|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Meletus see Socrates doing?
(a) Talking to spies.
(b) Starting to escape.
(c) Sacrificing to the gods.
(d) Eating on the holy day.
2. What does Xenophon report he overheard Socrates telling a friend?
(a) To work harder.
(b) To always honor the gods.
(c) To avoid worshipping the gods.
(d) To not be distressed by poverty.
3. What does Socrates argue no one has done because of him?
(a) Committed treason.
(c) Stopped worshiping the gods.
(d) Deserted the army.
4. According to Socrates, why was he not introducing new deities?
(a) He had heard of the new deities from foreigners.
(b) He had a prophetic dream.
(c) One of the gods had spoken to him.
(d) He refused to give a reason.
5. How does Socrates teach people with good ambitions according to Xenophon in Book 3?
(a) He tells them a story of the devil.
(b) He tells them jokes.
(c) He teaches them to apply themselves.
(d) He lectures them constantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Socrates talking to Nicomachides about at the start of subsection 4?
2. What does Xenophon argue that Socrates has never done?
3. How did Socrates help people when it came to religion?
4. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
5. Whom does Socrates wish to help in his conversation with Aristippus in subsection 8?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)