|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Dinner-Party.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the books show Socrates delivering his message to people?
(a) He delivers his message through song.
(b) He uses homilies to deliver his message.
(c) He uses a series of paintings.
(d) He writes people letters.
2. What does Aristippus try to trap Socrates into claiming?
(a) Something conditionally good is unqualified good.
(b) He is a god.
(c) Evil is the only true good.
(d) He should be a general.
3. What event does Xenophon describe to begin his story?
(a) A great flood.
(b) A marriage he attended.
(c) A funeral for his father.
(d) The horse race at the Great Panathenaic Festival.
4. What is Socrates' view on democracy?
(a) He found it silly.
(b) He thought it the best way to run a country.
(c) He thought it needed to be implemented instantly.
(d) He had never heard of it.
5. What was the person Socrates chided upset about?
(a) His place in life.
(b) The failure of his crops.
(c) The infidelity of his wife.
(d) Someone who did not return his greeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates say about homosexuality?
2. Whom does Socrates wish to help in his conversation with Aristippus in subsection 8?
3. What did Socrates believe about the gods that led to his great respect for them?
4. Charmides claims the combination of young beauty and music make him think of _____________.
5. How does Socrates wish to speak of love in subsection eight?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)