|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Aggressively cheerful.
(b) Lean but strong.
(c) Of uncertain age.
(d) The picture of elegance.
2. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
(c) Young again.
3. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Tight Wad.
(b) Old Silva Free Fist.
(c) Old Goat.
(d) Old Iron Fist.
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(b) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(c) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(d) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
5. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) By making up stories.
(b) By talking about important people he knew.
(c) By bragging about money.
(d) With magic tricks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
2. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
3. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
4. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
5. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)