|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Socrates encourage people to do?
(a) Enjoy their worldly possessions.
(b) Denounce false gods.
(c) Follow what they thought was right and develop their talents.
(d) Rebel against the government.
2. What did Critias and Alcibiades control while under Socrates tutelage?
(a) Their natural vices.
(b) All the wealth in Athens.
(c) Socrates' finances.
(d) The fate of all of Greece.
3. According to Xenophon, who are examples of good men Socrates has taught?
(a) Pericles and Meletus.
(b) Plato and himself.
(c) Critias and Alcibiades.
(d) Crito and Cebes.
4. What is Xenophon explaining at the onset of subsection 4?
(a) His role in the trial of Socrates.
(b) An argument he had with Plato.
(c) Socrates' views on friendship.
(d) Reasons to execute Socrates.
5. At the start of subsection 3, whom does Socrates advise according to Xenophon?
(a) Two brothers, Chaerephon and Chaerecrates.
(c) The Oracle of Delphi.
(d) His nieces and nephews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Subsection 8 shows Socrates interacting with ___________.
2. What does Xenophon argue Socrates could not lead people to do?
3. Who does Alcibiades have a discussion with about the nature of law?
4. According to Socrates, why was he not introducing new deities?
5. Who asked the Oracle at Delphi about Socrates?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)