|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ariadne's Thread.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field does Wilson say philosophers and scientists should collaborate in?
(a) Biology and social sciences.
(b) Urban planning.
(c) International relations.
(d) Conflict resolution.
2. What is the only way to get a clear picture of the world, in Wilson's account?
(a) To add philosophy and ethics to all natural sciences.
(b) To divorce the natural science from social sciences.
(c) To separate humanities from natural science.
(d) To integrate natural science with social sciences and humanities.
3. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
(d) de Sade.
4. How does Wilson explain the ideal scientist's work ethic?
(a) Think like whales, work like minnows.
(b) Think like children, work like fathers.
(c) Think like eagles, work like ants.
(d) Think like poets, work like bookkeepers.
5. What religion was Wilson born into?
(b) Southern Baptism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does consilience work?
2. What does science seek, in Wilson's account?
3. Where does the unification of intellectual work have its benefit, in Wilson's account?
4. What did Enlightenment thinkers tried to link, in Wilson's account?
5. What does Wilson credit animals with being able to see?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)