|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
2. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Tight Wad.
(b) Old Goat.
(c) Old Iron Fist.
(d) Old Silva Free Fist.
3. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He said he was frightened.
(b) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(c) He struck Zeno.
(d) He ate his favorite meal.
4. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Admiring the color.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Brushing it off.
(d) Looking for loose change.
5. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "It was not my fault!"
(b) "I am sorry!"
(c) "Don't leave me!"
(d) "I'll never forgive you!"
6. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There is reason to hope."
(c) "There is always hope!"
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
7. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
8. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
9. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his mother.
(b) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(c) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(d) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
10. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
(b) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(c) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(d) He overpowered Giovanna.
11. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(b) Dr. Canestrini.
(c) Dr. Coprosich.
(d) Doctor Alba.
12. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(b) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
13. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
(a) Five times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Ten times.
14. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
(a) He encouraged Zeno.
(b) He seemed alarmed.
(c) He offered to manage Zeno's affairs.
(d) He suggested a different person to manage Zeno's affairs.
15. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
(a) He loved them.
(b) He thought they were smarter than men.
(c) He disliked them.
(d) He admired their nurturing qualities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
5. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)