|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Socrates teach Crito in subsection 9?
(a) How to find refuge from social interaction.
(b) A new recipe for wine.
(c) How to sing.
(d) How to escape from prison.
2. What does the editor believe about the validity of the writings?
(a) They are completely accurate.
(b) They are meant to be laughed at.
(c) The writings are a hoax.
(d) The writings are quasi-fictional.
3. What did Socrates believe about the gods that led to his great respect for them?
(a) They protected him from harm.
(b) They were omniscient.
(c) They spoke to him continuously.
(d) He was equal to them.
4. What does Socrates tell Critobulus should be valued above all else?
(b) Good friends.
5. What does Xenophon argue Socrates could not lead people to do?
(a) Completely live in a truly good fashion.
(b) Lead a revolt in Athens.
(c) Commit sacrilege.
(d) Work in his garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of subsection 7, what does Xenophon relate Socrates has done for his friends?
2. Whom does Socrates reference when illustrating his beliefs on suffering?
3. Ultimately, what is Socrates' Defense?
4. What does the Oracle of Delphi have to say about Socrates?
5. What does Xenophon note about Socrates' prophecy?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)