|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
(a) He has high hopes for his generalship.
(b) He can't stand him.
(c) He believes him to be the most pious of all people.
(d) He would like to kill him.
2. What are the main themes of Chapter 3?
(a) Revolt is the only answer.
(b) The love affair of Xenophon.
(c) Socrates should be remembered as a god.
(d) The nature of love and Socrates' ideal true goodness.
3. Charmides claims the combination of young beauty and music make him think of _____________.
(d) The gods.
4. What does Hermogenes delight in?
(a) The goodness and influence of his friends.
(b) Military victory.
(c) The stature he has attained.
(d) The ruination of others.
5. Whom does Socrates have a discussion with about right conduct in subsection 4?
(b) Hippias of Elis.
(d) The Oracle of Delphi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates do to Euthydemus to convince him he needs to be wiser?
2. Socrates reasons the world was designed for ______________.
3. What does Socrates say about homosexuality?
4. What does Socrates argue men should rank over physical love?
5. What was Niceratus proud he could do?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)