|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
(b) At least three.
2. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He felt better.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
3. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a writer.
(b) Become a mother.
(c) Become a college professor.
(d) See the world.
4. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 6:43 a.m.
(c) 9:30 p.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
5. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Cut back on his smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Give up smoking.
6. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
7. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole money for cigarettes.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
8. What was the nurse's name?
9. What disease did Tullio have?
10. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Emotionally crippling.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
11. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(c) His Mother:
12. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
13. Who was Tullio?
(a) A crippled man.
(b) Zeno' s best friend.
(c) Ada's brother.
(d) Ada's love interest.
14. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They argued most of the time.
(d) They ignored each other.
15. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) They didn't like him.
(b) He was shy around them.
(c) He didn't like them.
(d) He desired all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
3. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
5. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)