|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What features do not fade according to Socrates?
(a) Those we alter.
(b) Those which we do not use.
(c) Those we do not have.
(d) Those which come from loving a person's mind.
2. What does Socrates claim is easier about love for the mind?
(a) It is easier to fake.
(b) It is easier to reciprocate.
(c) It is easier to live without.
(d) It requires little work.
3. What makes the Memoirs of Socrates hard to date?
(a) Socrates himself denounced the writings.
(b) The document is in pieces.
(c) It is written with horrible grammar.
(d) The conversations are poorly organized.
4. What does Socrates tell Critobulus he should do to deserve good people in his life?
(a) Ignore the views of the government.
(b) Sacrifice himself to the gods.
(c) Make himself a good man.
(d) Buy his friends.
5. What is Xenophon confused by in the first subsection of Book 1?
(a) The meaning Socrates is trying to convey.
(b) The importance of Socrates' trial.
(c) The accusation that Socrates is guilty of the charges.
(d) The military presence surrounding Socrates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
2. According to Socrates, what happens to physical love as we age?
3. What does Socrates tell Euthydemus about people without self-discipline?
4. What does Xenophon claim no one should believe about Socrates?
5. Socrates wanted his friends to be well-informed on ___________.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)