|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Zeno about Augusta?
(a) She stopped loving him.
(b) She had a nasty temper.
(c) She was a good wife.
(d) She was a good cook.
2. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He stopped loving her.
(b) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(c) He was angry with Augusta.
(d) He was feeling very passionate.
3. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
(a) He believed it stifled his creative energy.
(b) He thought it put him on the road to perfect health.
(c) He felt it dampened his passions.
(d) He believed it made his cigarette cravings more intense.
4. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
(a) He makes resolutions.
(b) He throws all of his cigarettes into the trash.
(c) He stops buying cigarettes.
(d) He hides his cigarettes.
5. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
(a) Weak and in need of protection.
(b) Confused about his future.
(c) Exceedingly happy.
(d) Worn out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
2. Who was Dr. Muli?
3. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
4. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
5. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)