|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Psychoanalysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno continue with his psychoanalysis sessions after they became torture for him?
(a) He wanted to convince the doctor he was wrong.
(b) He didn't want to hurt the doctor's feelings.
(c) He didn't want to lose money.
(d) It was always hard for him to stop something he'd begun.
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Large and overbearing.
(b) Competent and no-nonsense.
(c) Mean and cold.
(d) Shrill and little.
3. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He stopped when he got sick.
(b) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(c) He picked significant dates and events.
(d) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) A chronic sore throat.
(c) An addiction to alcohol.
(d) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
5. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Confess his love for his wife.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Give her up.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
2. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
3. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
4. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
5. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)