|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Tight Wad.
(b) Old Iron Fist.
(c) Old Goat.
(d) Old Silva Free Fist.
2. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's brother.
(b) Zeno's father.
(c) His mother.
(d) A nurse.
3. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) For his shortness of breath.
(b) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
(c) For electrical treatments.
(d) To get a certificate of sanity.
4. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
5. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(b) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(c) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
6. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He picked significant dates and events.
(b) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
(c) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(d) He stopped when he got sick.
7. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Table turning.
(b) Card tricks.
(d) Fortune telling.
8. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
9. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(b) Dr. Muli
10. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(d) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
11. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Competent and no-nonsense.
(b) Shrill and little.
(c) Large and overbearing.
(d) Mean and cold.
12. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
13. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
14. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(b) His Mother:
15. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Stay away from Guido.
(b) Marry his wife again.
(c) Avoid cigarettes.
(d) Avoid Giovanni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
2. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
3. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
4. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)