|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
(d) She suggested a nicotine pill.
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(c) Like freedom.
(d) More poignant than others.
3. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He said he was frightened.
(b) He ate his favorite meal.
(c) He struck Zeno.
(d) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
4. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
(b) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(c) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(d) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
5. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(b) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(c) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
Short Answer Questions
1. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
2. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
3. What does Zeno say that he did after making a resolution to stop smoking?
4. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
5. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)