|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
(a) 6:43 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 7:00 p.m.
(d) 9:30 p.m.
2. What was the state of Carla's virtue before Zeno's affair with her?
(a) She'd been uninterested in the opposite sex.
(b) She'd had one previous lover.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She'd been intimate with many men.
3. How did Zeno feel when he thought of Augusta taking a second husband?
4. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She slapped him.
(c) She promised not to tell anyone.
(d) She cried uncontrollably.
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His wedding.
(b) His son's birth.
(c) His graduation from law school.
(d) His father's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Zeno became ill with a painful sore throat and a fever, what did he resolve to do?
2. With whom did Carla live?
3. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
5. Whom did Zeno ask to marry him next when Ada refused?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)