|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates do to Euthydemus to convince him he needs to be wiser?
(a) He confuses him in conversation.
(b) He speaks in tongues.
(c) He tells him the gods told him so.
(d) He bests him in a fight.
2. What does Socrates praise Euthydemus for in spite of previously chiding him?
(a) His generous gift.
(b) His tidy house.
(c) His interest in achieving wisdom.
(d) His cooking ability.
3. What does Socrates believe about courage?
(a) It is solely a learned trait.
(b) It is largely innate but can be learned.
(c) It is his greatest virtue.
(d) It does not exist.
4. How did Socrates teach about morality and piety according to Xenophon?
(a) By writing songs.
(b) By setting an example of what not to do.
(c) With complicated metaphors.
(d) By teaching and following it.
5. What does Lycon tell Socrates as he is leaving after the discussion?
(a) He believes Socrates is truly a good man.
(b) He is in love with him.
(c) He thinks Socrates is a fool.
(d) He is too drunk to walk home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What features do not fade according to Socrates?
2. What made Euthydemus feel wise?
3. What does Socrates believe the Athenians should do?
4. How does Charmides act around the weakest of people according to Socrates?
5. What was the person Socrates chided upset about?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)