|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Natural Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson distinguish between?
(a) Religion and myth.
(b) Science and ethics.
(c) Science and religion.
(d) Science and pseudo-science.
2. What idea of Locke's survived the Enlightenment into Romanticism?
(a) The idea of transcendent experiences.
(b) The idea of natural rights.
(c) The idea mystical states.
(d) The idea of inevitable progress.
3. What is the only way to get a clear picture of the world, in Wilson's account?
(a) To integrate natural science with social sciences and humanities.
(b) To separate humanities from natural science.
(c) To add philosophy and ethics to all natural sciences.
(d) To divorce the natural science from social sciences.
4. What religion was Wilson born into?
(d) Southern Baptism.
5. What effect does Wilson say evolution had?
(a) It revealed the mechanism of God's working.
(b) It changed the social order among men.
(c) It changed the classification of animals.
(d) It ended the importance of religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Enlightenment thinkers tried to link, in Wilson's account?
2. What did Condorcet pioneer?
3. What does Wilson credit animals with being able to see?
4. What does Wilson say evidence from the natural sciences says about Enlightenment thinkers?
5. How does Wilson characterize the relationship between ecology and ethics?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)