|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ariadne's Thread.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the unification of intellectual work have its benefit, in Wilson's account?
(a) In philosophy.
(b) In the future.
(c) In environmental policy.
(d) In politics.
2. What does Wilson say evidence from the natural sciences says about Enlightenment thinkers?
(a) They made correct assumptions about the evolution of species.
(b) They made correct assumptions about the nature of divinity.
(c) They made correct assumptions about the material world.
(d) They made correct assumptions about the presence of dinosaurs.
3. According to complexity theory, what is the result of living on the edge of chaos?
4. What did Freud focus on, in his investigation of dreams?
(a) The role of the self's desire for power.
(b) The role of the unconscious.
(c) The role of original traumas.
(d) The role of infant sexual experience.
5. What did Enlightenment thinkers tried to link, in Wilson's account?
(a) Science and humanities.
(b) Reason and religion.
(c) Humanity and philosophy.
(d) Man and animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interpret does Wilson give the myth of Icarus?
2. Under what circumstances are theories accepted universally?
3. Einstein recognized what in his discoveries, in Wilson's account?
4. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
5. Where do government policies typically originate, in Wilson's account?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)