|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Tullio?
(a) A crippled man.
(b) Zeno' s best friend.
(c) Ada's love interest.
(d) Ada's brother.
2. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(a) Dr. Muli
3. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He may have been unfaithful.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He was a gambler.
4. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a mother.
(b) Become a college professor.
(c) See the world.
(d) Become a writer.
5. How much time does Zeno say he spent with his father before his death?
(c) As much as possible.
6. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
(b) At least three.
7. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(b) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(c) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(d) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
8. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(b) He felt better.
(c) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
9. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
10. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(b) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
11. What was the nurse's name?
12. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(b) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(c) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(d) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
13. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(b) Doubt about working.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about studying law.
14. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The university he attended.
(b) The Bourse of Trieste.
(c) The capital of Trieste.
(d) The tax authority.
15. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
2. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
3. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
4. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
5. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)