|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Story of a Business Partnership.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Augusta react when Zeno accidentally told her he loved Ada?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She promised not to tell anyone.
(c) She slapped him.
(d) She cried uncontrollably.
2. According to Zeno's estimation, how old was his father's doctor?
(a) In his thirties.
(b) Not much older than twenty.
(c) In his seventies.
(d) Not more than forty.
3. What does Zeno say he would do if he was born again?
(a) Marry his wife again.
(b) Avoid Giovanni.
(c) Stay away from Guido.
(d) Avoid cigarettes.
4. What disease was Ada diagnosed with?
(b) Morbus Basedow.
5. A doctor asked Zeno's father to return for a follow-up visit after a few weeks. Why didn't his father go back to the doctor?
(a) He said the doctor's fees were astronomical.
(b) He believed the doctor was incompetent.
(c) He felt better.
(d) He said doctors and grave diggers were equally odious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Zeno leave the office for an extended time?
2. How did Zeno act whenever he was with Ada?
3. Who accepted Zeno's proposal in the end?
4. How many times does Zeno say Giovanni cheated him?
5. How did Ada's illness make Augusta's family act towards Zeno?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)