|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
2. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 9:30 p.m.
(b) 7:00 p.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 6:43 a.m.
3. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's father.
(b) A nurse.
(c) His mother.
(d) Zeno's brother.
4. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His brother gave it to him.
(b) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
5. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
(b) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(c) It makes quitting easier.
(d) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
2. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
3. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
4. How old does Zeno say he was when he discovered that he hated the way cigarettes tasted and the way they made him feel?
5. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)