|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
(a) "There is always hope!"
(b) "None whatever!"
(c) "There is reason to hope."
(d) "There's a 50-percent chance of recovery."
2. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his love for wine.
(b) To confess about bad habits.
(c) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(d) To become a published writer.
3. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
4. How does Zeno say Augusta changed his home?
(a) She chose unappealing furnishings.
(b) She made it warmer and more comfortable.
(c) She added too many feminine touches.
(d) She removed all of his favorite things.
5. How does Zeno identify Giovanni Malfenti?
(a) As his future wife's brother.
(b) As his future wife's uncle.
(c) As his future wife's guardian.
(d) As his future father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cigarettes did Zeno take to the sanatorium?
2. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
3. Why did Carla end the affair with Zeno?
4. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
5. Who is the main character of this book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)