|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermogenes delight in?
(a) The goodness and influence of his friends.
(b) Military victory.
(c) The ruination of others.
(d) The stature he has attained.
2. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
(a) He should have a more expansive view of his job.
(b) He is meant to lead a revolt.
(c) There is no God.
(d) There is a plot against his life.
3. What does Socrates claim is easier about love for the mind?
(a) It is easier to fake.
(b) It is easier to live without.
(c) It is easier to reciprocate.
(d) It requires little work.
4. What does Socrates conclude about the terms right and lawful?
(a) They are opposites.
(b) He does not understand them.
(c) They have no relation to real life.
(d) They have the same meaning.
5. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) Socrates' grave.
(b) An Athenian dinner party.
(c) A shrine to the gods.
(d) An abandoned temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Socrates explain to Critobulus you can find beauty?
2. How does Socrates teach people with good ambitions according to Xenophon in Book 3?
3. What was Niceratus proud he could do?
4. What does Xenophon feel Socrates could do based on individual's needs?
5. What does Aristippus try to trap Socrates into claiming?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)