|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xenophon believe Socrates thought about all virtues?
(a) They are beyond human comprehension.
(b) They are the same.
(c) They are a myth.
(d) He was above them.
2. What does Hermogenes say drunkenness is in subsection six?
(a) The best way to live life.
(b) Annoying one's companions.
(c) Man's only solace.
(d) A horrific crime.
3. What does Socrates claim is easier about love for the mind?
(a) It requires little work.
(b) It is easier to live without.
(c) It is easier to fake.
(d) It is easier to reciprocate.
4. Where does Chapter 3 take place?
(a) Socrates' grave.
(b) A shrine to the gods.
(c) An abandoned temple.
(d) An Athenian dinner party.
5. Whom does Socrates describe as soft?
(a) Charmides' children.
(b) The soldiers of Greece.
(c) The police force in Athens.
(d) Those that do not use their talents to serve their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dionysodorous come to Athens in Book 3?
2. How does Xenophon divide the Memoirs of Socrates?
3. How does Socrates feel about Pericles (the younger)?
4. Whom does Socrates wish to help in his conversation with Aristippus in subsection 8?
5. What does the editor emphasize should not prevent you from using worldly goods?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)