|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They argued most of the time.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They had a physical fight.
2. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(c) His Mother:
3. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(b) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(c) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
4. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
5. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) With a friend.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With his father.
(d) At school.
6. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Take better care of his health.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
7. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Stay away from Guido.
(b) Avoid cigarettes.
(c) Marry his wife again.
(d) Avoid Giovanni.
8. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He felt better.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(d) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
9. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) The gardener.
10. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) Her blushes.
(b) The color of her hair.
(c) The slant of her eyes.
(d) The shape of her lips.
11. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He struck Zeno.
(b) He ate his favorite meal.
(c) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(d) He said he was frightened.
12. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Confusuon and relief.
(b) Relief and guilt.
(c) Remorse and sorrow.
(d) Anger and frustration.
13. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
14. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
15. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
(a) He felt physical desire for her.
(b) He found her funny.
(c) He found her repulsive.
(d) He hated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
2. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
4. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
5. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)