|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's uncle.
(b) As his future father-in-law.
(c) As his future wife's guardian.
(d) As his future wife's brother.
2. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
(b) He tried to cry but could not.
(c) He did but pretended to have dust in his eyes.
3. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Admiring the color.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Brushing it off.
(d) Looking for loose change.
4. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She refused it.
(b) She gave it to her maid.
(c) She took it happily.
(d) She took it reluctantly.
5. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) They didn't like him.
(b) He didn't like them.
(c) He was shy around them.
(d) He desired all of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
2. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
4. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
5. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)