|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She slapped him.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She promised not to tell anyone.
(d) She cried uncontrollably.
2. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
(a) He admired their nurturing qualities.
(b) He disliked them.
(c) He loved them.
(d) He thought they were smarter than men.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 9:30 p.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 6:43 a.m.
5. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
(a) Immensely satisfied.
(c) Afraid of what he'd done.
6. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) One hour.
7. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Brushing it off.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Looking for loose change.
(d) Admiring the color.
8. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) A professor.
(b) A butler.
(c) Zeno's best friend.
(d) Ada's love interest.
9. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his love for wine.
(b) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(c) To confess about bad habits.
(d) To become a published writer.
10. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
11. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They ignored each other.
(b) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(c) They had a physical fight.
(d) They argued most of the time.
12. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
13. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(d) Dr. Muli
14. Which sister loved Zeno?
15. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(b) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(c) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(d) He felt better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
2. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
3. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
5. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)