|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arts and their Interpretation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does postmodern influence portray existence?
(a) As interdependent.
(b) As individual.
(c) As chaotic.
(d) As communal.
2. Where do government policies typically originate, in Wilson's account?
(a) In politicians' thinking.
(b) In popular consensus.
(c) In experts in each field or region.
(d) In majority rule.
3. What does Wilson mean by the Ionian Enchantment'?
(a) Belief in a historical process.
(b) Belief in a transcendent spirit.
(c) Belief in the multiplicity of forms.
(d) Belief in the unity of species.
4. What does Wilson offer as evidence of cross-cultural epi-genetic rules?
(a) Regional cuisine.
(b) Mating rituals.
5. What beneficial uses can incest have in cultures, in Durham's account?
(a) It produces scapegoats and criminals.
(b) It tests the laws.
(c) It produces heroes and giants.
(d) It provides evidence of aristocracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does postmodernism fail to accord with science, in Edmund Wilson's account?
2. Where do science and the arts both originate, according to Wilson?
3. After considering all the different contexts for ants' communication, how does Wilson describe their form of communication?
4. What political movement did Condorcet inspire?
5. How do Gnostics and alchemists view snakes?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)