|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Roman empress Justina favor?
(a) Celtic gods.
(b) The Arian heresy over Christianity.
(c) The Greek gods over those of the Romans.
(d) The Pope over the Greek gods.
2. What sort of philosophy does Augustine have?
3. What does the book Hortensius give Augustine?
(a) A desire to become a famous orator.
(b) A love for philosophy.
(c) Bad dreams.
(d) Knowledge to learn Greek.
4. How do the angels live in heaven?
(a) In silence and awe.
(b) In chaste love.
(c) In joyful physicality.
(d) They don't live in heaven; they are man's helpmates on earth.
5. Why does Augustine get in trouble?
(a) He believes he deserves a better life.
(b) He has no discipline.
(c) He is angry with his father.
(d) He follows his friends who are smarter than he.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one definition of evil?
2. What is the Fables of Manes?
3. What do the Manicheans believe when one their "Elect" digest food gifts?
4. What was given light and made to exist?
5. What is the name of a book Augustine wrote that he later lost?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)