|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
(a) He thought it put him on the road to perfect health.
(b) He believed it made his cigarette cravings more intense.
(c) He believed it stifled his creative energy.
(d) He felt it dampened his passions.
2. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) Surprisingly peaceful.
(b) A robber of joy.
(c) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(d) An abyss of regret.
3. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His graduation from law school.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His son's birth.
4. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
5. How old does Zeno say Giovanni is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Zeno to join him in business?
2. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
4. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
5. How many commandments did Giovanni write in Zeno's notebook?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)