|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates believe is part of living a well-ordered life?
(a) Staying awake.
(b) A vow of silence.
(c) Drinking to excess.
(d) Good eating.
2. What made Euthydemus feel wise?
(a) He had battlefield skills..
(b) He had made the decision to flee Greece.
(c) He had read the writings of poets and sages.
(d) He had a vision from the gods.
3. What does Socrates say is part of the job of a good general?
(a) Sacrificing himself to curry favor from the gods.
(b) Spreading the teachings of the gods.
(c) Merciless killing.
(d) Securing the happiness of his followers.
4. What did Socrates prophesy about in Chapter 1?
(a) A victory in battle.
(b) Anytus' future.
(c) His own fate.
(d) The fall of Greece.
5. Socrates argues the gods are concerned with ____________.
(a) Human welfare.
(b) The government.
(c) Their own splendor.
(d) Power and might.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Socrates' view on democracy?
2. What does Socrates teach Crito in subsection 9?
3. What was the person Socrates chided upset about?
4. What does Socrates focus on instead of what is good generally, at the close of Subsection 8?
5. What does Socrates say should not be avoided completely on the path of liberty?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)