|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(b) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
3. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Zeno's best friend.
(b) A butler.
(c) A professor.
(d) Ada's love interest.
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(b) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(c) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
5. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
6. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
7. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They had a physical fight.
(b) They argued most of the time.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They ignored each other.
8. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
9. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(b) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(c) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(d) He overpowered Giovanna.
10. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
11. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The gardener.
12. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
(a) They're missing out on one of the greatest joys in life.
(b) They undervalue it.
(c) They are smart to avoid marriage.
(d) They think it is more important than it really is.
13. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He stopped when he got sick.
(b) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(c) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(d) He picked significant dates and events.
14. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Take better care of his health.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Give up smoking.
15. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
5. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)