|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Copler learn of the relationship between Carla and Zeno?
(a) Carla moved and didn't give hime her address.
(b) He ended his friendship with Zeno and stopped helping Carla.
(c) He moved away.
(d) He died.
2. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(b) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(c) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
(d) He had nicotine withdrawal.
3. What two fears does Zeno discuss in Chapter 4?
(a) The fear of growing old and dying.
(b) Fear of life with only one woman.
(c) Fear of being insignificant.
(d) Fear that Augusta will betray him.
4. How did Zeno escape the sanatorium?
(a) He tricked Giovanna into giving him cigarettes and leaving the door open.
(b) He overpowered Dr. Muli.
(c) He overpowered Giovanna.
(d) He stole the key to a door that lead outside.
5. Why did Zeno tell Augusta about Carla?
(a) To make her jealous.
(b) To maintain his innocence.
(c) To gain her trust.
(d) To trick her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zeno always try to quit smoking?
2. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
3. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
4. What did Zeno tell himself he was going to do when he visited Carla for the third time?
5. Who was Tullio?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)