|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Natural Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit does Wilson say consilience has?
(a) It allows facts and theories to be tested.
(b) It describes the humanities in scientific terms.
(c) It translates science into humanities and vice versa.
(d) It provides a Rosetta Stone for the sciences.
2. When did the Enlightenment end, in Wilson's account?
3. Einstein recognized what in his discoveries, in Wilson's account?
(a) The impossibility of any unified theories.
(b) The unity of complex phenomena.
(c) The centrality of math in knowledge.
(d) The unity of branches of knowledge.
4. What force did John Locke believe in, in Wilson's account?
(a) The therapeutic force of society.
(b) The nurturing force of the environment.
(c) The civilizing force of discipline.
(d) The damaging force of society.
5. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
(c) de Sade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event marks the end of the Enlightenment, in Wilson's account?
2. What was Wilson's relationship with the term 'Consilience'?
3. How can science help us, in Wilson's account?
4. Wilson says that biological classification is based on the "Origin of Species" and what?
5. What is the only way to get a clear picture of the world, in Wilson's account?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)