|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Estate-Manager.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author point out about his Socratic writings in Chapter 1?
(a) They are not his best work.
(b) They are meant to slander Socrates.
(c) They were written with the express purpose of defending Socrates.
(d) He plagiarized large portions of it.
2. What are you compelled to do if you admire the goodness of another according to Socrates?
(a) Act violently towards others.
(b) Question their motives.
(c) Repent your sins.
(d) Act well to preserve the beloved's goodness.
3. Whom does Socrates describe as soft?
(a) Charmides' children.
(b) The soldiers of Greece.
(c) Those that do not use their talents to serve their country.
(d) The police force in Athens.
4. Socrates claims he is not a slave to __________.
(a) Any religion.
(b) His bodily desires.
(c) The wages of death.
(d) The government.
5. What does Socrates say should not be avoided completely on the path of liberty?
(b) Reverence to the government.
(d) The passions and vices one has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates do to make his friends more efficient?
2. Who brought the charges against Socrates?
3. What is Crito able to use to his advantage in subsection 9?
4. What are the main themes of Chapter 3?
5. What was the person Socrates chided upset about?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)