|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Social Sciences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wilson say declined as people started to live longer in the nineteenth century?
(c) Crime and poverty.
(d) Reason and politeness.
2. What does Wilson say about the complexity of the social sciences?
(a) They can be modeled by animal cultures.
(b) They can be unraveled by computers.
(c) They are more complex than physics.
(d) They can be eliminated through military science.
3. What are the nerve cells in the brain called?
4. What has research on the mind had to focus on?
(a) The soul.
(b) The working brain.
(d) The spirit.
5. What idea of Locke's survived the Enlightenment into Romanticism?
(a) The idea of inevitable progress.
(b) The idea mystical states.
(c) The idea of transcendent experiences.
(d) The idea of natural rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Wilson's account, why did the French Revolution fail?
2. What did economists do during the Marginalist Era in economics?
3. What do nerve cells in the brain send signals along?
4. Whose ideas influenced the formation of the French slogan "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity"?
5. What is the difference between primary and secondary emotions?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)