|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Critias and Alcibiades control while under Socrates tutelage?
(a) Socrates' finances.
(b) All the wealth in Athens.
(c) Their natural vices.
(d) The fate of all of Greece.
2. What is Xenophon confused by in the first subsection of Book 1?
(a) The military presence surrounding Socrates.
(b) The accusation that Socrates is guilty of the charges.
(c) The importance of Socrates' trial.
(d) The meaning Socrates is trying to convey.
3. What does Socrates say will allow Antisthenes to gain the needed capacities?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His fearlessness.
(c) His focus on winning.
(d) His piety.
4. What does Socrates cite for the court to hear?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) The laws of Greece.
(c) The words the god spoke to him.
(d) His virtues.
5. Socrates claims that having physical love is no indication of ______________.
(a) Your intelligence.
(b) Virtue of any kind.
(c) Your goals in life.
(d) Your general health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Lamprocles becoming angry with that causes Socrates to teach him?
2. At the start of subsection 7, what does Xenophon relate Socrates has done for his friends?
3. Who brought the charges against Socrates?
4. What does Socrates try and convince Dionysodorous of in Book 3?
5. What did Socrates prophesy about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)