Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Remorse and sorrow.
(b) Relief and guilt.
(c) Confusuon and relief.
(d) Anger and frustration.
2. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He was a gambler.
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) In his seventies.
(b) Not more than forty.
(c) In his thirties.
(d) Not much older than twenty.
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Develop a more positive outlook.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
5. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
(a) Prior Relationships.
6. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) More poignant than others.
(b) Like freedom.
7. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(c) Dr. Muli.
8. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
9. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(c) The neighbor's.
10. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
(a) He found her repulsive.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He found her funny.
(d) He felt physical desire for her.
11. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He said he was frightened.
(b) He ate his favorite meal.
(c) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(d) He struck Zeno.
12. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
13. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
14. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) Aunt Rosina.
(b) His future mother-in-law.
15. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) An abyss of regret.
(b) Surprisingly peaceful.
(c) A robber of joy.
(d) An unimaginable catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
2. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
3. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
5. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)