|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He felt better.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
2. How does Zeno describe his past troubles with women?
(a) They didn't like him.
(b) He was shy around them.
(c) He desired all of them.
(d) He didn't like them.
3. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
(a) He wants to please his father and his wife.
(b) He grows tired of the electrical treatments.
(c) He wants to please his mother.
(d) He wants his son to find him balanced, and he's worried about Olivi leaving.
4. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "It was not my fault!"
(b) "I am sorry!"
(c) "Don't leave me!"
(d) "I'll never forgive you!"
5. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There is always hope!"
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
2. How does Zeno describe his grief when his mother died?
3. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
4. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
5. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)