|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Zeno say he visited a doctor who used electricity to cure diseases?
(a) He thought electricity could cure his insomnia.
(b) He hoped the doctor would treat his lack of stomach acids.
(c) He wanted a cure for his troubles with women.
(d) He hoped the doctor would discover that the nicotine was poisoning his blood.
2. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
(a) Of uncertain age.
(b) Lean but strong.
(c) Aggressively cheerful.
(d) The picture of elegance.
3. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To confess about bad habits.
(c) To analyze his love for wine.
(d) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
5. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
(a) Shrill and little.
(b) Large and overbearing.
(c) Mean and cold.
(d) Competent and no-nonsense.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno say he felt after a session of childhood smoking?
2. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
3. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
4. What was the nurse's name?
5. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)