|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Socrates, what is one way to learn what is right?
2. How did Socrates help people when it came to religion?
3. What did Socrates do to make his friends more efficient?
4. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
5. What was the first thing Socrates said his friends needed?
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols used throughout "Conversations of Socrates" to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How would the book be different if Xenophon felt that Socrates deserved to die?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Conversations of Socrates" as an apologia. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical apologia? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as an apologia? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the book as an apologia?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)