Preamble and Chapter 1, Smoke
1. Who is the main character of this book?
(a) Dr. Muli.
(c) Dr. Hahn.
2. Why is Zeno keeping a journal?
(a) To confess about bad habits.
(b) To analyze his weakness for smoking.
(c) To become a published writer.
(d) To analyze his love for wine.
3. How did Zeno get his first cigarette?
(a) His brother gave it to him.
(b) His friend Giuseppe gave it to him.
(c) He stole it from his father.
(d) He purchased a pack of cigarettes from a store.
4. How does Zeno say he came to steal?
(a) He stole money for cigarettes.
(b) He stole cigarettes from his mother.
(c) He stole cigarettes from a store.
(d) He stole cigarettes from his brother.
5. Once Zeno bought his first pack of cigarettes, how many did he say he smoked at one time?
6. What did Zeno tell his father he was doing with his coat?
(a) Looking for loose change.
(b) Admiring the color.
(c) Counting buttons.
(d) Brushing it off.
This section contains 4,587 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)