|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xenophon claim no one should believe about Socrates?
2. What does Aristippus try to trap Socrates into claiming?
3. How does Xenophon claim Socrates reacted to authority?
4. Socrates claims that having physical love is no indication of ______________.
5. How does Hermogenes say he retains his friends?
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor people in this book affect the plot? How would this book be different if one or more of these people were removed?
Essay Topic 2
What charges was Socrates accused and convicted of, and how does Xenophon defend Socrates against each of these charges in "Conversations of Socrates"?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Conversations of Socrates" as an apologia. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical apologia? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as an apologia? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the book as an apologia?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)