Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1, Socrates' Defense
1. Why does the Editor present Socrates Defense first?
2. What does the author point out about his Socratic writings in Chapter 1?
3. How does Plato compare to Xenophon as a philosopher?
4. Ultimately, what is Socrates' Defense?
5. What are the main charges against Socrates?
6. When did Socrates think about his defense?
7. What does Plato think of Socrates' defense at the trial?
8. What had Socrates decided that made him appear arrogant, according to Xenophon?
9. Who is Hermogenes' father?
10. What does Hermogenes claim could be the outcome of the trial?
11. What does Socrates say is the best defense he could have?
This section contains 1,896 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)