|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Estate-Manager.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Socrates' friends doing that mystified him?
(a) Crying as he was led away.
(b) Calling him God.
(c) Chanting his name.
(d) Praying for his release.
2. What does Xenophon argue the city of Athens should do to Socrates?
(a) Execute him.
(b) Praise him for his good deeds.
(c) Revere him as a god.
(d) Banish him from the city.
3. What does Socrates do to help Glaucon become a head of state?
(a) Supports him publicly.
(b) Instructs him to become wise.
(c) Sacrifices to the gods on his behalf.
(d) Places a bribe on his behalf.
4. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
(a) He can't stand him.
(b) He has high hopes for his generalship.
(c) He would like to kill him.
(d) He believes him to be the most pious of all people.
5. What does Socrates emphasize about the outcome of the trial?
(a) The fates would protect him.
(b) It was never a fair trial.
(c) Everyone dies eventually.
(d) He wished to become a martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates talk with Epigenes about in subsection 12?
2. What is Chapter 4 lacking although it concerns economics?
3. What was the first thing Socrates said his friends needed?
4. What did Socrates do to make his friends more efficient?
5. What additional virtue is Socrates credited with having?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)