|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Story of My Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) He desired all of them.
(b) He was shy around them.
(c) He didn't like them.
(d) They didn't like him.
2. How did Zeno try to impress Ada and her sisters?
(a) By bragging about money.
(b) By talking about important people he knew.
(c) With magic tricks.
(d) By making up stories.
3. Who was Tullio?
(a) Ada's love interest.
(b) A crippled man.
(c) Zeno' s best friend.
(d) Ada's brother.
4. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
(a) A token to a new and intense life.
(b) Like being a frightened boy all over again.
(c) Overwhelmingly painful.
(d) Emotionally crippling.
5. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about studying law.
(b) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(c) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(d) Doubt about working.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
3. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
5. Did Zeno cry immediately when he discovered that his father was ill?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)