|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(b) Doubt about working.
(c) Doubt about studying law.
(d) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
2. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
3. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
4. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(c) Cerebral hemorrhage.
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His son's birth.
(b) His graduation from law school.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno, when did his mother die?
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
3. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
4. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
5. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)