|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fitness of Human Nature.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does Wilson say evolution had?
(a) It revealed the mechanism of God's working.
(b) It ended the importance of religion.
(c) It changed the classification of animals.
(d) It changed the social order among men.
2. How can science help us, in Wilson's account?
(a) Science can expand the limits of what we can see.
(b) Science can reveal the extent of human powerlessness.
(c) Science can show us how our impressions are created by our feelings.
(d) Science can give us better stories to tell about psychological nature.
3. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
(d) de Sade.
4. When did the Enlightenment end, in Wilson's account?
5. What does science try to integrate, in Wilson's account?
(a) Systems of explaining phenomena.
(b) Elements of systems.
(c) The foundations of different sciences.
(d) The history of science.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wilson say matters in science?
2. What does Edmund Wilson say cultures are made of?
3. Wilson says that biological classification is based on the "Origin of Species" and what?
4. What is kin selection?
5. What accomplishment does Wilson say Einstein strove for in his work?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)