|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
2. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He was addicted to smoking.
(b) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(c) His stomach lacked acid.
(d) He was depressed.
3. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She cried uncontrollably.
(b) She promised not to tell anyone.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She slapped him.
4. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
(a) He seemed alarmed.
(b) He suggested a different person to manage Zeno's affairs.
(c) He encouraged Zeno.
(d) He offered to manage Zeno's affairs.
5. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) Like freedom.
(d) More poignant than others.
6. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) A neighbor.
(d) The gardener.
7. What was the nurse's name?
8. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a mother.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) See the world.
(d) Become a college professor.
9. Whom does Zeno say was left to guard him in the sanatorium?
10. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(c) Dr. Muli.
11. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) By bragging about money.
(b) By talking about important people he knew.
(c) By making up stories.
(d) With magic tricks.
12. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) Emotionally crippling.
(b) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(c) Overwhelmingly painful.
(d) A token to a new and intense life.
13. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 18 hours.
14. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
(b) Fortune telling.
(c) Card tricks.
(d) Table turning.
15. Who was Tullio?
(a) Ada's love interest.
(b) Zeno' s best friend.
(c) Ada's brother.
(d) A crippled man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Tergesteo?
2. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
3. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
4. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)