|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Zeno become agitated in the sanatorium?
(a) He didn't get his last cigarette.
(b) He had nicotine withdrawal.
(c) He suspected that he wife was having an affair with Dr. Muli.
(d) He was attracted to the person who was left to guard him.
2. How does Zeno say he used to decide when to stop smoking?
(a) He picked significant dates and events.
(b) He decided to quit on the first day of each week.
(c) He stopped when he got sick.
(d) He began new resolutions when he had something to celebrate.
3. On Zeno's third visit to see Carla, why didn't he think of Augusta?
(a) He was angry with Augusta.
(b) He stopped loving her.
(c) He was feeling very passionate.
(d) He was angry with his father-in-law.
4. What emotions did Zeno feel when he realized his father was close to death thanks to him?
(a) Anger and frustration.
(b) Remorse and sorrow.
(c) Confusuon and relief.
(d) Relief and guilt.
5. What does Zeno describe as his second trouble?
(a) The effort he put into quitting smoking.
(c) An addiction to alcohol.
(d) A chronic sore throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carla's financial status?
2. Why did Copler take Zeno to meet Carla?
3. What was the nurse's name?
4. At what time of day does Zeno say his father died?
5. With whom did Carla live?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)