|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Story of My Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As a fairy tale.
(b) As phenomenon.
(c) As something that has great meaning.
(d) As a lie.
2. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(d) He felt better.
3. How did Zeno feel about his future wife during his engagement?
(a) He found her repulsive.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He found her funny.
(d) He felt physical desire for her.
4. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The university he attended.
(b) The Bourse of Trieste.
(c) The capital of Trieste.
(d) The tax authority.
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) His mother.
(b) Zeno's father.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Zeno's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
2. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
3. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
4. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
5. Where was Zeno when his father died?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)