisenberg’s visit?
14. What happened after the SS brought Heisenberg in for questioning?
(a) They let him go
(b) They beat him
(c) They used him as a spy
(d) They put him in a concentration camp
15. How many of the object of Heisenberg’s envy exist in the United States?
(d) More than thirty
Short Answer Questions
1. What does fission release?
2. In what month did the 1914 meeting actually take place?
3. What does Bohr initially think about Margrethe’s proposed activity?
4. What was unique about the game of cards that Heisenberg recalls?
5. What is the first thing that Heisenberg thinks he will remain famous for?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)