|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Dr. Canestrini.
(b) Dr. Coprosich.
(c) Doctor Alba.
(d) Dr. Muli.
2. What was the nurse's name?
3. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) With his father.
(b) With a friend.
(c) With his mother.
(d) At school.
4. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The slant of her eyes.
(b) The shape of her lips.
(c) Her blushes.
(d) The color of her hair.
5. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two hours.
6. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Old Iron Fist.
(b) Old Goat.
(c) Tight Wad.
(d) Old Silva Free Fist.
7. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a college professor.
(b) Become a mother.
(c) Become a writer.
(d) See the world.
8. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(b) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
(c) He tried to cry but could not.
9. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
(a) His wife.
10. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Looking for loose change.
(b) Admiring the color.
(c) Counting buttons.
(d) Brushing it off.
11. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(c) His stomach lacked acid.
(d) He was addicted to smoking.
12. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
13. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(b) Doubt about studying law.
(c) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(d) Doubt about working.
14. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(b) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(c) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(d) He felt better.
15. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
2. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
3. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
4. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
5. What does Zeno say about people who have not yet experienced marriage?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)