|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Augustine are both of his parents proud?
(a) His appeal to women.
(b) His wit.
(c) His kindness.
(d) His intellect.
2. Into what has St. Augustine sunk?
(a) Sin and lustful behavior.
(b) A pit of despair.
(c) The a life of glory for God.
(d) A deep depression.
3. What is something Augustine finds very difficult to follow in real life?
(a) The precepts of the Manicheans.
(b) It is necessary to follow the word of God, and not even be tied down to one's own flesh.
(d) The Golden Rule.
4. Upon what does Augustine wonder?
(a) If his mother wanted him to become a philosopher.
(b) Whether Jesus really existed.
(c) If his father was truly moral.
(d) The lack of even the basic morality of observance of the Ten Commandments in his vicinity.
5. How does Augustine later view the Manichean myths?
(a) As evil.
(b) As misguided.
(c) As ridiculous.
(d) As correct by incomplete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustine feel when he reads of Zeus engaging in fornication and being powerful?
2. What do the Manicheans believe about man's soul?
3. What do the Manicheans believe when one their "Elect" digest food gifts?
4. How is Augustine a paradox within himself?
5. What is Augustine's position in his circle of friends?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)