|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the wisdom of God?
(b) There is not name for God's wisdom; it is ineffable.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
2. How does Augustine change his view of evil?
(a) He sees there is not such thing as evil.
(b) He believes evil is created by God and can be annihilated by God.
(c) He sees that evil only exists as a concept and is not real.
(d) He sees that evil is caused by corruption and lack of good.
3. What does Augustine say is another way to look at the Trinity?
(a) The Trinity is the three faces of the one God, but the Trinity also shows us three distinct entities.
(b) As a way of expressing the differences between space, earth, and the substance inbetween.
(c) As three aspects of man.
(d) As the three ways of being.
4. What indicates that Augustine is not quite ready to fully embrace the way of being a priest of Christianity?
(a) He still goes to the houses of "ill repute."
(b) He still has a mistress.
(c) He still attends Manichean rites.
(d) He has not yet divorced his wife.
5. What does Simplicianus say Victorinus has to do?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Ask Jesus to open his eyes.
(c) Go to the Church and convert publicly to Christianity.
(d) Make a pilgrimage to the Holy Lands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augustine leave Carthage and his mother?
2. Instead of having a body, how does Augustine see God?
3. What question does Augustine ask?
4. Why should Monica think Rome is a good place for Augustine?
5. Instead of studying the literal meaning of a phrase what is important to study?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)