|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Great Branches of Learning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical assumption underlay the notion that evolution followed simple laws?
2. What accomplishment does Wilson say Einstein strove for in his work?
(a) Locate the missing mass in the universe.
(b) Express the universe in a mathematical formula.
(c) Unify space, time and motion.
(d) Find the singularity at the beginning of the universe.
3. What did Enlightenment thinkers tried to link, in Wilson's account?
(a) Humanity and philosophy.
(b) Reason and religion.
(c) Science and humanities.
(d) Man and animal.
4. What might be a consequence of the unification of knowledge, in Wilson's account?
(a) Streamlined education.
(b) New fields of exploration.
(c) A better understanding of ourselves.
(d) A new sense of what divides mankind against itself.
5. What two fields did Wilson connect in his theory of unified learning?
(a) Philosophy and evolution.
(b) Evolution and genetics.
(c) Classification and evolution.
(d) Epistemology and religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilson characterize the relationship between ecology and ethics?
2. Who proposed the idea of unity of species that follow a few simple laws?
3. How does Wilson characterize the current state of knowledge?
4. What benefit does Wilson say consilience has?
5. What interpret does Wilson give the myth of Icarus?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)