|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Xenophon confused by in the first subsection of Book 1?
(a) The accusation that Socrates is guilty of the charges.
(b) The military presence surrounding Socrates.
(c) The meaning Socrates is trying to convey.
(d) The importance of Socrates' trial.
2. What did the gods oppose Socrates doing in his own view?
(b) Showing humility.
(c) Working on his defense.
(d) Using force to defend himself.
3. According to Socrates,what has not corrupted the youth?
(a) The government.
(b) His practice of virtue.
(c) The texts they have read.
(d) The food they eat.
4. What did Socrates prophesy about in Chapter 1?
(a) The fall of Greece.
(b) Anytus' future.
(c) His own fate.
(d) A victory in battle.
5. When in his life is Xenophon reported to have written the memoirs?
(a) Xenophon did not do the writings himself.
(b) Xenophon reportedly wrote them as a young man.
(c) It is believed Xenophon wrote them late in his life.
(d) The memoirs are supposedly written posthumously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Socrates claim people should listen to if they are sick?
2. In subsection 10, Socrates talks to _____________to show he cares for their interests.
3. How did Socrates benefit his associates and friends?
4. What was the young man focused on that Socrates questions in book 3?
5. What does the Oracle of Delphi have to say about Socrates?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)