|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(b) He hides his cigarettes.
(c) He makes resolutions.
(d) He stops buying cigarettes.
2. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(b) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(c) He overpowered Giovanna.
(d) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
4. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His graduation from law school.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His son's birth.
5. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He felt better.
(b) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(c) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(d) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
6. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
7. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) When he was 20.
(b) Before he was 15.
(c) When she was 73.
(d) At the same time as his father.
8. What was the nurse's name?
9. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(d) The neighbor's.
10. Which sister loved Zeno?
11. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
(a) Prior Relationships.
12. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
13. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
14. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Lean but strong.
(b) Aggressively cheerful.
(c) Of uncertain age.
(d) The picture of elegance.
15. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
(a) He offered to manage Zeno's affairs.
(b) He suggested a different person to manage Zeno's affairs.
(c) He seemed alarmed.
(d) He encouraged Zeno.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
2. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
3. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
4. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
5. What disease did Tullio have?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)