|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) Aunt Rosina.
(c) His future mother-in-law.
2. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(b) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(c) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Competent and no-nonsense.
(b) Mean and cold.
(c) Shrill and little.
(d) Large and overbearing.
4. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
5. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) A professor.
(b) Zeno's best friend.
(c) A butler.
(d) Ada's love interest.
6. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Marry his wife again.
(b) Avoid cigarettes.
(c) Avoid Giovanni.
(d) Stay away from Guido.
7. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(b) Doubt about studying law.
(c) Doubt about working.
(d) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
8. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(d) His Mother:
9. What was the nurse's name?
10. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Table turning.
(b) Card tricks.
(d) Fortune telling.
11. What disease did Tullio have?
12. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(c) The neighbor's.
13. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He felt better.
(b) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(c) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(d) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
14. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) Before he was 15.
(b) When she was 73.
(c) At the same time as his father.
(d) When he was 20.
15. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(c) Immensely satisfied.
(d) Afraid of what he'd done.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
2. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
3. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
4. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
5. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)