|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Socrates think about his defense?
(a) When he was summoned for the trial.
(b) All of the time.
(c) For one week in a cell.
(d) For three months prior to the trial.
2. What did Socrates believe about the gods that led to his great respect for them?
(a) He was equal to them.
(b) They were omniscient.
(c) They spoke to him continuously.
(d) They protected him from harm.
3. How does Plato compare to Xenophon as a philosopher?
(a) They are too similar to compare.
(b) Plato is inferior to Xenophon.
(c) Plato is a better philosopher.
(d) They are about equal.
4. What does Socrates emphasize about the outcome of the trial?
(a) He wished to become a martyr.
(b) The fates would protect him.
(c) It was never a fair trial.
(d) Everyone dies eventually.
5. What did the gods oppose Socrates doing in his own view?
(a) Showing humility.
(c) Using force to defend himself.
(d) Working on his defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates believe the Athenians should do?
2. What does the Oracle of Delphi have to say about Socrates?
3. What is Xenophon explaining at the onset of subsection 4?
4. According to Socrates,what has not corrupted the youth?
5. What does Socrates say should not be avoided completely on the path of liberty?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)