|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Genes to Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Wilson's account, why did the French Revolution fail?
(a) Because of the intellectual opposition to the tyranny of the revolution.
(b) Because of the excesses of tyrants and terrorists.
(c) Because of international fear of the spread of revolution.
(d) Because the efficiency of the military in the Reign of Terror allowed Napoleon's rise.
2. What does science seek, in Wilson's account?
(a) The mind of God.
(b) Objective truth based on hypothesis.
(c) Interesting hypotheses.
(d) Probably hypothesis.
3. Wilson defines culture in terms of what?
4. Where does the unification of intellectual work have its benefit, in Wilson's account?
(a) In philosophy.
(b) In environmental policy.
(c) In politics.
(d) In the future.
5. What are epigenetic rules?
(a) The language in which culture expresses itself.
(b) Influences that affect the expression of genes.
(c) The process of selecting which genes are most desirable in an environment.
(d) The cultural effect on genetic expression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is gene-culture evolution?
2. What do nerve cells in the brain send signals along?
3. Where is the seat of consciousness in the brain?
4. What did the idea of intellectual unity foster in the Enlightenment?
5. What would need to be true before we could establish the goals and progress of evolutionary processes, in Wilson's account?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)