|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Story of My Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) A chronic sore throat.
(c) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(d) An addiction to alcohol.
2. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(b) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(c) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
3. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Take better care of his health.
(b) Give up smoking.
(c) Cut back on his smoking.
(d) Develop a more positive outlook.
4. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(b) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(c) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(d) He didn't get his last cigarette.
5. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
2. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
3. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
4. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
5. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)