|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Augustine believe a person starts sinning?
(a) Right at infancy.
(c) At puberty.
(d) When one becomes married.
2. What do the Manicheans believe about man's soul?
(a) Women have souls but men do not.
(b) Every man has a soul of light, good, and a soul of darkness.
(c) Men have souls but women do not.
(d) Man does not have a soul.
3. For what is there always a rationale?
(b) Going to Rome.
(c) Studying esoteric philosophies.
(d) Making money.
4. What sort of philosophy does Augustine have?
5. What does Augustine refuse?
(a) Animal sacrifice for help.
(b) A woman's offer of marriage.
(c) His mother's suggestion that he leave Carthage.
(d) His best friend's position at the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of Augustine's greatest faults as a boy and young man?
2. What happens to a friend who is ill and unconscious?
3. On what does Augustine eventually blame his actions?
4. What does Augustine resent about his studies of Latin and Greek literature?
5. Why does Augustine get in trouble?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)