|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Psychoanalysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor think about Zeno's relationship with Guido?
(a) He had never ceased disliking him.
(b) He came to regard him as a brother.
(c) He loved him.
(d) He continuously envied him.
2. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
(d) His Mother:
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) With his mother.
(b) With a friend.
(c) With his father.
(d) At school.
5. Why did the doctor say Zeno adopted smoking as his vice?
(a) His low self-esteem.
(b) To punish himself.
(c) To draw attention to himself.
(d) To compete with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
2. After Zeno describes a particular dream to the doctor, the doctor says Zeno is cured. What was Zeno in the dream?
3. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
4. What does Zeno do about smoking after ending his psychoanalysis sessions?
5. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)