|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Estate-Manager.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Socrates have a discussion with about right conduct in subsection 4?
(b) The Oracle of Delphi.
(c) Hippias of Elis.
2. In the second subsection of Book 1, what does Xenophon deny Socrates has done?
(a) Bribed him for protection.
(b) Had a negative effect on the youth.
(c) Met the Oracle of Delphi.
(d) Spoke to the gods.
3. What does Socrates tell Critobulus should be valued above all else?
(a) Good friends.
4. What does Plato think of Socrates' defense at the trial?
(a) It is based on falsehoods.
(b) It echoes his own thoughts.
(c) He has an arrogant tone.
(d) It is utter nonsense.
5. What does Socrates argue men should rank over physical love?
(a) Love of God.
(b) Love of money.
(c) Love of mind.
(d) Love of parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates praise in a homily to show that he loved virtue?
2. What did Socrates do as President of the Assembly?
3. How did Socrates teach about morality and piety according to Xenophon?
4. What does Socrates discuss with Charmides at the start of subsection 7?
5. What are the main charges against Socrates?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)