|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Socrates wanted his friends to be well-informed on ___________.
(a) His teachings.
(b) Many various subjects.
(c) Military strategy.
(d) The gods.
2. How does Charmides act around the weakest of people according to Socrates?
(a) He is too hard on them.
(b) He is too shy.
(c) He acts insane.
(d) He speaks too loudly.
3. What does Socrates praise Euthydemus for in spite of previously chiding him?
(a) His interest in achieving wisdom.
(b) His generous gift.
(c) His cooking ability.
(d) His tidy house.
4. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
(a) He is meant to lead a revolt.
(b) There is no God.
(c) He should have a more expansive view of his job.
(d) There is a plot against his life.
5. What features do not fade according to Socrates?
(a) Those we alter.
(b) Those we do not have.
(c) Those which come from loving a person's mind.
(d) Those which we do not use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Socrates reasons the world was designed for ______________.
2. What does Socrates do to help Glaucon become a head of state?
3. What does Socrates conclude about the terms right and lawful?
4. What was the person Socrates chided upset about?
5. How does Hermogenes say he retains his friends?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)