|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
(a) To trick her.
(b) To make her jealous.
(c) To maintain his innocence.
(d) To gain her trust.
2. How does Zeno describe the importance of cigarettes that are not a person's last?
(c) An assertion of freedom.
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(d) To confess about bad habits.
4. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
5. Who asked Zeno if he thought death was the end of everything?
(a) Zeno's brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) Zeno's father.
(d) A nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
2. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
3. On the day of his wedding, who arrived and stimulated Zeno to leave and go to the ceremony?
4. What does Zeno say one never talks about after getting married?
5. How many women did Zeno ask to marry him after the table turning?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)