|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(b) Dr. Muli.
(d) Dr. Hahn.
2. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Dr. Canestrini.
(b) Doctor Alba.
(c) Dr. Muli.
(d) Dr. Coprosich.
3. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The slant of her eyes.
(b) Her blushes.
(c) The color of her hair.
(d) The shape of her lips.
4. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) A token to a new and intense life.
(b) Overwhelmingly painful.
(c) Emotionally crippling.
(d) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
5. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
(a) He seemed alarmed.
(b) He suggested a different person to manage Zeno's affairs.
(c) He encouraged Zeno.
(d) He offered to manage Zeno's affairs.
6. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(a) Immensely satisfied.
(c) Afraid of what he'd done.
7. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(b) He was addicted to smoking.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) His stomach lacked acid.
8. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(b) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
9. Who was Tullio?
(a) A crippled man.
(b) Ada's brother.
(c) Zeno' s best friend.
(d) Ada's love interest.
10. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She cried uncontrollably.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She promised not to tell anyone.
11. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's uncle.
(b) As his future father-in-law.
(c) As his future wife's brother.
(d) As his future wife's guardian.
12. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
13. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(b) Fortune telling.
(c) Table turning.
(d) Card tricks.
14. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(a) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
(b) He tried to cry but could not.
15. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
2. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
3. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
4. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)