|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, My Father's Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) For electrical treatments.
(b) For his shortness of breath.
(c) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
(d) To get a certificate of sanity.
2. What does Zeno say about the noble attitude one has when he makes a resolution to quit smoking?
(a) It ensures that the resolution will work.
(b) It makes quitting easier.
(c) A person can only keep the noble attitude by renewing his resolutions.
(d) It helps a person to feel better about himself.
3. What idea did Zeno's wife have for helping him to quit smoking?
(a) She suggested a nicotine pill.
(b) She suggested that he go into a sanatorium.
(c) She offered to hide his cigarettes.
(d) She suggested that he gradually cut back on his cigarette smoking.
4. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(b) "There is always hope!"
(c) "None whatever!"
(d) "There is reason to hope."
5. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
(b) Like freedom.
(c) More poignant than others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
2. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
3. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
5. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)