|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Wife and Mistress.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Zeno feel when he thought of Augusta taking a second husband?
2. What disease did Tullio have?
3. What did Carla do with the first envelope of money Zeno offered her?
(a) She refused it.
(b) She took it reluctantly.
(c) She gave it to her maid.
(d) She took it happily.
4. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(b) To become a published writer.
(c) To confess about bad habits.
(d) To analyze his love for wine.
5. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
(a) To get a medicine that would dull his cigarette cravings.
(b) For his shortness of breath.
(c) To get a certificate of sanity.
(d) For electrical treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Carla Gerco?
2. Where did Copler get the money to provide for Carla's support?
3. What did the doctor say when Zeno asked him whether there was any hope?
4. To what does Zeno usually attribute many of his shortcomings?
5. Whom does Zeno say died soon after he was married?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)