|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xenophon believe Socrates thought about all virtues?
(a) They are the same.
(b) They are beyond human comprehension.
(c) He was above them.
(d) They are a myth.
2. What does Socrates discuss with Charmides at the start of subsection 7?
(a) Their plans to take over the world.
(b) Crimes of passion.
(c) How to win in athletic competitions.
(d) How to become wealthy.
3. What does Xenophon argue that Socrates has never done?
(a) Sacrificed to the gods.
(b) Uttered a heretical word.
(c) Listened to others.
(d) Obeyed laws.
4. What are the standards of virtue as seen by Socrates?
(a) Time management and athletic ability.
(b) Wealth and slave owning.
(c) Patience is the only virtue according to Socrates.
(d) Wisdom, justice, self-control, and piety.
5. How does Socrates teach his associates they should act in respect to food, drink, sex, and sleep?
(a) They should live to excess.
(b) They should fear them.
(c) They should be self-disciplined.
(d) They should disregard these vices as unnecessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Socrates' friends doing that mystified him?
2. How did Socrates benefit his associates and friends?
3. What does Socrates question Theodote about?
4. Whom was Callias strongly attracted to in Chapter 3?
5. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)