|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Social Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the idea of intellectual unity foster in the Enlightenment?
(a) European supremacy.
(b) Human rights.
(d) Racial supremacy.
2. What does Edmund Wilson say is the purpose of the social science?
(a) To provide a way to control the future.
(b) To Keep suppressed cultures alive.
(c) To demonstrate how to conquer other cultures.
(d) To reveal the hidden meanings in people's actions.
3. How does Edmund Wilson describe the current era of economics?
(a) As the era of statistical analysis.
(b) As the Era of Model Building.
(c) As the era of supply and demand.
(d) As the era of international debt.
4. What event marks the end of the Enlightenment, in Wilson's account?
(a) The American Revolution.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The birth of Wordsworth.
(d) The death of de Sade.
5. How does Wilson describe the strength of the French Revolution?
(a) It appropriated church lands for the people.
(b) It concentrated wealth in a small group's hands.
(c) It led to the rise of Napoleon.
(d) It tried to improve educational opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Wilson's account, why did the French Revolution fail?
2. Where is the seat of consciousness in the brain?
3. What force did John Locke believe in, in Wilson's account?
4. Which social science does Edmund Wilson say is best situated to bridge the gap between natural science and social science?
5. What does temporal-lobe epilepsy cause?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)