|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book XIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Augustine preoccupied?
(a) Taking a trip to the Holy Lands.
(b) Learning languages.
(c) Drama both on stage and in real life.
(d) Becoming holy.
2. How does God create sky, water and earth?
(a) From thought.
(b) From the formless part of self.
(c) From molecules of form that he rearranges.
(d) From formless matter.
3. How does Augustine leave Carthage and his mother?
(a) With her disowning him.
(b) He pretends to just be seeing a friend off at the docks but gets on a ship, too.
(c) With his mother's blessings.
(d) By sneaking away while his mother is in Athens.
4. Who accompanies Augustine for the holiday?
(b) His friend Alypius and his mother Monica.
(c) No one.
(d) His wife.
5. How does Augustine view the holy men of the Bible?
(a) As terribly flawed.
(b) As too righteous to ever emulate.
(c) As not entirely righteous.
(d) As delusional.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Augustine's native language?
2. What type of behavior is not tolerate in Rome?
3. What is one definition of evil?
4. What books bring a change to Augustine's thinking?
5. How is Augustine a paradox within himself?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)