|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Socrates teach about morality and piety according to Xenophon?
(a) By setting an example of what not to do.
(b) With complicated metaphors.
(c) By teaching and following it.
(d) By writing songs.
2. Why did Dionysodorous come to Athens in Book 3?
(a) To kill Socrates.
(b) To teach military command.
(c) To seek financial help.
(d) To save his soul.
3. What does Socrates focus on instead of what is good generally, at the close of Subsection 8?
(a) He focuses on what things are good for what purpose.
(b) He focuses on the evils of his fellow man.
(c) He focuses on his godly nature.
(d) He focuses on the good he has done.
4. How did Socrates help people when it came to religion?
(a) He warned them to stay away from it.
(b) He freed them from its bondage.
(c) He helped them think clearly about it.
(d) He showed them the gods in person.
5. How does Hermogenes say he retains his friends?
(a) By holding their money from them.
(b) By praising them and returning their good works.
(c) By paying them.
(d) By feeding them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates conclude about the terms right and lawful?
2. Whom does Socrates claim makes what is right into what is lawful?
3. What does Socrates claim all of the men should demonstrate?
4. Socrates reasons the world was designed for ______________.
5. What did Socrates do to make his friends more efficient?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)