|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Story of My Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
2. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He overpowered Giovanna.
(b) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(c) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(d) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
3. Who discovered that Zeno's father was having health distress?
(d) Dr. Muli
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There is always hope!"
5. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
3. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
4. Who was Dr. Muli?
5. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)