|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
(b) She wanted to get married.
(c) Zeno was harsh with her.
(d) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
2. What effect did Zeno think his marriage had on him at first?
(a) He felt it dampened his passions.
(b) He believed it stifled his creative energy.
(c) He thought it put him on the road to perfect health.
(d) He believed it made his cigarette cravings more intense.
3. ______________was sent to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill.
(a) A neighbor.
(d) The gardener.
4. Who was Guido Speier?
(a) Zeno's best friend.
(b) Ada's love interest.
(c) A butler.
(d) A professor.
5. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
(b) "There is always hope!"
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "None whatever!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
2. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
3. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
4. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
5. What was the nurse's name?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)