|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He stopped loving her.
(b) He was feeling very passionate.
(c) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(d) He was angry with Augusta.
2. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(b) A robber of joy.
(c) An abyss of regret.
(d) Surprisingly peaceful.
3. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The tax authority.
(b) The Bourse of Trieste.
(c) The university he attended.
(d) The capital of Trieste.
4. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(b) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He wants to please his father and his wife.
5. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Counting buttons.
(b) Brushing it off.
(c) Looking for loose change.
(d) Admiring the color.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how did Augusta feel after hearing that Zeno had dreamed of Ada?
2. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
3. Why did Ada say Zeno was good?
4. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
5. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)