|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She took it happily.
(b) She gave it to her maid.
(c) She refused it.
(d) She took it reluctantly.
2. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(b) He was angry with Augusta.
(c) He was feeling very passionate.
(d) He stopped loving her.
3. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
4. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) He was addicted to smoking.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(d) His stomach lacked acid.
5. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
(a) She wanted to get married.
(b) She didn't want to hurt Zeno's wife.
(c) Zeno tried to force her to continue singing.
(d) Zeno was harsh with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Zeno feel after his future wife accepted his proposal?
2. How does Zeno describe the flavor of a last cigarette?
3. How did Zeno initially feel about sleeping with Carla?
4. What phrase does Zeno use to describe Dr. Muli?
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)