|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
(a) Tight Wad.
(b) Old Silva Free Fist.
(c) Old Goat.
(d) Old Iron Fist.
2. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Brushing it off.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Looking for loose change.
(d) Admiring the color.
3. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) His mother.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Zeno's brother.
(d) Zeno's father.
4. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
(b) His future mother-in-law.
(d) Aunt Rosina.
5. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
(b) She wanted to get married.
(c) Zeno was harsh with her.
(d) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
2. Who was Guido Speier?
3. Using which words does Zeno describe Giovanna?
4. What did Zeno think the first time Carla sang for him?
5. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)