|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
(a) Prior Relationships.
2. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Avoid cigarettes.
(b) Marry his wife again.
(c) Avoid Giovanni.
(d) Stay away from Guido.
3. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They had a physical fight.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They argued most of the time.
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His mother.
(c) Zeno's brother.
(d) Zeno's father.
5. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about working.
(b) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about studying law.
6. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
7. What did Zeno's relatives reveal about his father?
(a) He knew Zeno's secret.
(b) He drank too much.
(c) He was a gambler.
(d) He may have been unfaithful.
8. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
9. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) The gardener.
(c) A neighbor.
10. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(d) The neighbor's.
11. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) For his shortness of breath.
(b) To get a certificate of sanity.
(c) For electrical treatments.
(d) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
12. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(b) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(d) He stole money for cigarettes.
13. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) At school.
(b) With his mother.
(c) With his father.
(d) With a friend.
14. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He ate his favorite meal.
(b) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
(c) He struck Zeno.
(d) He said he was frightened.
15. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(b) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It makes quitting easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
2. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
3. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
4. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
5. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)