|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought the charges against Socrates?
(a) The Athenian people led by Meletus.
(b) The Spartans led by Xenophon.
(c) The Oracle of Delphi.
(d) Plato and his followers.
2. What does Socrates cite for the court to hear?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His virtues.
(c) The words the god spoke to him.
(d) The laws of Greece.
3. What does Socrates talk with Epigenes about in subsection 12?
(a) His poor physical condition.
(b) His snobby attitude.
(c) A job he has in mind for him.
(d) The afterlife.
4. Whom does Socrates wish to help in his conversation with Aristippus in subsection 8?
(a) The children of Aristippus.
(b) Those listening to the conversation.
5. Who comes to entertain the men at Callias' dinner?
(a) A singing group.
(d) A group of actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xenophon argue that Socrates has never done?
2. How did Critias and Alcibiades do great damage to Athens?
3. What does Socrates say is part of the job of a good general?
4. What does Socrates say should not be avoided completely on the path of liberty?
5. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)