|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Socrates reference when illustrating his beliefs on suffering?
(a) He references Xenophon.
(b) He references Meletus.
(c) He references Plato.
(d) He references Heracles.
2. What does Socrates teach Crito in subsection 9?
(a) How to escape from prison.
(b) How to find refuge from social interaction.
(c) A new recipe for wine.
(d) How to sing.
3. What does Socrates claim he bears none of although his opponents do?
(a) He bears no ill will.
(b) He bears no false witness.
(c) He bears no burden of proof.
(d) He bears no shame.
4. What does Critobulus worry about good men?
(a) They are deceiving the world.
(b) They are only good due to wealth.
(c) They have malicious intentions.
(d) They often quarrel and treat each other poorly.
5. What does Socrates say is the best defense he could have?
(a) A pocketful of money.
(b) His cunning and wit.
(c) Having done nothing wrong.
(d) His fists.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Socrates think about his defense?
2. Why does Socrates tell Aristodemus the gods deserve esteem?
3. When in his life is Xenophon reported to have written the memoirs?
4. Socrates believes Lamprocles has ample reason to be grateful to _____________.
5. What is the main theme of the Memoirs?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)