|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Story of My Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
2. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Cut back on his smoking.
(b) Take better care of his health.
(c) Give up smoking.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
3. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) A professor.
(b) Zeno's best friend.
(c) Ada's love interest.
(d) A butler.
4. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) His mother.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Zeno's father.
(d) Zeno's brother.
5. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(b) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(c) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(d) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Tullio have?
2. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
3. What was the Tergesteo?
4. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
5. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)