|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His son's birth.
(c) His wedding.
(d) His graduation from law school.
2. In Chapter 4, what startling discovery did Zeno say he made?
(a) He loved Augusta as much as she loved him.
(b) Ada secretly loved him.
(c) Alberta met a man she wanted to marry.
(d) He was unsuited to marriage.
3. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
(a) Confess his love for his wife.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Give her up.
4. How did Zeno and Giovanna pass their time together?
(a) They had a physical fight.
(b) They argued most of the time.
(c) They talked and shared a bottle of wine.
(d) They ignored each other.
5. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(b) He felt better.
(c) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(d) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Dr. Muli?
2. What disease did Tullio have?
3. What was the name of the doctor who cared for Zeno's father until his death?
4. What was Zeno's nickname for his father when he was in college?
5. What doubt does Zeno say may have bound him to his vice?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)