|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xenophon confused by in the first subsection of Book 1?
(a) The meaning Socrates is trying to convey.
(b) The military presence surrounding Socrates.
(c) The importance of Socrates' trial.
(d) The accusation that Socrates is guilty of the charges.
2. How do the books show Socrates delivering his message to people?
(a) He uses a series of paintings.
(b) He writes people letters.
(c) He uses homilies to deliver his message.
(d) He delivers his message through song.
3. Subsection 8 shows Socrates interacting with ___________.
(b) A young beggar on the street.
(c) His friend Eutherus.
(d) New deities.
4. According to Socrates, what is his financial situation?
(a) He is not in debt.
(b) He is wealthy beyond necessity.
(c) He owes many debts.
(d) He is a financial hardship to his friends.
5. What does Xenophon discuss with Critobulus in Subsection 6?
(a) His fear of death.
(b) How one should acquire friends.
(c) The fate of Socrates.
(d) A book he had read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Socrates prophesy about in Chapter 1?
2. What does Socrates do to help Glaucon become a head of state?
3. How did Socrates teach about morality and piety according to Xenophon?
4. What does Socrates do to help people avoid mistakes and to teach others?
5. What were Socrates' friends doing that mystified him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)