|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(b) He felt better.
(c) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(d) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
2. What did Zeno's father do right before he died?
(a) He ate his favorite meal.
(b) He said he was frightened.
(c) He struck Zeno.
(d) He asked to see Zeno's mother.
3. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
4. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) Surprisingly peaceful.
(b) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(c) An abyss of regret.
(d) A robber of joy.
5. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They couldn't stand each other.
(b) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(c) They were very close.
(d) They had little in common.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
2. What makes Zeno want to try Dr. Muli's cure?
3. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
4. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
5. Where was Zeno when his father died?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)