1. Why does the Editor present Socrates Defense first?
He believes it is Xenophon's first Socratic dialogue.
2. What does the author point out about his Socratic writings in Chapter 1?
They were written with the express purpose of defending Socrates.
3. How does Plato compare to Xenophon as a philosopher?
Plato is a better philosopher.
4. Ultimately, what is Socrates' Defense?
A pamphlet as opposed to a book.
5. What are the main charges against Socrates?
Not recognizing the gods of the State, introducing new deities, and corrupting the young.
This section contains 5,098 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)