|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) At the same time as his father.
(b) When he was 20.
(c) Before he was 15.
(d) When she was 73.
2. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Lean but strong.
(b) Of uncertain age.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
4. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(a) Immensely satisfied.
(d) Afraid of what he'd done.
5. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He drank too much.
(b) He may have been unfaithful.
(c) He knew Zeno's secret.
(d) He was a gambler.
6. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(d) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
7. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Confusuon and relief.
(b) Relief and guilt.
(c) Anger and frustration.
(d) Remorse and sorrow.
8. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Counting buttons.
(b) Looking for loose change.
(c) Brushing it off.
(d) Admiring the color.
9. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(b) They were very close.
(c) They couldn't stand each other.
(d) They had little in common.
10. Which sister loved Zeno?
11. What did Guido do better than Zeno?
(a) Played the violin.
(b) Played the cello.
12. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The capital of Trieste.
(b) The university he attended.
(c) The tax authority.
(d) The Bourse of Trieste.
13. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
14. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(b) The neighbor's.
15. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(a) Fortune telling.
(c) Table turning.
(d) Card tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
2. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
3. Where was Zeno when his father died?
4. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
5. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)