|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Estate-Manager.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charmides claims the combination of young beauty and music make him think of _____________.
(b) The gods.
2. What does Ischomachus explain to Socrates makes someone a good foreman?
(a) Knowledge of the land.
(b) A merciless whip.
(c) The ability to entertain his workers.
(d) Regard for the laws of nature.
3. Socrates wanted his friends to be well-informed on ___________.
(a) His teachings.
(b) The gods.
(c) Military strategy.
(d) Many various subjects.
4. What does Xenophon feel Socrates could do based on individual's needs?
(a) Predict the person's future.
(b) Make the person a formidable soldier.
(c) Adjust his aid accordingly.
(d) Instruct the person in the ways of the gods.
5. Socrates reasons the world was designed for ______________.
(a) The strong and mighty.
(b) Testing man's resilience.
(c) The good of man.
(d) His personal gain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meletus claim Socrates caused the youth to do?
2. Who brought the charges against Socrates?
3. What does Socrates claim being a good ruler means?
4. What makes an asset an asset according to Chapter 4?
5. What does Socrates say about homosexuality?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)