|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To confess about bad habits.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(d) To become a published writer.
2. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
(a) Alberta met a man she wanted to marry.
(b) He loved Augusta as much as she loved him.
(c) Ada secretly loved him.
(d) He was unsuited to marriage.
3. Who was Enrico Copler?
(a) Zeno's sick friend.
(b) Zeno's accountant.
(c) Zeno's rival.
(d) Augusta's love interest.
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
(a) The doctor who treated Zeno's chronic sore throat.
(b) A doctor who opened a sanatorium in Trieste.
(c) The doctor with the electrical shock device.
(d) A doctor who treated people for love addiction.
5. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Give her up.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Confess his love for his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
3. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
5. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)