|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bohr consider to have ended before Heisenberg even arrives?
(a) His research
(b) Their friendship
(c) His marriage
(d) The war
2. What does Heisenberg teach that is considered an act of resistance?
(a) Theoretical physics
(c) Atomic physics
3. What fallacious claim did Bohr initially make about fission?
(a) The Americans must master it
(b) Cadmium is unnecessary
(c) It cannot be used to produce weapons
(d) Germany will never understand it
4. When did Bohr make his first big discovery?
5. Other than Leipzig, where else might Heisenberg have gone?
(a) Columbia University or the University of Chicago
(b) Oxford or Cambridge
(c) The University of Copenhagen
(d) The Sorbonne or ENS in Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspired the Nazi’s nickname for Heisenberg?
2. What would the consequences be for Heisenberg if his government knew what he was doing in Copenhagen?
3. In what area did Bohr make his first big discovery?
4. How long did Bohr estimate it would take to produce one gram of U-235?
5. What did Schrödinger’s animal have with it?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)