Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Hahn.
(d) Dr. Muli.
2. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To become a published writer.
(b) To analyze his love for wine.
(c) To confess about bad habits.
(d) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
3. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(b) His brother gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
(d) He stole cigarettes from a store.
5. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
6. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Brushing it off.
(b) Counting buttons.
(c) Looking for loose change.
(d) Admiring the color.
This section contains 4,587 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)