|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
2. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The university he attended.
(b) The Bourse of Trieste.
(c) The tax authority.
(d) The capital of Trieste.
3. About how long does Zeno say he preserved his faith in Guido's undertaking?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two weeks.
4. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
5. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) Zeno was harsh with her.
(b) She wanted to get married.
(c) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
(d) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
2. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
3. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
4. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
5. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)