|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Socrates explain to Critobulus you can find beauty?
2. What does Socrates believe the Athenians should do?
3. What was the young man focused on that Socrates questions in book 3?
4. How does Xenophon claim Socrates reacted to authority?
5. According to Socrates, what is one way to learn what is right?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Conversations of Socrates" as an apologia. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical apologia? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as an apologia? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the book as an apologia?
Essay Topic 2
What role does religion play in "Conversations of Socrates"? Why is this important to the plot overall?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Ischomachus, and why does Socrates feel he reflects the ideal of the truly good man?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)