|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Tullio?
(a) Ada's love interest.
(b) Ada's brother.
(c) Zeno' s best friend.
(d) A crippled man.
2. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) He stole it from his father.
(b) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(c) His brother gave it to him.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(c) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(d) He wants to please his mother.
4. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
5. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(a) A neighbor.
(d) The gardener.
6. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Old Goat.
(b) Old Iron Fist.
(c) Old Silva Free Fist.
(d) Tight Wad.
7. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's father.
(b) Zeno's brother.
(c) A nurse.
(d) His mother.
8. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) His future mother-in-law.
(b) Aunt Rosina.
9. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:43 a.m.
10. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She promised not to tell anyone.
(b) She cried uncontrollably.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She ran away.
11. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "I'll never forgive you!"
(b) "It was not my fault!"
(c) "Don't leave me!"
(d) "I am sorry!"
12. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(b) He said he was frightened.
(c) He ate his favorite meal.
(d) He struck Zeno.
13. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Brushing it off.
(b) Looking for loose change.
(c) Admiring the color.
(d) Counting buttons.
14. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
(a) He disliked them.
(b) He loved them.
(c) He admired their nurturing qualities.
(d) He thought they were smarter than men.
15. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(b) They had little in common.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They couldn't stand each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
2. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
3. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
5. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)