|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) Not more than forty.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) Not much older than twenty.
(d) In his seventies.
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants to please his mother.
(c) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
3. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Table turning.
(c) Card tricks.
(d) Fortune telling.
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the violin.
(b) Played the cello.
6. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(a) Cerebral hemorrhage.
7. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
8. What was the nurse's name?
9. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
10. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As a lie.
(b) As phenomenon.
(c) As something that has great meaning.
(d) As a fairy tale.
11. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Old Goat.
(b) Old Silva Free Fist.
(c) Old Iron Fist.
(d) Tight Wad.
12. Who was Tullio?
(a) Zeno' s best friend.
(b) Ada's love interest.
(c) Ada's brother.
(d) A crippled man.
13. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
14. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) More poignant than others.
(d) Like freedom.
15. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
(a) He thought they were smarter than men.
(b) He admired their nurturing qualities.
(c) He disliked them.
(d) He loved them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
2. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
3. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
4. Who was Guido Speier?
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)