|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister loved Zeno?
2. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 6 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
3. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) See the world.
(b) Become a college professor.
(c) Become a mother.
(d) Become a writer.
4. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(b) Dr. Muli
5. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) By making up stories.
(b) By talking about important people he knew.
(c) With magic tricks.
(d) By bragging about money.
6. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Mean and cold.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Competent and no-nonsense.
(d) Large and overbearing.
7. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(c) Cerebral hemorrhage.
8. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) More poignant than others.
(c) Like freedom.
9. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(b) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(c) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(d) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
10. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
11. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
12. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He was a gambler.
(c) He drank too much.
(d) He knew Zeno's secret.
13. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "It was not my fault!"
(b) "Don't leave me!"
(c) "I am sorry!"
(d) "I'll never forgive you!"
14. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
15. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
(a) Threw his cigarettes away.
(b) Smoked one last cigarette.
(c) Celebrated with a glass of wine.
(d) Hid his cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
5. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)