|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hermogenes say he retains his friends?
2. Socrates wanted his friends to be well-informed on ___________.
3. What does Socrates talk with Epigenes about in subsection 12?
4. What does Socrates question Theodote about?
5. What does Socrates focus on instead of what is good generally, at the close of Subsection 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Socrates and Xenophon. How are their beliefs and teachings similar and different?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ischomachus, and why does Socrates feel he reflects the ideal of the truly good man?
Essay Topic 3
How is the time and place he lived reflected in Socrates' beliefs?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)