|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied Heisenberg on his 1947 trip to Copenhagen?
(a) A British intelligence minder
(b) His son
(c) A Gestapo officer
(d) His wife
2. How many of the object of Heisenberg’s envy exist in the United States?
(c) More than thirty
3. When did Heisenberg try and fail to see the Bohrs for the first time?
4. What explanation does Bohr give for the number of Heisenberg’s coveted object in Germany?
(a) The Jewish scientists have fled the country
(b) German publications are printing less work
(c) German funding has been cut
(d) The birthrate goes down during wartime
5. What does one need to fission the least common uranium isotope?
(a) Regular neutrons
(b) Regular protons
(c) Fast protons
(d) Fast neutrons
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heisenberg teach that is considered an act of resistance?
2. What is fired in fission?
3. What area is Bohr the acknowledged expert in?
4. To what does Bohr compare fission?
5. When did Bohr make his first big discovery?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)