|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Genes to Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difference between primary and secondary emotions?
(a) Primary emotions are inborn, secondary emotions are personal.
(b) Primary emotions are conscious, secondary emotions are instinctual.
(c) Primary emotions are tied to instincts, secondary emotions are tied to homeostatic regulation.
(d) Primary emotions are deliberate, secondary emotions are unconscious.
2. What event marks the end of the Enlightenment, in Wilson's account?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The death of de Sade.
(c) The birth of Wordsworth.
(d) The French Revolution.
3. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
(c) de Sade.
4. What does temporal-lobe epilepsy cause?
(d) Tourette's syndrome.
5. What does Wilson say declined as people started to live longer in the nineteenth century?
(b) Crime and poverty.
(d) Reason and politeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wilson characterize the current state of knowledge?
2. What political movement did Condorcet inspire?
3. Why have scientific models of the brain failed to explain consciousness?
4. Why does Wilson say that the concept of evolutionary progress is not easily defined?
5. What was Wilson's relationship with the term 'Consilience'?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)