|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
2. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(b) Afraid of what he'd done.
(d) Immensely satisfied.
3. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
(a) He felt physical desire for her.
(b) He found her repulsive.
(c) He hated her.
(d) He found her funny.
4. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
5. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
6. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
7. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Three hours.
8. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
9. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(b) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(c) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
10. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They had little in common.
(b) They couldn't stand each other.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They shared the same taste in cigars.
11. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Take better care of his health.
(c) Give up smoking.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
12. What disease did Tullio have?
13. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "Don't leave me!"
(b) "I'll never forgive you!"
(c) "I am sorry!"
(d) "It was not my fault!"
14. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He makes resolutions.
(b) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(c) He stops buying cigarettes.
(d) He hides his cigarettes.
15. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. Who was Guido Speier?
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
4. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
5. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)