|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(c) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Muli.
2. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(b) An abyss of regret.
(c) Surprisingly peaceful.
(d) A robber of joy.
3. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "None whatever!"
(b) "There is always hope!"
(c) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(d) "There is reason to hope."
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To confess about bad habits.
(c) To analyze his love for wine.
(d) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's guardian.
(b) As his future father-in-law.
(c) As his future wife's uncle.
(d) As his future wife's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Giovanni react to Zeno's talk about getting rid of Olivi and managing his own affairs?
2. What was Guido teaching the family when Zeno professed his love for Ada?
3. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
4. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
5. How did Zeno usually treat Augusta during his affair with Carla?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)