|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno describe his relationship with his father?
(a) They had little in common.
(b) They shared the same taste in cigars.
(c) They couldn't stand each other.
(d) They were very close.
2. What did Zeno shout in his father's ear when he died?
(a) "I'll never forgive you!"
(b) "Don't leave me!"
(c) "It was not my fault!"
(d) "I am sorry!"
3. Why did Guido pretend to commit suicide?
(a) To convince Ada to give him money.
(b) To convince Zeno to remain in the office.
(c) To gain sympathy from his creditors.
(d) To convince Carmen to stay with him.
4. How does Zeno describe his father's death?
(a) A robber of joy.
(b) An unimaginable catastrophe.
(c) An abyss of regret.
(d) Surprisingly peaceful.
5. Which of the following was one of the physical features Zeno liked about his fiance?
(a) The slant of her eyes.
(b) The shape of her lips.
(c) The color of her hair.
(d) Her blushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how does Zeno say Guido seemed to him?
2. Whose idea was it to get the doctor when Zeno's father became ill?
3. What kind of businessman was Guido?
4. Who was the fifth addition to the office Zeno shared with Guido?
5. Which sister thought Zeno was mad?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)