|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Psychoanalysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(b) The gardener.
(d) A neighbor.
2. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Old Iron Fist.
(b) Old Silva Free Fist.
(c) Tight Wad.
(d) Old Goat.
3. In one of his memories, Zeno's father raises his leg to kick him. What or whom did Zeno kick when no one was looking?
(a) Augusta's dog.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) Guido's dog.
4. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(c) He tried to cry but could not.
(d) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
5. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
(a) He believed it stifled his creative energy.
(b) He believed it made his cigarette cravings more intense.
(c) He thought it put him on the road to perfect health.
(d) He felt it dampened his passions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
2. After Zeno describes a particular dream to the doctor, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What was Zeno in the dream?
3. In Chapter 6, what did Zeno say the freedom to smoke gave him?
4. As time goes on, Zeno found new ways to justify his relationship with Carla. What was one of them?
5. What did Ada ask Zeno to promise before she left for the sanatorium?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)