|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(b) An addiction to alcohol.
(c) A chronic sore throat.
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(a) Like freedom.
(c) More poignant than others.
3. How did Zeno tell his father he viewed religion?
(a) As a lie.
(b) As something that has great meaning.
(c) As phenomenon.
(d) As a fairy tale.
4. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(d) Cerebral hemorrhage.
5. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
(a) Doubt about studying law.
(b) Doubt about pursuing science in school.
(c) Doubt about becoming a strong, perfect man.
(d) Doubt about working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
3. Who managed Zeno's father's business affairs?
4. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
5. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)