|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Genes to Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field does Wilson say philosophers and scientists should collaborate in?
(a) Biology and social sciences.
(b) International relations.
(c) Conflict resolution.
(d) Urban planning.
2. Where is the seat of consciousness in the brain?
(a) In the mid-brain.
(b) In the fore-brain.
(c) In the hind-brain.
(d) There is no center of consciousness.
3. Where do government policies typically originate, in Wilson's account?
(a) In politicians' thinking.
(b) In majority rule.
(c) In popular consensus.
(d) In experts in each field or region.
4. How many disorders are caused by genes?
5. What political movement did Condorcet inspire?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The abolition of slavery in the New World.
(d) The abolition of slavery in French colonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilson characterize the relationship between ecology and ethics?
2. How can scientists monitor the working brain, in Wilson's account?
3. What does Wilson say matters in science?
4. What has research on the mind had to focus on?
5. How would you describe the relationship between Descartes' theories and modern science of the brain?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)