|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
(a) Doctor Alba.
(b) Dr. Muli.
(c) Dr. Canestrini.
(d) Dr. Coprosich.
2. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
3. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a mother.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) See the world.
(d) Become a college professor.
4. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Looking for loose change.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Brushing it off.
(d) Admiring the color.
5. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) Not much older than twenty.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) Not more than forty.
6. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He felt better.
(c) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
7. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(c) An assertion of freedom.
8. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
9. How much time does Zeno say he spent with his father before his death?
(a) As much as possible.
10. Which sister loved Zeno?
11. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his mother.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
12. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole money for cigarettes.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
13. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
14. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Stay away from Guido.
(b) Avoid Giovanni.
(c) Avoid cigarettes.
(d) Marry his wife again.
15. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
2. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
3. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
4. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)