|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Socrates' Defense.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, what is Socrates' Defense?
(a) A work of religious greatness.
(b) A pamphlet as opposed to a book.
(c) A guide to life.
(d) A testament to hard work.
2. What does Plato think of Socrates' defense at the trial?
(a) It echoes his own thoughts.
(b) He has an arrogant tone.
(c) It is based on falsehoods.
(d) It is utter nonsense.
3. Whom does Socrates claim people should listen to if they are sick?
(a) Their parents.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The gods.
(d) No one.
4. What is Socrates' disposition as he is being led away?
(a) He is extremely sad.
(b) He is trembling.
(c) He is overcome with rage.
(d) He is cheerful.
5. Socrates claims he is not a slave to __________.
(a) The government.
(b) The wages of death.
(c) His bodily desires.
(d) Any religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Plato compare to Xenophon as a philosopher?
2. Who is Hermogenes' father?
3. According to Socrates, what is his financial situation?
4. What does Hermogenes claim could be the outcome of the trial?
5. What does Socrates argue no one has done because of him?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)