|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of learning Christian stories, what does Augustine learn?
(a) How to be a successful businessman.
(b) The precepts of Buddhism.
(c) How to be a soldier.
(d) He learned and admired the Gods in pagan myths.
2. In what is Augustine particularly interested?
(a) The importance of a person's intentions.
(b) How he can become successful in the church.
(c) The history of the world.
(d) The ways religion all led to the same place.
3. What is the name of a book Augustine wrote that he later lost?
(a) "Fitting One's Soul in the Earthly Physical Life."
(b) "The Beautiful Fits All Souls."
(c) "The Fitting Way of Life and Death."
(d) "The Beautiful and the Fitting."
4. At what age does Augustine decide to become a philosopher?
5. What interests Augustine more than higher goals or values?
(a) Love and friendship.
(c) Intellectual knowledge.
(d) Success and fame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book Hortensius give Augustine?
2. What book does Augustine understand that challenges many people?
3. What does Augustine find odd about Hortensius?
4. How does Augustine later view the Manichean myths?
5. Why do Augustine and his friends steal a pear?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)