|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zeno think his father felt about Zeno's future?
2. Why did Guido pretend to commit suicide?
(a) To gain sympathy from his creditors.
(b) To convince Carmen to stay with him.
(c) To convince Ada to give him money.
(d) To convince Zeno to remain in the office.
3. What was the Tergesteo?
(a) The university he attended.
(b) The Bourse of Trieste.
(c) The capital of Trieste.
(d) The tax authority.
4. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
(c) He felt better.
(d) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
5. According to Zeno, what was the most important event of his life?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His wedding.
(c) His son's birth.
(d) His graduation from law school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
2. Whom did Augusta say Antonia resembled?
3. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
4. About how long does Zeno say he preserved his faith in Guido's undertaking?
5. Why did Zeno go to see Dr. Canestrini?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)