|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Memoirs of Socrates, Book Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xenophon believe Socrates thought about all virtues?
(a) They are a myth.
(b) They are the same.
(c) He was above them.
(d) They are beyond human comprehension.
2. Ultimately, what is Socrates' Defense?
(a) A testament to hard work.
(b) A pamphlet as opposed to a book.
(c) A guide to life.
(d) A work of religious greatness.
3. What additional virtue is Socrates credited with having?
(a) He is a brilliant alchemist.
(b) The virtue of silence.
(c) The ability to perform magic.
(d) The ability to teach others.
4. What does Socrates question Theodote about?
(a) Her thoughts on marriage.
(b) Her religious practices.
(c) Her allegiance to Greece.
(d) How she finds friends.
5. What are the main charges against Socrates?
(a) Revolutionary writings, murder of three men, and sacrificing too little to the gods.
(b) Not recognizing the gods of the State, introducing new deities, and corrupting the young.
(c) Treason against the State, kidnapping of a princess, and defiling a temple.
(d) Freeing prisoners from jail, disrespecting the State in public, and theft of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Meletus see Socrates doing?
2. What does Socrates praise in a homily to show that he loved virtue?
3. How does Socrates teach people with good ambitions according to Xenophon in Book 3?
4. What is the general point of Book 2?
5. What does Socrates teach Crito in subsection 9?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)