|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with Augusta.
(b) He was angry with his father-in-law.
(c) He was feeling very passionate.
(d) He stopped loving her.
2. As time goes on, Zeno found new ways to justify his relationship with Carla. What was one of them?
(a) It made him more loving to Augusta.
(b) Augusta wasn't passionate enough.
(c) Augusta was unkind to him.
(d) Carla restored him to good health.
3. What condition did Zeno think his father had?
(d) Cerebral hemorrhage.
4. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
(a) Give up smoking.
(b) Develop a more positive outlook.
(c) Take better care of his health.
(d) Cut back on his smoking.
5. What did the doctor decide was ailing Zeno?
(a) His stomach lacked acid.
(b) He had a chronic lung disorder.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was addicted to smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
2. How does Zeno say Guido felt about women?
3. What did Zeno worry that Carla would want from him?
4. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
5. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)