|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lycon tell Socrates as he is leaving after the discussion?
2. What does Socrates question Theodote about?
3. What does Socrates believe is part of living a well-ordered life?
4. Why did Euthydemus remove himself from the group according to Socrates?
5. How does Socrates wish to speak of love in subsection eight?
Essay Topic 1
Find two conversations that address the same topic in this collection. Compare and contrast these two anecdotes.
Essay Topic 2
What charges was Socrates accused and convicted of, and how does Xenophon defend Socrates against each of these charges in "Conversations of Socrates"?
Essay Topic 3
What role does religion play in "Conversations of Socrates"? Why is this important to the plot overall?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)