|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ariadne's Thread.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the laws of physics transcend, in Wilson's account?
2. What political movement did Condorcet inspire?
(a) The abolition of slavery in French colonies.
(b) The American Revolution.
(c) The abolition of slavery in the New World.
(d) The French Revolution.
3. What does Wilson say the standards that measure scientific knowledge should be based on?
(c) Something real.
4. What benefit does Wilson say consilience has?
(a) It provides a Rosetta Stone for the sciences.
(b) It allows facts and theories to be tested.
(c) It describes the humanities in scientific terms.
(d) It translates science into humanities and vice versa.
5. What is the only way to get a clear picture of the world, in Wilson's account?
(a) To integrate natural science with social sciences and humanities.
(b) To divorce the natural science from social sciences.
(c) To add philosophy and ethics to all natural sciences.
(d) To separate humanities from natural science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the images of snakes in dreams likely come from, in Wilson's account?
2. How did Locke distinguish between culture and history?
3. What does Wilson credit animals with being able to see?
4. How does Wilson explain the ideal scientist's work ethic?
5. Where does Wilson propose to test the benefit of consilience?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)