|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of subsection 3, whom does Socrates advise according to Xenophon?
(a) Two brothers, Chaerephon and Chaerecrates.
(b) His nieces and nephews.
(d) The Oracle of Delphi.
2. What were Socrates' friends doing that mystified him?
(a) Calling him God.
(b) Praying for his release.
(c) Crying as he was led away.
(d) Chanting his name.
3. What did the gods oppose Socrates doing in his own view?
(a) Working on his defense.
(b) Using force to defend himself.
(d) Showing humility.
4. According to Socrates, what is his financial situation?
(a) He owes many debts.
(b) He is not in debt.
(c) He is a financial hardship to his friends.
(d) He is wealthy beyond necessity.
5. Whom is Lamprocles becoming angry with that causes Socrates to teach him?
(a) The government.
(b) The gods.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Socrates teach his associates they should act in respect to food, drink, sex, and sleep?
2. What additional virtue is Socrates credited with having?
3. What does the editor emphasize should not prevent you from using worldly goods?
4. What did Socrates believe about the gods that led to his great respect for them?
5. How does Xenophon divide the Memoirs of Socrates?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)