|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Psychoanalysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
2. Where was Zeno when his father died?
(a) At school.
(b) With a friend.
(c) With his father.
(d) With his mother.
3. To what did the doctor attribute Zeno's problems?
(a) A chemical imbalance.
(b) Hating himself.
(c) Being too stubborn.
(d) Being in love with his mother and wanting to kill his father--oedipal complex.
4. What did Alberta say she wanted to do with her life?
(a) Become a mother.
(b) Become a writer.
(c) See the world.
(d) Become a college professor.
5. Why did Zeno continue with his psychoanalysis sessions after they became torture for him?
(a) He wanted to convince the doctor he was wrong.
(b) He didn't want to hurt the doctor's feelings.
(c) It was always hard for him to stop something he'd begun.
(d) He didn't want to lose money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
2. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
3. How does Zeno say he found solitude in Chapter 6?
4. How did Zeno react towards his daughter when she screamed too much?
5. What change did Zeno and Augusta disagree about?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)