|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 8 hours.
(c) 18 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
2. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(b) An addiction to alcohol.
(c) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(d) A chronic sore throat.
3. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As phenomenon.
(b) As a lie.
(c) As a fairy tale.
(d) As something that has great meaning.
4. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) With a friend.
(b) With his mother.
(c) At school.
(d) With his father.
5. How many reasons did Zeno initially give his fiance for being late for the wedding?
(b) At least three.
6. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole money for cigarettes.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
7. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(b) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(c) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(d) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
8. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
(a) Three times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Ten times.
9. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(b) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(c) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
(d) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
10. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Admiring the color.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Looking for loose change.
(d) Brushing it off.
11. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(b) Emotionally crippling.
(c) A token to a new and intense life.
(d) Overwhelmingly painful.
12. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
13. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
14. Which sister loved Zeno?
15. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(a) Aunt Rosina.
(c) His future mother-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
3. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
4. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
5. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)