|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decisive action did Carla take to end her affair with Zeno?
(a) She moved away.
(b) She told Zeno's wife about the affair.
(c) She married Lali.
(d) She told Ada about the affair.
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
(b) The neighbor's.
3. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To confess about bad habits.
(c) To analyze his love for wine.
(d) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
4. How many hours a day did Zeno tell Tullio he worked in his office?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 18 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
5. How long did Zeno listen to his friend's lecture about the Greeks and the Hebrews?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. As time goes on, Zeno found new ways to justify his relationship with Carla. What was one of them?
2. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
3. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
4. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
5. Why did Zeno buy a music book for Carla?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)