|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of this book, where is Augustine a student?
(a) School of Rhetoric in Carthage.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) School of Philosophy in Athens.
(d) Lysortium Rhetorium in Rome.
2. How would you characterize Augustine in this Book?
(a) A serious and studies young man.
(b) A sinful young man.
(c) A mama's boy.
(d) A pious young man.
3. Besides thievery, in what is Augustine involved?
(d) Cheating on his exams.
4. When does Augustine believe a person starts sinning?
(a) When one becomes married.
(b) At puberty.
(d) Right at infancy.
5. What is Augustine's position in his circle of friends?
(a) A leader.
(b) Someone on the fringes.
(c) He is a loner.
(d) A follower.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Augustine later view the Manichean myths?
2. What sort of philosophy does Augustine have?
3. What is better to seek after than earthly pleasures?
4. For what is there always a rationale?
5. At what age does Augustine decide to become a philosopher?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)