|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Arts and their Interpretation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wilson develop the idea of unified learning?
(a) During his science studies.
(b) During his childhood.
(c) In his writings on religion.
(d) In his research on ants.
2. What does local positivism fail to distinguish between, in Wilson's narration?
(a) Concept and fact.
(b) Material and ideal.
(c) Natural science and social science.
(d) Past and future.
3. How do nerve cells in the brain connect?
(a) Through synapses.
(b) Through neurons.
(c) Through axons.
(d) Through dendrites.
4. What does Edmund Wilson credit human nature with altering?
(a) Technological influences.
(c) The environment.
(d) Epigenetic rules.
5. What force did John Locke believe in, in Wilson's account?
(a) The damaging force of society.
(b) The civilizing force of discipline.
(c) The nurturing force of the environment.
(d) The therapeutic force of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wilson's relationship with the term 'Consilience'?
2. How does Wilson describe the strength of the French Revolution?
3. What does Wilson credit animals with being able to see?
4. Einstein recognized what in his discoveries, in Wilson's account?
5. What field does Wilson say philosophers and scientists should collaborate in?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)