|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Psychoanalysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(b) An assertion of freedom.
2. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She took it happily.
(b) She refused it.
(c) She gave it to her maid.
(d) She took it reluctantly.
3. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
4. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She'd had one previous lover.
(b) She'd been intimate with many men.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
5. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
(a) When she was 73.
(b) When he was 20.
(c) At the same time as his father.
(d) Before he was 15.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
2. What kind of businessman was Guido?
3. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
4. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
5. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)