|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Social Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the human brain weigh on average?
(a) Four pounds.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Two pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
2. What did the idea of intellectual unity foster in the Enlightenment?
(a) Human rights.
(b) European supremacy.
(c) Racial supremacy.
3. What is the difference between primary and secondary emotions?
(a) Primary emotions are deliberate, secondary emotions are unconscious.
(b) Primary emotions are tied to instincts, secondary emotions are tied to homeostatic regulation.
(c) Primary emotions are inborn, secondary emotions are personal.
(d) Primary emotions are conscious, secondary emotions are instinctual.
4. Where is the seat of consciousness in the brain?
(a) In the fore-brain.
(b) There is no center of consciousness.
(c) In the hind-brain.
(d) In the mid-brain.
5. What did Condorcet pioneer?
(a) The notion of innate human rights.
(b) The application of statistics to politics.
(c) The application of math in social science.
(d) The development of statistical models for economics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision was effectively made in human evolution as the brain found its present size?
2. What idea of Locke's survived the Enlightenment into Romanticism?
3. How many genes does the brain consist of?
4. What does Edmund Wilson say is the purpose of the social science?
5. What does Wilson say declined as people started to live longer in the nineteenth century?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)