|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Socrates, what is one way to learn what is right?
(a) By trial and error.
(b) By asking your parents.
(c) By following the laws of the state.
(d) By doing wrong.
2. How did Socrates help people when it came to religion?
(a) He warned them to stay away from it.
(b) He showed them the gods in person.
(c) He freed them from its bondage.
(d) He helped them think clearly about it.
3. What did Socrates do to make his friends more efficient?
(a) Gave them better tools.
(b) Did their work for them.
(c) Urged them to have self-discipline.
(d) Freed them from all labor.
4. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
(a) He would like to kill him.
(b) He has high hopes for his generalship.
(c) He can't stand him.
(d) He believes him to be the most pious of all people.
5. What was the first thing Socrates said his friends needed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates discuss with Charmides at the start of subsection 7?
2. How does Socrates teach people with good ambitions according to Xenophon in Book 3?
3. What does Socrates say will allow Antisthenes to gain the needed capacities?
4. What did the bachelors vow to do after seeing the couple's passionate kissing?
5. According to Socrates, what happens to physical love as we age?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)